Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Blazer wrote: »
    haven't been released yet. Where are you seeing those?

I may have imagined it/been fooled by a fake tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

yeah at most he might go from 82 to 84 driving his IF cards to 86 and 87.
    Not a hope he'd get +4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

He'll go up to an 85. The EPL ones followed their ratings on H2H, although not always their in game stats

If EA are consistent then you can look on a website like sofifa to get players current H2H ratings, it's a safe wager that's what they'll all be when they're released

oh yeah I had forgotten this clip so he does indeed go to an 85.
    He has 2 IFs (84,86) so will his 84 IF jump to 87 and the 86 to 88?
    or does the 84 only jump to 86 and his 86 to a 87.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

First 20 games done and I'm 7-13, all I want is the 11 wins for the auto-qualification but I've got a nagging feeling i will struggle to get it for some reason.

I'm shocked at amount of teams which have Ronaldihnio, Henry and Ronaldo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Lord TSC wrote:
    Don't feel as if Overmars or the big Dane are wastes; Overmars pops up everywhere I need him, and constantly is scoring for me. Peter saves everything other than cheap goals. And SIF Young is the only full back I feel actually participates in games; any other I try just are anonymous.

Lord TSC wrote:
    I know I don't have speed in the middle but 90% of my game is out wide; Overmars, Young and Lozano bombing up the flanks, whipping in crosses to the strong strikers in the centre.

Lord TSC wrote:
    As far as my defence being poor, I've long since accepted that I can have whoever I want in central defence and I'll be shipping in goals. To be frank, no matter whether I use a 10k team or a 2million team, results largely stay the same. My defensive issues are my own, not the players

If you're shipping that amount of losses he isn't working for you.
    Same can be said for overmars, if he's scoring, you should be winning.

Think you've lost track of yourself and have clouded judgement in regards to how your team is preforming. You're struggling to get 10 wins in 40 games. Its pretty much as bad as it can get.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As I said, the issues aren't the players I use, by and large. I've tried "better" super teams and still face the same issues. I've run teams with Ronnie up front and other icons, etc.

My philosophy tends to be route one, constantly trying to drive forward rather than tikka takka, meaning I give the ball away a lot. I can't skill, while I get easily frustrated by others who can. I fact, I get easily frustrated in general, especially when I ship in an EAids goal. I tend to want fast paced games and am as likely to quit out on a game against people who don't. The meta of FUT weekend league, slow build up, retaining possession, scoring a goal then parking the bus, bores the hell out of me, causing me to get annoyed, thus making more mistakes. Oh, and people who celebrate profusely for even the ****tiest goals wind me up too.

I could invest another 2m into the team and still have the same issues I've had for years. I've hovered round Div 3 in FUT Seasons for about five years now, regardless of investment. My record, such as it is, reflects my own limitations, not the limitations of the team. That's not to say there couldn't be some improvements to the squad. But it's a "blame the worker, not the tools" scenario.

By the by, 10 in 40 is not the worst it can get. I went 1 in about 15 last time, so I've improved drastically this weekend :P quite the opposite of losing track of myself, I took two weeks off the game, and am far more relaxed about it this weekend. Until I give in to the meta, or at least bother to learn skills, there's no point worrying bout the cards I use. He'll, half the teams I lose to are non-IF ones....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I'm about the same as you tsc I'm probably a bit more experienced at weekend league so I'm about 20 from 40 but I suffer mostly same way you do I just haven't patience I try to force games at times.

Saying that we don't complain haha I'm happy enough getting 3 informs a month I just accept the game and how bad I am ha.

Its nice when your 3 ifs are Ronald, Suarez and messi. The rest of us aren't so lucky. ;)

RossieMan wrote: »
    Its nice when your 3 ifs are Ronald, Suarez and messi. The rest of us aren't so lucky. ;)

Ha I never got anyone of value in them either but at least it's something to kind of look forward too must be great for the top 100 players k owing they are going to get an icon ha.

• Advertisement

2 wins form 3 this morning puts me up to 9 wins with 11 left to play.

Played one where I went two up quickly. Guy came back and got it to 2-3 and dabbed on all three of his goals. Started trying to time waste then. Smashed four of my own past him to win 6-3.

Fifa is frustrating sometimes, but god it's teraputic when you can smash someone like that.

Actually, Rosie, fair question then. I have 600k. Where would you spend that?

