Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Liamalone wrote: »
    Where do I access my icon Ronaldo and that? No sign of him. Forgot about him until I encountered him in a game there.

Suffice to say, I pummelled the guy but he had one chance and Chubby Ronaldo rifled in a screamer.

I can't put my finger on it but I'm not liking it, but disliking it so far. Only played 5 games right enough. Colours seem off too.
    Apparently we don’t get them til Friday. However i just played a guy with both loan Ronaldo’s so that sounds like horse****e too.
    Reckon it’s a bug as I got my kits already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Blazer wrote: »
    Apparently we don’t get them til Friday. However i just played a guy with both loan Ronaldo’s so that sounds like horse****e too.
    Reckon it’s a bug as I got my kits already

I have a three match CR7 loan card, don't know where I got it right enough, no Old Ronaldo, no Jumbo packs nor a TotW loaner. Dunno about the kits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I have a three match CR7 loan card, don't know where I got it right enough, no Old Ronaldo, no Jumbo packs nor a TotW loaner. Dunno about the kits.

The packs usually come on Monday mornings I'd imagine the Ronaldo loan will be Friday I thought I'd have mine too but got nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Did 4 of those Gold Upgrade packs and every one of them had an 83 rated player, one had 2. One of them had Firmino who I'm currently using in my team so I got to sell the one I had for 19k.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I got Icon edition and Ronaldo Icon was available straight away.

EA is funny company.

Same with the app, some could do transfers, some not, some later during the week.

Some cannot access it at all despite being regular players for years.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

wonski wrote: »
    I got Icon edition and Ronaldo Icon was available straight away.

Same here.

Some thoughts on the game after like 20 matches:

Shooting stats don't matter, every shot ends up as far into the top corner as possible, I'm not sure if the goalkeepers are actually bad I just think the shooting needs to be toned down.

Defending is far more difficult but it's a welcome change, the problem is that the shooting now makes it easier to score than ever, and having it so that defending is difficult and attacking is easy makes for some really annoying games where every chance is a goal.

Players never react to the ball being next to them. I'll position my player for an interception, the ball will go within a yard of him but he won't react to it at all.

Overall I actually like it a lot more than 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Players never react to the ball being next to them. I'll position my player for an interception, the ball will go within a yard of him but he won't react to it at all.

Overall I actually like it a lot more than 17.

I've always found this to be true in previous fifas.

On the defending part I'll agree with you. It's annoying at the moment for me as I'm conceeeding very silly goals but as I play it more that will correct itself.

Part of me expects ea to patch the defending as I'm sure half the community will complain about it.

I always find I tend to enjoy a new FIFA till early release a patch.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Sooner the better everyone has the game. Trying to buy a Michal Antonio since last night, cant get near him. Theres only ever a few up in the market and as soon as he goes up hes auto bought for 10k BIN for I can even hit buy now. Frustrating as hell, roll on Friday when the market starts to get flooded...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Finally the pack gods have been kind, packed Alli who is going for about 45K. Selling him at the minute. He'll probably go up massively next week, but then again so will everything else I want to buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'd never usually single out a player for praise, but Kimpembe has been an absolute walking tank for me so far, as hard as the defending is this year, almost nothing gets past him. Only cost me 350 coins I think, anyone starting out with a Ligue 1 team should probably snap him up before he goes up, because he seems really overpowered at the minute.

I'm actually so bad at this game, just lost to this team while I'm playing with a 120k squad. Feel like it's going to take me a while to learn this game.

rsz_team.jpg

rsz_ud4s9xy.jpg

I'm actually so bad at this game, just lost to this team while I'm playing with a 120k squad. Feel like it's going to take me a while to learn this game.

rsz_team.jpg

rsz_ud4s9xy.jpg

I've seen a few pro players with less than flattering records at the moment. It takes a while for everyone to adjust, defending is so much hardaer and the people that are online for early access are all decent and play a lot.

