Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads I've been addicted to FIFA online seasons for the past four years and I want to try FUT this year. Is it the same as seasons except you build your own team? Also is it very grindy?

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭thegame983

Lads quick question.

I want to get Hamsik for my team. he costs 55k

Do i buy today or will he be cheaper/ more expensive tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Lads I've been addicted to FIFA online seasons for the past four years and I want to try FUT this year. Is it the same as seasons except you build your own team? Also is it very grindy?

Similar format, you build your own team etc and play in leagues/cups. Have to manager fitness injuries etc too.

Game itself is faster and more arcadey. Would be less tactical than season. Its grindy enough at the top level but you can put in as much time as you want. If you are smart about it you can build a fairly good team without spending real money.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If you want, a Ronaldo, Messi, etc, you can either trade, which takes a lot of time, or drop a lot (LOT) of cash.

You get back what you put in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If you want, a Ronaldo, Messi, etc, you can either trade, which takes a lot of time, or drop a lot (LOT) of cash.

You get back what you put in.

Imagine the amount of cash you would need to put in to get Messi or Ronaldo bahhh I'd rather trade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Antonio with West Ham is a bit of a beast,19 goals/13 assists in 21 games!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Got onto EA support about missing content from Icon edition, received content two hours later.

I did the Gamestop trade in so got the Ronaldo edition.

Packed my first ever TOTW with it but he's only some Argie lemon.

Might hold him incase there's some SBC which needs an IF.

I'm making a killing on basic Prem players.

I was trying the 400 BIN two days ago and you'd never snag one in countless attempts. Be lucky to get 2 after 50 refreshes.

Just said yest id check the normal auction at 400.

You'll get 10 odd in no time. I'm only targeting certain players 77-80s. Some might need a 450-550 bid but I'm selling at a min of 600BIN so turning profit from 200-350 per card.

It's not going to last forever and there's too many cards to buy so get on it fast. Little risk too buying at 400-500 as discard alone is nearly 350 and you're avoiding the lower end gold which will always fetch outlay.

I'm only doing training in work so sat on the app for long periods.
    Have a balance of 50k now and 100 cards selling with an average Seria A team and decent prem minus one striker which I'll spend big on.

I'm going to do it another day in work tomorrow and hopefully get through another few 100.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, bidding is the way o go.

I had a card I was buying for 400 and selling for 800

Realised that if I mass bid, I can get them at 150-200, so making way more now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Anyone know can sniping get you a permanent ban? Just got locked out of the marketplace :o

• Advertisement

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Anyone know can sniping get you a permanent ban? Just got locked out of the marketplace :o

No they won't ban you permanently but probably 24 hours or so unless your really taking the piss haha.

They gave me two 12 hour bans from placing adds on market place already I just turned on my vpn and it worked again they only block your ip I think.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah, bidding is the way o go.

I had a card I was buying for 400 and selling for 800

Realised that if I mass bid, I can get them at 150-200, so making way more now :)

similar to poster below you this will get a ban if you do it too often but it's something I use as well when sniping is slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

jayo26 wrote: »
    No they won't ban you permanently but probably 24 hours or so unless your really taking the piss haha.

They gave me two 12 hour bans from placing adds on market place already I just turned on my vpn and it worked again they only block your ip I think.

Haha grand, unblocked there anyway might leave it for a bit though just in case :P. It's actually pretty fun hadn't really tried it before

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Haha grand, unblocked there anyway might leave it for a bit though just in case :P. It's actually pretty fun hadn't really tried it before

Yeh it is a great way to trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

I see the points required to hit elite one in squad battles goes up daily.

Anyone know how to change to standard kick off? As in two players kicking off

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

martyos121 wrote: »
    Finally finished off the Hybrid Leagues SBC, now the dilemma of either holding onto the Mega Pack and Rare Mega Pack until the OTW cards come out, or just tear into them now. I know which option is smarter, but I'm not sure I can resist. :o

So of course I couldn't resist, decided to open just one of them, and I get my first walkout of the year, Thiago Silva. Also got Valencia in the same pack. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Liamalone wrote: »

It is annoying, but didn't think this could be changed. Didn't even try tbh.

I first seen it in PES demo and thought it was stupid, then started Fifa and see the same :mad:

Liamalone wrote: »

Call a second player with the IT on Xbox or R2 on ps4

I see the points required to hit elite one in squad battles goes up daily.

It goes up as more people complete there games each day you won't ever have the exact number required until the very end of game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

This is getting pretty annoying now. In my last 7 games, the oppositions has one or both Ronaldo's. With defending as it is, it's literally impossible to track movement of the best players.

Looks like the level is going down a bit.

Just won 7:1 in a weekend league qualifier. This is not normal to me. I am normally at the other end :)

v3ttel wrote: »
    This is getting pretty annoying now. In my last 7 games, the oppositions has one or both Ronaldo's. With defending as it is, it's literally impossible to track movement of the best players.

On loans or the real ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

wonski wrote: »
    On loans or the real ones?

3 were in the draft, then 4 were in the squad battles. I might just have been horrendously unlucky in the 4 teams I came up against in squad battles.... clearly lads that have put a grand or more into the packs....

I have a feeling they'll have to patch defending so the players are more responsive. Also, seems like physicality of strikers is going to be really important. I'm using Rodrigo and Rashford but they tend to get bullied a lot.

I'm up to 100K now with two half arsed teams. Not sure what I want to build around.

Don't like it, keep getting beat, don't like it lol

v3ttel wrote: »
    3 were in the draft, then 4 were in the squad battles. I might just have been horrendously unlucky in the 4 teams I came up against in squad battles.... clearly lads that have put a grand or more into the packs....

I have a feeling they'll have to patch defending so the players are more responsive. Also, seems like physicality of strikers is going to be really important. I'm using Rodrigo and Rashford but they tend to get bullied a lot.

I'm up to 100K now with two half arsed teams. Not sure what I want to build around.

Unlucky I guess. The variety of players will change rapidly over the weekend and there will be lot of poor teams who will think the same of you or me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

finally got web app access, have to say the game hasn't really grabbed me this year so far, cant put my finger on it but im really not bothered like other years

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

have 96 Ronaldo on loan and he's unbelievable. Played a guy the other night who had either bought or picked the 90 version and he make crap of me..lucky git.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Eoghan.

seamie78 wrote: »
    finally got web app access, have to say the game hasn't really grabbed me this year so far, cant put my finger on it but im really not bothered like other years

How many games you play to get access. Still waiting on access

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Eoghan.

Eoghan. wrote: »
    How many games you play to get access. Still waiting on access

Just checked now and I have access. Must have unblocked a few accounts last night

Advertisement