The Icons are all untradeables, and as I said, Overmars is first name on the sheet for me cause I find it's great. Long term, I'd say I'll upgrade Shearer through another Icon SBC.

honestly, this is what id make with it.

https://www.futbin.com//18/squad/3967877

I wouldn't have done the Cavani SBC though, because frankly, hes not a META fifa player so isnt really great.
    It depends on your play style, but that team would be very solid for a gold 2.3 weekend league finish, use your subs at half time up front.

Just looking at Icon prices for an addition

The amount of icons around 400k only because of SBCs is ridiculous, they have to get a new system next year for icons

Just looking at Icon prices for an addition

The amount of icons around 400k only because of SBCs is ridiculous, they have to get a new system next year for icons

Not a hope will they that's the way they want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Sold on 89 Ronaldinho and bought a fresh 90 Henry for 1.26m....hoping he’s worth it!!

Edit:
    First game, 4 goals :eek: clinical + rapid on the ball with great dribbling. Thought his agility/balance combo would affect him but not so far. Basic chem style too so doesn’t have any stat boosts.

Switched from 4-4-1-1 to 4-4-2, and switched out Cavani for Maguire.

Got my 11 wins with 5 games to spare. Last game, I won 7-1.

So I'm walking away from the weekend on a nice high :P

Sold on 89 Ronaldinho and bought a fresh 90 Henry for 1.26m....hoping he’s worth it!!

Edit:
    First game, 4 goals :eek: clinical + rapid on the ball with great dribbling. Thought his agility/balance combo would affect him but not so far. Basic chem style too so doesn’t have any stat boosts.

ahhhh.... basic chem upgrades all stats by a small amount :)

Capture.jpg

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Switched from 4-4-1-1 to 4-4-2, and switched out Cavani for Maguire.

Got my 11 wins with 5 games to spare. Last game, I won 7-1.

So I'm walking away from the weekend on a nice high :P

4-4-2 is the new op formation. You tend to get a lot of shots at goals and having someone like Shearer or Kane up front alongside a fast striker is beneficial for the knockdowns etc. Especially.. 93 or 96 Kane are extremely lethal due to their shot power and finishing/attacking position. Van Basten would be another highly recommended one.
    I tend to switch to 4-4-2 if I concede early goals and bring on Kane for Salah.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

After a bit of wheeling and dealing I'm now rocking this team:

2dir1ac.png

I am going to try qualify for weekend league now this week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

If you have some coins left over I'd suggest Varane over Mascherano.

Looking at the Serie A upgrades and that 88 immobile looks like a prime icon in terms of stats.

If Savic gets another in form this week which he might he'll be great as well.

if your otw rb is tradeable sell him and fund Varane and Juanfran etc.
    Also your manager is still linked to the english league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Was up 2-0 in the 20th minute. By 25 it's 2-2. He goes 4-3 ahead and starts passing it between his fullbacks straight from second half kick off. I get it back to 4-4 and destroyed his defense with a fake shot and turn to make it 5-4. I run forward with mbappe in the 120th minute. Playing 4-2-3-1 on park the bus his lozano with no stamina runs through my whole team and scuffs it in.

Second game in a row I've lost on penalties to people like this and I'm sick of it tbh. I don't expect everyone to play like Man City but to just pass it along the back line and hold out for penalties so you can take advantage of the godawful shootout system is beyond infuriating. :mad:

It really makes me want to just give up which is a shame because I enjoy wl even with the eaids and full icon teams as long as people actually play instead of trying to waste 15 mins of my time.

That's this weekends rant over :pac: On the bright side my inform Icardi got upgraded which will make the 87 squad for Rijkaard a good bit cheaper.

Just watching match of the day and suddenly dawned on me that my one to watch lukaku will probably get an inform woohoo :) surely get an 88 card :)

inform for 1 goal? i highly doubt it.
    he didn't even play well.
    Kane will get one before Lukaku IMO.

RossieMan wrote: »
    inform for 1 goal? i highly doubt it.
    he didn't even play well.
    Kane will get one before Lukaku IMO.

One goal and one assist and man of the match in a top four clash id put money on him getting an inform.

jayo26 wrote: »
    One goal and one assist and man of the match in a top four clash id put money on him getting an inform.

EA will probably give him a pity IF since he hasn't a hope of getting a tots card this season unless a miracle happens.

EA will probably give him a pity IF since he hasn't a hope of getting a tots card this season unless a miracle happens.

United players are marketable, 1g 1a in a big game, he's a shoe in for an IF based on what they normally do it's not a pity one

Who is talking about tots cards haha.

• Advertisement

can we say it is anyway? :D

Advertisement