Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got the 86 rated spanish guy from the totw sbc.

Went from 14-6 to 18-6. Again I think I have gold 1 nailed on. What happens in the next game ? The ball is at knee height on the 6 yard box and my keeper runs in front of it and punches it into my goal :confused:
    Just when you think you've seen it all :rolleyes:. This will start the weekly collapse to gold 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I actually won this game lol best team I've ever seen.

20180218_192434.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Neymar. 15 games. 15 goals. 10 assists.

Utterly in love.

Need 3 wins from my last 9 to get gold 1. I really hope they extend it sometime soon because I'm pretty sick of trying to play 40 games in a weekend tbh.

I got rakitic from the golden retriever sbc. Idk whether to sell him or throw him into the 87 squad for Rijkaard.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Need 3 wins from my last 9 to get gold 1. I really hope they extend it sometime soon because I'm pretty sick of trying to play 40 games in a weekend tbh.

Yeah I was gonna do it this weekend but the thoughts of playing 40 games, not a chance in hell would I get time to do it. So decided on squad battles for a bit of a break. Made elite 2 so 2xmega packs. Probably fet a pile of crap in them.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    Yeah I was gonna do it this weekend but the thoughts of playing 40 games, not a chance in hell would I get time to do it. So decided on squad battles for a bit of a break. Made elite 2 so 2xmega packs. Probably fet a pile of crap in them.

I lost interest in squad battles because of the multiple refreshes in the weekend.

6 games left and I still need 3 wins. I was losing 3-1 in the 80th minute,got it back to 3-3,disconnect,counts as a loss :mad:
    Followed by a match against a full icon team and then a team made up of high rated red monthly reward cards.

I'm going to sell my team and buy 87 firmino because that looks like more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,086 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

The things people do for a 25k pack. :D

5a21b5c934f0e9d1f959199d2ea18b33.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

jayo26 wrote: »
    I actually won this game lol best team I've ever seen.

20180218_192434.jpg

I decided to play an online season match on saturday, guy had 5/6 primes and the rest were POTY. I thought he was going to hammer me all over the place but I managed to scrape a 1 nil victory :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Opened 8 81+ packs there, IF Moses, Bailly and Gomes the best of them, only put it 79s and lower, mainly untradeables. Happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Blazer wrote: »

Wouldn't hold my breath on those mega packs, best I got last wk was Dimitri payet,I haven't played any form of FIFA since,I'm sick to death of it tbh

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Wouldn't hold my breath on those mega packs, best I got last wk was Dimitri payet,I haven't played any form of FIFA since,I'm sick to death of it tbh

Yep got sodall. Back to online seasons :)

Apparently winter upgrades are out on Friday.
    Kane and Salah will definitely get a +2 upgrade which means both of my POTM cards will increase by 2 also as they will match the lowest if card.
    Firminho should also get an upgrade but it might only be a +1 so no good to my 87 Firminho.
    Out of all 3 cards I would prefer Firminho to get an upgrade.

Rare mega pack for 11 ****ty PL rares? Yes please :D Bought two players for a total outlay of 4k, and will still surely be disappointed :P

....and it's Carlos Villa. Lol

Managed to get gold 1 after my tenth week of trying.

I had a couple of games left so I decided to score an own goal and forfeit. I used a bronze team and everyone copped on to what I was doing and one guy even sent a thank you message (probably the only nice message I'll ever get from fifa :pac: ).

Then with one game left the team I come up against is full icons and toty players. Seeing my bronze team he then pauses it at kick off because god knows he'd struggle to beat me if he didn't switch to 4-1-2-1-2. I then score the own goal and he proceeds to shush to the halfway line :rolleyes:

I sold all my tradeable players but I only have 245k so I'll have to wait until thursday for firmino.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭baldshin

Having played Ultimate Team since it began and opening countless packs, best player I've ever gotten was a regular Kompany card 2 years ago....until today!

Won the online draft after being down 2 goals in the last game, got a premium gold and 2 rare gold packs, open the last pack and out pops...IF Firmino!!!!...AND...a regular Kompany!

Delighted, don't know what to do now though, could seriously improve my first team by selling him.

baldshin wrote: »
    Having played Ultimate Team since it began and opening countless packs, best player I've ever gotten was a regular Kompany card 2 years ago....until today!

Won the online draft after being down 2 goals in the last game, got a premium gold and 2 rare gold packs, open the last pack and out pops...IF Firmino!!!!...AND...a regular Kompany!

Delighted, don't know what to do now though, could seriously improve my first team by selling him.

Keep him :) he’s awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Tried Rijkaard Loan Icon last night, found him very cumbersome and slow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Best cheap icon bar rui Costa?

Thinking of investing in another, perhaps overmars to replace Reus or Shevchenko/Larsson to replace Aubemayang.
    Or Rijkaard perhaps?

Best cheap icon bar rui Costa?

Thinking of investing in another, perhaps overmars to replace Reus or Shevchenko/Larsson to replace Aubemayang.
    Or Rijkaard perhaps?

Icons are gone very cheap now so probably better to buy one if you had the cash.
    Overmars is very good. But baby petit is awesome.
    I switch him from LB to CM after game start and I’m definitely going to get his 88 or prime card.
    I got him for around 360k so pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

What are the odds of an in form Gameiro for TOTW23? Would love it if it happens.

• Advertisement

Qualified for the WL his weekend :)

Lads, I saw Neymar has a possible upgrade incoming? You guys think I should sell now and hope his price drops when the upgrade comes?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Qualified for the WL his weekend :)

Lads, I saw Neymar has a possible upgrade incoming? You guys think I should sell now and hope his price drops when the upgrade comes?

Hard to know. It’s not as if EA are handing out Neymar’s all around :)
    Any other lower card and I would definitely say yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

So much for fixing the tip off glitch,my god the amount of goals I've scored and conceded from tip offs today is quite worrying to say the least,I'm begining to think this game has officially lost the plot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Finally qualified for my first weekend league of fifa 18, delighted. Had been trying for weeks with a team based around TOTY Kane got frustrated and sold him ended up doing Prime Larsson, Rijkaard and Shevchenko and the teams playing like a dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

shamrock55 wrote: »
    So much for fixing the tip off glitch,my god the amount of goals I've scored and conceded from tip offs today is quite worrying to say the least,I'm begining to think this game has officially lost the plot

I agree I've noticed no difference I usually go ultra defensive on tip off for a minute or two and it helps but I still score loads Myself.

Verratti from the second of my MM packs :)

I did one tradeable TOTW pack, is it worth waiting for a better TOTW or should I open it now? I don't really like many of the lower tier players and let's face it it's very unlikely I get Ronaldo or Aguero.

I did 6 of those tradeable TOTW packs knowing there was very little chance of packing the big dogs. Got crap from the first 3 then in the fourth...

3eed0c58dbdb0b433550fa899e4cbb97.jpg

I know, I know ... what a jammy git and all that. :p Gonna save the other two for a different TOTW now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Alright lads. Pack it up...we’re not beating that this year :pac: congrats man!! Keeping or selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You've got to be selling surely, he's going to be good sure, but you'd have to have some god squad to keep him.

• Advertisement

Alright lads. Pack it up...we’re not beating that this year :pac: congrats man!! Keeping or selling?

I was going to sell him but I've managed to build a decent squad around him so probably going to keep now.

Advertisement