Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Blazer, you talk up Quasemera. What way have you gotten him to work? I've got him as a RM at the moment with Maestro on, and while he's certainly a visible presence, I don't find he's as dominating as I kind of need him to be.

I used hunter on him.
    To get the best out of him you need to use skills. He’s a 5* so really good at unlocking defenses. He’s not going to really outpace someone. I also found him excellent for coming in late at his post of the blue and burying a volley or header into the net.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blazer wrote: »
    I used hunter on him.
    To get the best out of him you need to use skills. He’s a 5* so really good at unlocking defenses. He’s not going to really outpace someone. I also found him excellent for coming in late at his post of the blue and burying a volley or header into the net.

Ah, well there's the problem :P

I've started subbing him out for Salah at half time, and having better results. Salah's "Run headfirst and out pace them" style suits me better :P

Ah, well there's the problem :P

I've started subbing him out for Salah at half time, and having better results. Salah's "Run headfirst and out pace them" style suits me better :P

That’s why I’m hoping for salah’s POTM to be a RW card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Fairly certain you won't need to use any IF Salah this time around. He doesn't have the same appeal that the aguero had due to his shocking weak foot.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Fairly certain you won't need to use any IF Salah this time around. He doesn't have the same appeal that the aguero had due to his shocking weak foot.

2nd POTM you’re guaranteed it will. Kane already had 2 and for his 2nd you could use his previous POTM.
    Unless for the position change but why on earth would people go for it then as probably just as cheap to get his otw card..

• Advertisement

Yeap.

Salah's OTW is hovering round 600k at the moment, so they'll want to aim a 2POTM card round the 700k mark, and forcing having a special Salah card helps that. They will 100% give people the chance to upgrade the card, especially since if they don't, then people will have two POTM Salah cards, and one would be useless anyway.

Qualified for the Weekend League without too much hassle. Hernandez is so, so much better than Shearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Id still be surprised if it included a special card, we'll wait and see.

If only someone had told you that Hernandez was better;)

FIFA is purely about meta players, it's sad but it's the way the game is.

17 gold upgrade packs

Varane, Willian, a tonne of 82s, and an IF from the Belgian leagues.

Going to put a batch of the 82s into the Maradonna loan card for this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

17 gold upgrade packs

Varane, Willian, a tonne of 82s, and an IF from the Belgian leagues.

Going to put a batch of the 82s into the Maradonna loan card for this weekend.

Yeah I used maradona over the weekend loved him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Is psn down again??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Ok, so this isn't as much a Fifa question as it is a Playstation one but maybe someone could shed some light on my problem.
    I'm living in a hotel in Limerick Sunday to Friday until at least July. Soooo obviously I need my Fifa fix. So the wifi is the type where you input your room number and email and it grants you access. So the next week I tried to get online it would not allow me access. Any idea how to wipe a memory on this or how to forget a wifi so I can re-input my details again.
    Im starting to lose my mind without playing a few games.

14murphy wrote: »
    Ok, so this isn't as much a Fifa question as it is a Playstation one but maybe someone could shed some light on my problem.
    I'm living in a hotel in Limerick Sunday to Friday until at least July. Soooo obviously I need my Fifa fix. So the wifi is the type where you input your room number and email and it grants you access. So the next week I tried to get online it would not allow me access. Any idea how to wipe a memory on this or how to forget a wifi so I can re-input my details again.
    Im starting to lose my mind without playing a few games.

I don't know solution to the hotel Wi-Fi but if it's an option your phone would be just as good. Playing online doesn't use a big amount of data.

Bought 86 Talisca and brought in Luis Felipe and Fernandinho to give him full chemistry on 4-2-2-2 and he’s unreal. His long shots are absolutely ridiculous op.
    His debut scored 2 goals from 30 yard out and he would have had a hat trick from a peno except the guy rage quit. I was very pissed off.
    He’s very strong and easily shrugs off players and he’s basically 99 free kicks
    On the plus side I’m starting to get the hang of ADP and playing to his strengths.

Going to give 88 Maldini a try as a 7 chem CB after reading up lots of positive reviews. Does mean I can play anyone I want in LB though, since they'll be covered by two icons.

So, Sandroa, SIF Telles, IF Fabra (Who looks amazing for the price), Alaba (who looks amazing too) or someone else? Have about 60k to play with.

