Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

No mine is grand.

I'm into the final of the dkt on my fifth attempt. I won the first two matches 4-0 and 7-0 but the last match ended 4-3.

He scored the third in the 80th minute but I learned my lesson from the last 4 attempts and just kept the ball in the corner instead of trying to play and get punished for it.

Managed to win the final despite ending up with 10 men.

Threw vela into the sbc and out comes firmino :D

I can sell my 87 in form now which should get me a good bit.

I'll probably put the coins back into the sbc in the hope of getting savic. Or I could just buy his 86 but that's not as fun :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

And the pack luck continues....after packing Ibra and Bailly earlier on, I did about 4-5 PTG SBCs and came out with Sterling...not that bad!

Threw lukaku into the sbc and got willian again so I'll have to submit him. I hope they add some form of trading for untradeables because it'd make it a lot more fun if we could giveaway cards that are usable but don't fit in our teams.

I was having a look at the fifa subreddit and apparently there's code for an sbc that guarantees a base icon. That'd be interesting but probably really expensive so everyone doesn't go mad doing prime icons.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just noticed next week has a "Silvers Only" criteria for the DKT

Those half dozen red silvers and the untradeable MOTM card I have about to come in VERY handy :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Just noticed next week has a "Silvers Only" criteria for the DKT

Those half dozen red silvers and the untradeable MOTM card I have about to come in VERY handy :P

Yay, I prefer the silver dkt's, usually handy enough to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Just unlocked Vela from the DKT. Did one, ****ing platenhert. Wasn't happy with that so did one more untradable. Serbian flag, ****ing milinkovic savic

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I got greedy and bought some coins from a coin seller to buy a few more players. Got a first warning and then stupidly did it again where they deleted my club and all my players.
    And you know what? I'm actually not bothered about it. there's actually a sense of relief over not having to grind on a daily basis for fifa.
    I've asked them to ban my account indefinitely from Fifa online which hopefully they will do and at least it saves me the bones of a couple of at least 600+ euro every year.
    Best of luck everyone. I don't think I'll be back but then again fifa19 is only around the corner :)

:(

My own fault completely. I knew the risks and even with a first warning still went ahead knowing I was asking for trouble :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

FFS I buy SUarez and Neymar and a few days later their price dropped and I lose 70K

FFS I buy SUarez and Neymar and a few days later their price dropped and I lose 70K

never buy players over the weekend. prices go up Thursday through sunday.

as for the guy buying coins, why the hell would you do it again after being caught? what a waste of your squad :O

Blazer wrote: »
    I got greedy and bought some coins from a coin seller to buy a few more players. Got a first warning and then stupidly did it again where they deleted my club and all my players.
    And you know what? I'm actually not bothered about it. there's actually a sense of relief over not having to grind on a daily basis for fifa.
    I've asked them to ban my account indefinitely from Fifa online which hopefully they will do and at least it saves me the bones of a couple of at least 600+ euro every year.
    Best of luck everyone. I don't think I'll be back but then again fifa19 is only around the corner :)

I was thinking similarly regarding myself recently. I don't spend money on the game but I'm starting to wonder if I'm playing weekend league because I enjoy it or if it's just for the rewards so I can get that next card so I won't be left behind similar to how you hear about people who got addicted to wow through the fear of missing out on a raid.

I hope you can come back in a while although I'd understand giving it up for good since it seems to be going in the direction of manipulating people to buy packs whether it be through promos,special cards or even retweeting all the 'Omg I packed prime maradonna in a bronze pack' posts.

Anyway, I traded in my duplicate willian and got a duplicate firmino :o

RossieMan wrote: »

as for the guy buying coins, why the hell would you do it again after being caught? what a waste of your squad :O

I know but you know what... I’ve been playing fifa since it originally launched back in the nineties. It’s always been great fun until ut launched and it just turned into a grindfest. That extra 2 hours a day I can put towards my guitar playing (badly needed :) or playing with the kids etc. it’s like turning off Facebook etc...a relief to step away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I was keeping an eye on them for the week while saving for them and I thought I got them at a good price

Gyan84 wrote: »

Anyway, I traded in my duplicate willian and got a duplicate firmino :o

that sucks..getting duplicate cards sucks especially when they're IF or tots cards etc. I got so many Tolisso and Falcao tots cards last season and all worthless.

I was thinking similarly regarding myself recently. I don't spend money on the game but I'm starting to wonder if I'm playing weekend league because I enjoy it or if it's just for the rewards so I can get that next card so I won't be left behind similar to how you hear about people who got addicted to wow through the fear of missing out on a raid.
    o

From your posts over the last few weeks it’s obvious you’re not enjoying it one bit. You should try a weekend without and see if it’s worthwhile.

Yeah it's probably just this week with the dkt because I normally don't play during the week.

The market has dropped like crazy today. I insta-sold my firmino for 175k last night and now he's around 150k.

FUT birthday at the end of the month, everyones trying to get their coins together.

Getting a new laptop next week and wondering if I should look at starting from scratch but utterly ignoring trading. Seeing what I can do purely from pack rewards, coins earned through playing, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Getting a new laptop next week and wondering if I should look at starting from scratch but utterly ignoring trading. Seeing what I can do purely from pack rewards, coins earned through playing, etc.

Not much I would say...

You can build a decent team, though. Regular cards like Jesus (pet hate of mine), Son etc are cheap at this stage of the season. Fifa is almost over for most.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

FUT birthday at the end of the month, everyones trying to get their coins together.

I don't :)

Just another excuse to release packs imo.

I rather keep my team than sell it to get ready for birthday packs or whatever. There will be St Patrick's, Easter, Birthday etc.

Ironically it keeps the prices up, which I like.

Jesus a load of new sbcs.

I like the look of Crespo. No icon or 87 squad needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Costs about 200k to get an untraceable base icon great for anyone that wants to do the better icon sbcs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

First time qualifying for the weekend league
    0-40 awaits me

Pricing Crespo low and the other sbcs seems like a move by EA to get rid of a lot of coins off the market.

They're probably doing it because there's only zanetti,ronaldo,pele,gullit and maldini left so maybe they'll release them all next week.

Apparently now if you press the ps button during a wl or dkt match you forfeit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

The dkt standard has gotten so much tougher,i don't think I'm gonna qualify tbh,some of the teams are crazy good,im down to 5 goes now,dont think id get to play much over the wkend anyway but still

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Pricing Crespo low and the other sbcs seems like a move by EA to get rid of a lot of coins off the market.

They're probably doing it because there's only zanetti,ronaldo,pele,gullit and maldini left so maybe they'll release them all next week.

Apparently now if you press the ps button during a wl or dkt match you forfeit.

I played a guy with a team of icons the other night and he had Pele, it was an amazing team but I couldn't screenshot it because of that awful rule they have now that you can't press the guide button or else you forfeit the game. Jeez I hate that rule! What is the logic behind it does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

shamrock55 wrote: »
    The dkt standard has gotten so much tougher,i don't think I'm gonna qualify tbh,some of the teams are crazy good,im down to 5 goes now,dont think id get to play much over the wkend anyway but still

That's just because of the ptg cards as a prize it took me 5 attempts to win the second one.

Did another sbc and got ptg gundogan I have been extremely lucky I've done four and got goretska and sterling and gundogan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,086 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Liamalone wrote: »
    I played a guy with a team of icons the other night and he had Pele, it was an amazing team but I couldn't screenshot it because of that awful rule they have now that you can't press the guide button or else you forfeit the game. Jeez I hate that rule! What is the logic behind it does anyone know?

I think it's to combat people trying to do the no loss glitch.

Nepenthez has a video on it.

Advertisement