Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

6-7 in weekend league. 3 of those 7 losses were great games though, back and forths that could have gone either way. Well on track to get the 11 wins though, which I'm happy with.

Had a 4-4 game there that went to penalties, and ended 1-0 cause we were useless at them :P

Sean Maguire has dragged me through some of those wins too. He's been an incredible super-sub. One of the best 15k I ever spent.

Finished Shearer's SBC this morning too. Bets pull from the Mega Pack was Fellaini lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Managed to blag myself an IF Saul to go into my team last night aswell as my gameiro so I can't wait to try my team out tonight :)

Also would alba be a good upgrade at LB?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

He if alba? He'd be amazing but don't think he's worth his price tag as a lb. I invested 140k in alaba and it's the worst money I've ever spent. He's good, yes. But he's defending is suspect and I don't use my full backs for attacking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Managed to blag myself an IF Saul to go into my team last night aswell as my gameiro so I can't wait to try my team out tonight :)

Also would alba be a good upgrade at LB?

I use alba as a sub in for my team lately he doesn't do much apart from run but he always manages to rare teams apart down the left side late in games if your chasing a game he is ideal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

RossieMan wrote: »
    He if alba? He'd be amazing but don't think he's worth his price tag as a lb. I invested 140k in alaba and it's the worst money I've ever spent. He's good, yes. But he's defending is suspect and I don't use my full backs for attacking.

Well I'm looking at the standard gold version to upgrade gaya at LB in my Spanish team. Just trying to slightly upgrade a few areas without it costing a fortune

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Anyone know where I can see a complete list of all the upgraded players?

Redo91 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can see a complete list of all the upgraded players?

Get the futwiz app and when you open it click on new and they should all show up there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Put begovic in goal instead of alison and I've gone from 6-5 to 10-5.

My last match was the glichiest I've ever played. I notice at the start that the score graphic and the power bars never load in. Then I think I'm going mad that the camera is getting further away. Sure enough the camera goes haywire and zooms out to the point where my players are 4 times smaller than they would be in normal view.

It must've happened to him too because he immediately put the ball out and after a pause it was grand.

In the same match I scored a normal low driven shot and the bottom corner of the net shot up into the air like it was hit by a bomb :confused:

I won the game 6-2 though so I can't complain :D

Gone from 6-7 to 6-12 :/ Just hit that rut again. Need to figure out a way to just grind out a win.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Gone from 6-7 to 6-12 :/ Just hit that rut again. Need to figure out a way to just grind out a win.

Try play a game defensive for a half for us on keeping a clean sheet and try hit them on break and build it from there.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Try play a game defensive for a half for us on keeping a clean sheet and try hit them on break and build it from there.

Yeah. Sometimes, I switch to a 5-3-2 and just focus on hitting counter attacks. Might give that a whirl again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

4222 is actually quite good for counter attacking football

What's your team lord?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Was doing the Portuguese league sbc there, why I don't know, Casillas will never be in my team.
    Packed the new griezmann from one of the packs, didn't even know new cards were out!
    By far the most valuable card I ever packed, he's gone straight onto the transfer list, looks like there's only a few on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Was doing the Portuguese league sbc there, why I don't know, Casillas will never be in my team.
    Packed the new griezmann from one of the packs, didn't even know new cards were out!
    By far the most valuable card I ever packed, he's gone straight onto the transfer list, looks like there's only a few on the market.

Was it a blue card? They’re man of the match cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,086 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Blazer wrote: »
    Was it a blue card? They’re man of the match cards.

Man of the Match cards are orange though?

No the blue are European motm cards

Screenshot_20180224-183539.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Orange and blue, orange strip on the left with blue background behind the player.

RossieMan wrote: »
    What's your team lord?

At the moment...
    Shearer
    SBC Cavaini
    Overmars - Xmas Fabinho - Costa - SIF Lozano
    SIF Young - Bailly - Luiz - iF Arias
    SchMicheal

In a 4-4-1-1

Not got a win today yet, I think :pac: t letting it get to me today though. Hopefully I'll get matched with some equally useless people tomorrow

That motm William card looks tasty I don't have much funds but I might scrape up enough for him in the next week.

• Advertisement

I'm Ann idiot. Playing and actually winning a game. Someone sends me a message so I press home button to read it....

I'm Ann idiot. Playing and actually winning a game. Someone sends me a message so I press home button to read it....

Oh no you didn't. Lol

Edit? Why did you try open a message when playing you should of just paused game.

it was probably your opponent :D
    use your phone to read xbox messages :)

jayo26 wrote: »
    Oh no you didn't. Lol

Edit? Why did you try open a message when playing you should of just paused game.

Other guy scored and was watching the replay so I figured I'd just check the message :(

Did get my seventh win though. 17 games left to get 4 wins.

Other guy scored and was watching the replay so I figured I'd just check the message :(

Did get my seventh win though. 17 games left to get 4 wins.

You will do it easily just don't keep.ploughing through games when you on a losing run take a good break.

I need to win 6 of my last 20 games to get gold 2 monthly but I don't think I have the motivation just to get one extra inform player.

At the moment...
    Shearer
    SBC Cavaini
    Overmars - Xmas Fabinho - Costa - SIF Lozano
    SIF Young - Bailly - Luiz - iF Arias
    SchMicheal

In a 4-4-1-1

Not got a win today yet, I think :pac: t letting it get to me today though. Hopefully I'll get matched with some equally useless people tomorrow

yea that team is ****e to be honest. you've no speed down the middle at all. your defence is very poor for having so much coins in it. If young is crap, and Luiz is too attacking if you arent great at defending.

Are your icons tradable? Overmars is such a weaste of coins as an icon. as is schemiceal.

Don't feel as if Overmars or the big Dane are wastes; Overmars pops up everywhere I need him, and constantly is scoring for me. Peter saves everything other than cheap goals. And SIF Young is the only full back I feel actually participates in games; any other I try just are anonymous.

I know I don't have speed in the middle but 90% of my game is out wide; Overmars, Young and Lozano bombing up the flanks, whipping in crosses to the strong strikers in the centre.

As far as my defence being poor, I've long since accepted that I can have whoever I want in central defence and I'll be shipping in goals. To be frank, no matter whether I use a 10k team or a 2million team, results largely stay the same. My defensive issues are my own, not the players :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I'm done with wl for the night.

Just lost 7-6 after extra time to a guy who just sprints with lozano and low drivens it across the box. It was going to penalties until the one proper shot he took from 40 yards out went straight in after 120 mins.

Still though 14-6 isn't bad considering I ran out of coins so I'm using mangala in defence :pac: He's absolutely brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Italian upgrades released. 4 for Immobile... wowza.

• Advertisement

haven't been released yet. Where are you seeing those?

Advertisement