Going to give 88 Maldini a try as a 7 chem CB after reading up lots of positive reviews. Does mean I can play anyone I want in LB though, since they'll be covered by two icons.

So, Sandroa, SIF Telles, IF Fabra (Who looks amazing for the price), Alaba (who looks amazing too) or someone else? Have about 60k to play with.

I found SIF Telles too lightweight , gonna stick with Luis Felipe (86)
    Alaba is amazing, I’d have him in a heartbeat if I could fit him in

I found SIF Telles too lightweight , gonna stick with Luis Felipe (86)
    Alaba is amazing, I’d have him in a heartbeat if I could fit him in

Will try Alaba out then :)

Been messing around with 5212 changing to it halfway through games for ages now so decided to build a proper team around it.

20180307_185647.jpg

Looking forward to giving alves a go his crossing looks lethal and with lukaku to aim at it has to be good.

was Alves an untradeable?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Lads not sure how to post teams, looking for advice currently playing 442 diamond with lm and rm, it's always been my favourite formation on fifa. So looking on what areas to improve at the moment my team is lloris, airier, vertonghen if, alderweld,, futmas rose, rikjard, Salah otw, Erickson, overmars and harzard as Lf with agguero, icons and agguero untradable

seamie78 wrote: »
    Lads not sure how to post teams, looking for advice currently playing 442 diamond with lm and rm, it's always been my favourite formation on fifa. So looking on what areas to improve at the moment my team is lloris, airier, vertonghen if, alderweld,, futmas rose, rikjard, Salah otw, Erickson, overmars and harzard as Lf with agguero, icons and agguero untradable

Apart from right back and goalie there's not much else you can improve without spending millions on Gullit/Petit etc.
    I suggest Courtois instead of Lloris and Walker instead of Aurier.
    You could always cash in on Salah?

• Advertisement

was Alves an untradeable?

No I bought him I decided to splash out because with the wing backs they always get up and down the pitch really easy and he has excellent stamina and crossing I'm gonna try get nesta for the left side.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Blazer wrote:
    Apart from right back and goalie there's not much else you can improve without spending millions on Gullit/Petit etc. I suggest Courtois instead of Lloris and Walker instead of Aurier. You could always cash in on Salah?

Interesting was thinking an if de gea, Walker probably a good call as a Spurs have been hesitant to welcome him back into the fold, am always tempted to sell Salah but he keeps going up in ratings and value

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

jayo26 wrote: »
    Been messing around with 5212 changing to it halfway through games for ages now so decided to build a proper team around it.

https://s14.postimg.org/fpixupbpd/20180307_185647.jpg

Looking forward to giving alves a go his crossing looks lethal and with lukaku to aim at it has to be good.

HOLY SHIET! Talisca has a MOTM card :eek: Ive his SIF and he's the best player Ive ever owned. He's the reason I started building a Brazilian squad and even stick him on to save me if Im losing a game with a my La Liga squad.

Sold my Ederson OTW for 107k after buying him for 85k thinking I did great. Watched his price for a few days and he was getting up to 95k normally and then going bak down so I was planning to buy him back :(

HOLY SHIET! Talisca has a MOTM card :eek: Ive his SIF and he's the best player Ive ever owned. He's the reason I started building a Brazilian squad and even stick him on to save me if Im losing a game with a my La Liga squad.

Where do you play him? His stats look like he could be a decent midfielder beside someone strong but he might be an even better cam but he won't get full chem off lukaku for me.

Where do you play him? His stats look like he could be a decent midfielder beside someone strong but he might be an even better cam but he won't get full chem off lukaku for me.

I know it’s direct at the other guy but CAM. You have got to play him at cam.

I know it’s direct at the other guy but CAM. You have got to play him at cam.

But I have firminho is cam haha.

But I have firminho is cam haha.

So 2 cams :)

So 2 cams :)

I really enjoyed the 5212 the weekend using it I'll see how it goes I could easily go 4222 mid game if need be.

• Advertisement

I have him as a CAM, perfect CAM....great passing and shooting. I use 4-2-3-1 so prefer my CDMs as actual defensive midfielders.

Ill probably hold off on buying him as its 100k for +2 on his stats so my money is more useful on upgrading my la Liga squad. Some day Ill have him :D

Advertisement