Yeh I agree vettle I'm muck too but I'm putting it down to only the real hard-core players have the icon edition so we are meeting them In the lower divisions as they make their way up the leagues.

Also I can't defend for ****.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Axwell wrote: »
    Sooner the better everyone has the game. Trying to buy a Michal Antonio since last night, cant get near him. Theres only ever a few up in the market and as soon as he goes up hes auto bought for 10k BIN for I can even hit buy now. Frustrating as hell, roll on Friday when the market starts to get flooded...

Wait, the West Ham striker?

I packed him a few days back, didn't realise he's going for so much. Why?

Ah bugger, he's untradeable.

Ah apparently some youtubers bigger him up as this years Musa.

Might give him a try then.

He's very fast, has strength, tall, good in the air... he has everything you need for a striker in FIFA. I'll wait until he stops instaselling for 10K to try him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Theres something so crap about going out in the draft in the first round and getting a draft token pack only to go out in the first round again

Liking the game mostly so far, games really feel like battles and since i know defending is harder for everyone im enjoying both guys getting 3/4 every time

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Finally finished off the Hybrid Leagues SBC, now the dilemma of either holding onto the Mega Pack and Rare Mega Pack until the OTW cards come out, or just tear into them now. I know which option is smarter, but I'm not sure I can resist. :o

• Advertisement

I was going to say that the squad battle rewards seem a bit easy to get, but seems that where it shows your current rank at is not where you finish?

"Points are accumulated globally, and so you can drop ranks. If you play well on the Mon-Tues games, and hit 8,000 points putting you elite 1, you do not finish in this rank - the points scale globally as they are earned."

I was thinking that getting 10K for 4 games against the A.I was a bit generous to say the least. I'm really liking the concept of squad battles though. It's a lot less stressful than playing FUT champs and the A.I isn't horrendously boring to play against like previous years.

My Ronaldo packs and stuff just went into the store for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

jayo26 wrote: »
    My Ronaldo packs and stuff just went into the store for me now.

Still nowt this end :(

Still nowt this end :(

I'm sure they will come in today I just opened the loan packs I'll keep the two jumbo gold packs for the weekend.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Finally finished off the Hybrid Leagues SBC, now the dilemma of either holding onto the Mega Pack and Rare Mega Pack until the OTW cards come out, or just tear into them now. I know which option is smarter, but I'm not sure I can resist. :o

My attitude is always that I'm as likely to pack an IF today as an OTW next week so, screw it, do it now, and get that crushing devestation of getting nothing over with :P
    v3ttel wrote: »
    I was going to say that the squad battle rewards seem a bit easy to get, but seems that where it shows your current rank at is not where you finish?

"Points are accumulated globally, and so you can drop ranks. If you play well on the Mon-Tues games, and hit 8,000 points putting you elite 1, you do not finish in this rank - the points scale globally as they are earned."

I was thinking that getting 10K for 4 games against the A.I was a bit generous to say the least. I'm really liking the concept of squad battles though. It's a lot less stressful than playing FUT champs and the A.I isn't horrendously boring to play against like previous years.

I'm doing them with my fitness team every forth game or so, and love I'll get anything, rewards wise. Its awesome to give people incentive, and help get weekly rewards to those of us who aren't good eno.....uh, not got the time to do weekend league :o

Long shot, anyone tried the dutch IF Locadia?

He's got 80+ in 5 of the 6 stats :O

Lord TSC wrote: »

He's got 80+ in 5 of the 6 stats :O

No but he looks like he could make a decent cam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

When do we get the weekly packs from the Ronaldo or Icon edition got two on tuesday when i started playing but what day are they released every week?

markc91 wrote: »
    When do we get the weekly packs from the Ronaldo or Icon edition got two on tuesday when i started playing but what day are they released every week?

Monday's is weekly pack day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Lord TSC wrote:

Just picked him up for 10k. Seems a solid card for this stage of the game and that price.

Will be a squad sub for me.

Advertisement