Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Got Suarez who I already play with so happy enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If anyone loves to open packs the Rare Mega Packs are very good value at 27.5k imo, there's a min return of 15k from them if you get absolutely nothing so worth a flutter if you like packs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

If anyone loves to open packs the Rare Mega Packs are very good value at 27.5k imo, there's a min return of 15k from them if you get absolutely nothing so worth a flutter if you like packs

Not really a minimum return of 15k tho I'd say more like 8k

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

jayo26 wrote: »
    Not really a minimum return of 15k tho I'd say more like 8k

I opened all 5 and the 2 that contained nothing players had roughly 15k in them at a rough count, Cavani Cech and random IF will see me up a little overall but worth it for the chance to get something big

Thought I had Suarez, big long pause after Uruguayan striker so was sure it was him since it's always quick to the club with a boards player if they're the lesser one like Sule instead of Boateng, Gameiro instead of Griezmann etc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Did 10 81+ packs and a tradeable IF pack. IF was that Argentinian LB, thought it was Aguero :o

9 81+ packs with no one over 82 and then De Gea :D

• Advertisement

Did 10 81+ packs and a tradeable IF pack. IF was that Argentinian LB, thought it was Aguero :o

9 81+ packs with no one over 82 and then De Gea :D

Hope ya Choke on him :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Free pack was trash, did a few undtradeable totw packs which were trash, did a tradeable totw pack which was you guessed it TRASH.

I seen they had 100k packs on the market but if you bought one you got one free.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Why'd all my discards sell lads? SBC?

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 42,086 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I did one tradeable TOTW pack, is it worth waiting for a better TOTW or should I open it now? I don't really like many of the lower tier players and let's face it it's very unlikely I get Ronaldo or Aguero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

That new sbc looks fairly hard to do. Exactly 88 chemistry :confused:

Gyan84 wrote: »
    That new sbc looks fairly hard to do. Exactly 88 chemistry :confused:

Simpler than you think. Use one league and 88 is easily achieved if players are out of position ;)

I have used two leagues as I had some Spanish silver cards to use:
    441952.png

You get the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

christ Firminho took a massive drop in price over 2 days. Down from over 500k to about 250k. Definitely picking him up.

wonski wrote: »
    Simpler than you think. Use one league and 88 is easily achieved if players are out of position ;)

You get the idea.

Yeah it looked harder than it was.

I used cheap premier league players and got draxler in the pack.

I did 3 improved gold upgrades hoping for some sbc fodder and didn't get anyone above 81. I got Michael Keane twice in a row :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Kante and a discard IF in the free pack...don’t mind that.

Firminho is amazing. Had 2 rage quits last night after he had scored 30 yard screamers :)
    As long as he keeps it up his tots card will be absolutely unreal.

Was 7-1 now 7-4. I'm starting to get sick of wl again because I'm coming up against people who just pack the midfield and then just sprint down the wing with their fullback and smack it across the 6 yard box until it inevitably goes in.

Getting tempted to start playing again :P The week and a half away has calmed me down a bit.

Completed the Turkish league SBC. So I'm looking at something with a 4-1-2-1-2 with...
    Cavaini - Overmars
    Costa
    ???? - - - - - Quasamera

The IF Carvalho has me tempted to go with something NoS based. They have a decent looking back line at the moment with

Telles - Jardel - Raul - Periera

Wondering if Neymar is worth grabbing then, either for left midfield or up front with Cavani, with Overmars dropping to LM. Anyone used Neymar got any thoughts?

Had also planned on doing the POTM if it was cheaper, which...lol

Long term, might start doing Rjikard.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Getting tempted to start playing again :P The week and a half away has calmed me down a bit.

Completed the Turkish league SBC. So I'm looking at something with a 4-1-2-1-2 with...
    Cavaini - Overmars
    Costa
    ???? - - - - - Quasamera

The IF Carvalho has me tempted to go with something NoS based. They have a decent looking back line at the moment with

Telles - Jardel - Raul - Periera

Wondering if Neymar is worth grabbing then, either for left midfield or up front with Cavani, with Overmars dropping to LM. Anyone used Neymar got any thoughts?

Had also planned on doing the POTM if it was cheaper, which...lol

Long term, might start doing Rjikard.

Yeah i’d drop Overmars to LM and have Neymar up front with Cavani. On a 4-5-1 formation Quaresma has perfect chemistry with Costa beside him for some reason. Could be a glitch as it’s only this formation I’ve found that it happens. You can easily switch to 4-1-2-1-2 then to keep full chem.however you might lose chem for Neymar as he’s not a striker.

My current squad and subs. Never had so many colors before :)

439_C83_EC-9_ED8-4_B37-_A218-0_E1_BDB96_B8_A1.png7_FB40727-875_A-4_ECF-956_D-2818_C326565_E.png

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    Yeah i’d drop Overmars to LM and have Neymar up front with Cavani. On a 4-5-1 formation Quaresma has perfect chemistry with Costa beside him for some reason. Could be a glitch as it’s only this formation I’ve found that it happens. You can easily switch to 4-1-2-1-2 then to keep full chem.however you might lose chem for Neymar as he’s not a striker.

I presume the 4-5-1 works for Quar cause he's only linked to two players, and Icons are meant to give a perfect match with nationality. Is there any other formations where the RM only links to two players? Every other one I can think of links him with three (usually RB, midfield and a striker). Once there's only two links, it's usually not too hard to do well with Chem. Its why 4-3-2-1 can do well for strikers too, since you can get perfect chem with only one green link.

Here's what I've put together then...

Cupv8wz.jpg

Waiting to sell some stuff up from my trade pill to grab two defenders. The three NoS players, I'm excited to try. Telles looks incredible.

The new sbc requires a player from club tijuana.

It's like they want them to be price fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The Flash SBCs are really underwhelming, loads of coins and effort for terrible packs.

The Flash SBCs are really underwhelming, loads of coins and effort for terrible packs.

If I didn't have players in the club I would rather buy the packs directly.

No point spending 10k to get 6 players pack.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    The new sbc requires a player from club tijuana.

It's like they want them to be price fixed.

There was one earlier about cats or something, that benefited from a Dutch player in Swiss leagues. So oddly specific, but I had one in my club. Easy instant 8k.

These SBCs seem great if you've players in your club already, either to do the SBCs cheap or pocket the coins. Otherwise, I'd avoid...

There was one earlier about cats or something, that benefited from a Dutch player in Swiss leagues. So oddly specific, but I had one in my club. Easy instant 8k.

These SBCs seem great if you've players in your club already, either to do the SBCs cheap or pocket the coins. Otherwise, I'd avoid...

Was just gonna say if it cost you 20k to get one small players pack you may as well use your coins on a promo pack.

Actually on a similar note, the Roma SBC in the Italian League one costs 10k currently, and rewards a mega pack ;)

Actually on a similar note, the Roma SBC in the Italian League one costs 10k currently, and rewards a mega pack ;)

That is good value :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just did a tradeable TOTW with some untradeables in the club...saw the Portuguese flags and nearly shat myself. ****ing William Carvalho...forgot he was in it :pac:

• Advertisement

Just did a tradeable TOTW with some untradeables in the club...saw the Portuguese flags and nearly shat myself. ****ing William Carvalho...forgot he was in it :pac:

I got Puch.

12k discard 81 rated. Useless.

Advertisement