Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ooooh, MOTM Talisca. Time to give him a whirl. Gonna build a brazilian/Ligue One team.

Blazer wrote: »
    Its one of the reasons I did a lot of them this year..most years I end up changing my team so much I end up paying most of it in ea tax throughout the year.

Yeah, I'm back trading position change cards just to fight that bloody tax :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I managed to win the dkt on my second attempt with a nervy 2-1 final.

I got the 'user has added you to one of their groups' notification instantly after and was expecting the usual barrage of hate but the guy just complained about the servers.

If that was a weekend league match I'd probably get a message akin to the unabomber's manifesto :pac: It's almost like the format of wl makes people more toxic than they would be normally :p

I'm also shocked that in the 7 dkt games I played I didn't see one attribute boost card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Paddy's day itself is when they are going to do it if at all :D

Oh Jesus I assumed it was a guarantee to be happening. I wonder should I sell now while prices are still high rather than waiting if it doesn't happen and prices plummet?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

they say you should always sell on the hype

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Redo91 wrote: »
    Oh Jesus I assumed it was a guarantee to be happening. I wonder should I sell now while prices are still high rather than waiting if it doesn't happen and prices plummet?

Well im holding out just to get one special card if there is an SBC then ill throw everything else up for sale :D

Messing round with this today.

ydRxBwb.jpg

4 games played. 3 wins, 1 loss (to a super team with Messi, Ronaldo, et al). In the three wins, I scored 13 goals, so having fun.

Talsica is an army tank. Having the full backs set to overlap so they are bombing up and down the wings, whipping in passes for the two forwards. Anything that gets cleared, the CAMs are on the edge of the box ready to try some rockets. The two CDMs are set to stay back, so Fabino clears everything up, and Veratti launches counter attacks with his passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I’m an absolute fairy

Came in drunk last night and played fifa. I’ve been told I was doing absolutely ****e and after the game decided to list up every player on open bid which lost me a few coins

But I also quick sold my sbc Shearer in rage too, the lads in the house were too busy laughing their holes off at me to stop me doing it apparently

I’m a fairy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Rossieman will probably tell you its for the best if you quick sold prime Shearer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

it ****ing is, you've been saved from his awfulness. Get Big Andy, he's the exact same as Shearer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

He was good for me and my style, ill prob just build a totally new team with the 1.2m left and put 87 Crespo or 86 Shevchenko up top instead, they’ll be able to do everything Shearer could and then some if their stats translate into game

I hope Ben Yedder gets a motm card because his totgs was one I always wanted to try but never got around to getting him.

Also Paul Pogba's upgrade makes less sense the more he plays. If anything they should make him a silver and give mctominay the 89 :pac:

Gyan84 wrote: »
    I hope Ben Yedder gets a motm card because his totgs was one I always wanted to try but never got around to getting him.

Also Paul Pogba's upgrade makes less sense the more he plays. If anything they should make him a silver and give mctominay the 89 :pac:

then you'll love this :)

https://socceronsunday.com/article/scott-mctominay-handed-pogbas-number-6-jersey/

It took me way too long to realise that wasn't real.:pac: I blame the headline to the side that wenger got a new contract after the cup final which would be like aresnal.

A new update came out on pc today which fixed the players' numbers randomly changing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Won the lukaku card so did another upgrade had all the players so didn't cost me anything and got ptg sterling. Not bad for free.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Won the lukaku card so did another upgrade had all the players so didn't cost me anything and got ptg sterling. Not bad for free.

Starting to switch to a Brazilian side. I just need otw Ederson, Thiago Silva and Alves.
    Bought ptg Giuliano as well...looks pretty tasty and he’s definitely going to get another if the way he’s playing .

08_BFA6_F5-38_D9-4_BE9-9249-3_EEC3441884_E.png[IMG][/img]

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

So I tried to qualify last night, loaded up Fifa and done a squad battle to warm up and grab some of the dailys. So I jump into the first qualifier:

20 mins in and I go 1-up
    35th min im now 2-0 to the good
    36th min he scored a kick off goal :(
    39th min pressure in his box is unreal and he turns one into his own net to make it 3-1.
    2nd half kicks off - Totally different play style so must be someone else playing now.
    85th min he scored one by just dancing around every player on the pitch and bundling it into the net
    86th min he again dances around all my players and pops it into the net :(
    89th min an unlucky bobble sees him running clean through on goal and scores to go 4-3 up. I nearly smashed the tv up.
    91st min Muriel dances into the box and is about to unleash a shot when he is taken down from behind. PENOOOOOOOO.... Gamerio converts to make it 4-4

We brought it to extra time, it went to the wire and he scored with the actual last kick of the game. I was raging and disheartened so didnt try anymore :(

I'm really struggling to qualify. The prize of the Lukaku card seems to have brought a lot of people who'd usually be auto-qualifed back into the tourneys. Only getting time to play a few games a day as well so just can get in. Gotten to the finals thrice, only to lose.

Starting to switch to a Brazilian side. I just need otw Ederson, Thiago Silva and Alves.
    Bought ptg Giuliano as well...looks pretty tasty and he’s definitely going to get another if the way he’s playing .

]

I'm rocking this at the moment have lost a good few coins over past month due to poor investments and sbcs but have some decent ptg players on the bench that are untradeables.

20180314_094007.jpg

Henry hasn't been all that for me bit disappointed but might try move to 4312 and play him as a striker with my otw lukaku or Jesus.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player hit the wood as many as times as Overmars. From now on it’s all ground shots for him.

• Advertisement

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player hit the wood as many as times as Overmars. From now on it’s all ground shots for him.

I'm in love with him for his ability to score rebounds. He always seems to be ready to tidy up loose balls.

On a similar note, Prime Hernandez for me has scored a load of AI assisted rebounds too recently....

Lads is the new dkt out today? I might try that too for another one or two and attempts.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Is it the Calcio A LB Lukaku up for grabs for winning the DKT ? Are his stats boosted ?

I think vela is the prize for the dkt today which would explain the better quality of opponents since he'll be more desirable for the ptg sbcs since he's higher rated.

Did the PTG SBC again for nothing with cards in club.

Traded Hazard for.....Hazard. Brilliant :/

I’m going to use Marital and give it one more shot. Hoping for Brazilian player. Better not be that LB prick.

I've given ptg willian a few games as a sub and I don't really like him.

Maybe I'm expecting too much because he comes on for otw mbappe but so far I'd prefer non in form son.

I’m going to use Marital and give it one more shot. Hoping for Brazilian player. Better not be that LB prick.

Sigh Giroud..and then Martial again.
    Will cut my losses :)

Got to the semi final and went one nil up. He scores by mashing the shoot button while his back is turned to goal. I score again, I notice I'm starting to lose the ball and then his ai bakayoko slide tackle intercepts 2 of my passes and then assists alessandrini for his second goal which is also his second shot.

Into extra time and I combine the few skills I know and destroy him for 3-2. 120th minute I hit pass and the ball goes in the opposite direction to his alessandrini who scores with his 3rd shot of the 120 minute match.

He wins 5-4 after 10 penalties. I check the match facts after - 17 shots on target to 3. I can't even :mad::(:rolleyes:

Is anybody good at penalties ? The head movement is such a giveaway and people are copping on to looking one way and shooting the other etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

SBC Son apparently coming on this week for the League SBCs...might be the first one that I ever complete.

Advertisement