Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Is the Paddys Day tournament happening again this year? I've picked up about 12 or 13 Irish players in anticipation (a few were packed). Players going for around 1k. What do they usually go for when the league is on?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

RossieMan wrote: »
    You don't need to change your team, you need to change how you play. Might seem harsh, but you obviously need to change something, try 5 at the back, see will it help you defend.

I'm the same...I've a div 3 player at best.
    I love my fast free flowing football where I'm taking shots from 30 yards out etc
    I could adapt and go for more passing/tap ins etc but my god I'd hate it..I think :D
    I am going to make some adjustments to my custom tactics to make sure I'm getting the best out of my team.
    What's everyone's favourite formation at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Completely understand that logic, but surely getting battered and barely making silver 3 from 40 games isn't an enjoyable experience? With the coins being discussed the team should carry you to atleast a silver finish.

I'm using 4312, but I'm a super high pressing player and use my midfield to win the ball back.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

I'm noticing a lot of disconnections in WL just after the screen showing the team line ups,is this a thing now that jerseys,join date etc have been hidden?

Checked my custom tactics and they were miles off.. No wonder I was getting so many midfield goals as they were all set up to attack and shoot.
    I had obviously been dicking around with it at launch and never switched it back. I was wondering why my defenders/midfielders were getting so many goals when forever its always been my CAM and strikers getting all the goals.
    I think one year only Ben Arfa, Lacazette and 2 other players scored my entire goals for the year but this year even my defense were banging in goals...lol now I know why.
    Just tried 2 games and my defense seems a lot tighter now with players staying where they're supposed to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blazer wrote: »
    there is :) Okocha :pac:

I meant the primes, but yeah, forgot he's an option.
    I love my fast free flowing football where I'm taking shots from 30 yards out etc
    I could adapt and go for more passing/tap ins etc but my god I'd hate it..I think :D
    I am going to make some adjustments to my custom tactics to make sure I'm getting the best out of my team.
    Completely understand that logic, but surely getting battered and barely making silver 3 from 40 games isn't an enjoyable experience? With the coins being discussed the team should carry you to atleast a silver finish.

I'm using 4312, but I'm a super high pressing player and use my midfield to win the ball back.

Any time I try adjusting to a more meta game style, I just get more bored and frustrated. What Blazer said....

"I love my fast free flowing football where I'm taking shots from 30 yards out etc
    I could adapt and go for more passing/tap ins etc but my god I'd hate it..I think :D"

...is exactly how I feel. I love my wing play, just bombing balls down, and can't be arsed with the tika taka stuff. I'd rather play the way I do, enjoy it, and lose than switch to a style I hate and get bored. Especially since I never see much of an upturn in results anyway. I have tried different formations, styles, etc, and the results stay the same.

I have my level, and it is what it is.

For what its worth, when I mention my results and stuff, its not moaning in the "Oh my god, this game sux" or stuff. I feel the last two weeks, I've realised its just a game, I'll play the style I enjoy and screw the results. :P

^^ exactly..I want to enjoy my games of fifa...when it starts being a grindfest and takes all the enjoyment of it out that's when I'll pack it in.
    Same goes for fps games..some games I like sniping..other times I go completely gung ho not giving a crap about kdr etc..
    I've done all that grinding stuff in my youth and can't be bothered anymore doing it :D

So followed a YouTube video on setting up the custom tactics for 4-4-1-1 but used it for 4-4-2 with Firminho and Del Piero up front. Both games I played my opponents scored first and dabbed of all things.
    There’s nothing like dabbing to some gimp after that especially when you score 9 goals against him. And 7 goals for my second opponent :)
    Del Piero has 7 goals in 2 for me. Absolutely lethal.
    Let’s hope it continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

So followed a YouTube video on setting up the custom tactics for 4-4-1-1 but used it for 4-4-2 with Firminho and Del Piero up front. Both games I played my opponents scored first and dabbed of all things.
    There’s nothing like dabbing to some gimp after that especially when you score 9 goals against him. And 7 goals for my second opponent :)
    Del Piero has 7 goals in 2 for me. Absolutely lethal.
    Let’s hope it continues.

You got a link to the video?

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    You got a link to the video?

Sure :)
    Next game I played was a 1-1 draw but this guy has a lot better team.
    Overmars hit the bar about 5 times, in fact I’ve never seen a player hit the bar so many times in a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

4-2-3-1 (2)

I like 30 yard shots too :pac: Stick Anderson Talisca SIF in as a CAM and youll score plenty with ease!He's an absolute beast.
    jayo26 wrote: »
    Nah few of us are Xbox and one or two on pc

Good, I thought I was the odd one out. Xbox went down for a few hours yesterday so was wondering...

I like 30 yard shots too :pac: Stick Anderson Talisca SIF in as a CAM and youll score plenty with ease!He's an absolute beast.

God, yes. I used him as a CM a few weeks back and he was utterly amazing.

Which reminds me, maybe I should buy back Neymar now his price has dropped a bit :D

On a similar note, I've been so disappointed in Shearer. He was brilliant when I bought his prime card, but when i switched to the SBC one, he's playing so much worse :/

Like, it's not a massive deal cause I'll put him into one of the other SBC Icons but I dont understand how the two cards can play so differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    On a similar note, I've been so disappointed in Shearer. He was brilliant when I bought his prime card, but when i switched to the SBC one, he's playing so much worse :/

Like, it's not a massive deal cause I'll put him into one of the other SBC Icons but I dont understand how the two cards can play so differently.

Was there any difference in chemistry cards on them mate?

jayo26 wrote: »
    Was there any difference in chemistry cards on them mate?

Nope. Engine on both. Identical team around them, no change in tactics, same instructions and all.

But the SBC one scores a goal every four or five games, where as the other one had a goal or two a game :/

Sold up my bigger cards that I could, 625k available now to build around my untradables. Not sure where to put it. Tempted by the Italian league, I guess. Not massively sold on them though. Have my three Icons in Costa, Overmars and Schmichael, with loads of others to play round with (Salah, Cavani, Pirlo, Shearer, Fabinho). Would love to try something different but I think I've done the Portuguese and Dutch leagues to death now. Plus my coin total is a bombsite. Going to start flipping some consumables again to build it up a bit again.

Man, I just saw SIF Marlos. It's a shame about his country and league cause his stats look awesome.

86 Milinkovic-Savic looks ****ing tasty actually.

You're wasting too much of your coins on one player, when to be honest your defence is a fecking shambles for having so many coins. I know you're going to say it doesn't matter who I have there, blah blah blah, but it does. Get Manila's and SIF benatia. One of the most solid backs lines you can have.

You're wasting too much of your coins on one player, when to be honest your defence is a fecking shambles for having so many coins. I know you're going to say it doesn't matter who I have there, blah blah blah, but it does. Get Manila's and SIF benatia. One of the most solid backs lines you can have.

I can get 86 SMS for 220k. That leaves me 432k to spend still.

So I'll grab Manolas and SIF Benatia as well, to try them. Presumably Sandra for the LB position. RB is always a horrid thing to work out for the Itlian leagues though, so trying to figure out a hybrid solution there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Florenzi is really solid at RB. One of my favourites this year.

Florenzi is really solid at RB. One of my favourites this year.

Yeah, I worry it's me being spoilt wanting coloured cards all over the place :P

Anyone any experience with Batsuyai? Noticed I can hybrid in his 86 card fairly easily, and he looks strong AND fast.

• Advertisement

lol you're at bad as me...."look at all the pretty colours" I be saying :D

I have batshuyi and honestly, I wouldn't bother. He's fine and all, but definitely better strikers available. Mertens is an absolute tank for 20k. If you can afford any of his IFs, go for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Yeah florenzi is more then capable.

Well, changing teams got me a win anyway. Martens with two goals and an assist in his debut. Also using Blazers tactics.

Still let in three goals though but he had a few red players so I'll forgive myself there :P

Check out the chems you have on players too.
    I used futhead to preview their stats with each chem and assigned them the best ones for their positions.
    Del Piero on hawk is now a beast with 14 goals in 9 games and Firminho is also banging them in.
    Since Rose and Walker are now instructed to stay back both of them have backbone to give them the highest marking/tackling possible etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Anyone else playing the broken right wing?

https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/4084492

this team changing into a 4-1-2-1-2(2) is so solid and is really well balanced for the price of Prime Del Piero

https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/4084593

Up to 13 goals conceded in four games now with those two in central defence :pac: and yes, that's quitting out some games where I'm conceding two or three goals inside 60 seconds.

Reality is, people are murdering me cause they are way better than me. I'm getting outclassed, and until I learn how to stop players running through my back lines, it doesn't matter who I put in there really.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Galway_2016

Thinking about doing my first icon SBC and looking for guidance. Looking at Deco or Rui Costa...are they worth the 500k odd coins? And which would ye recommend doing?

Thinking about doing my first icon SBC and looking for guidance. Looking at Deco or Rui Costa...are they worth the 500k odd coins? And which would ye recommend doing?

Costa is miles better than Deco.
    Also if you don't have any decent strikers how about Larsson?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Galway_2016

Costa is miles better than Deco.
    Also if you don't have any decent strikers how about Larsson?

I just got IF Jesus into my team this morning and he's gone well so far so want to stick with him for a while. I've come up against Larsson a few times and I've never been blown away by him so not overly keen on him. Plus it's a CAM that I'm looking for so Rui Costa should work nicely.

Advertisement