Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Looked at Rooney's stats there properly.

With Maestro on, he's a 91 rated CM, with 95 shooting, 94 passing and 90 dribbling. He's going to be ridiculously fun.

Thats just in CM too. You can get a better rating in ST and Cam positions (but I'm kind of full up there).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

How did you manage to get 80k in a day with prices on the floor? Buy more Coins?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

RossieMan wrote: »
    How did you manage to get 80k in a day with prices on the floor? Buy more Coins?

You always this cynical? Trading is still possible

When someone's been called out as a "cheat", yea I am. Some of us here grind and grind to get our teams. It's sad that it's such a pay to win game.

I have no problem with people buying coins, and I see why they do it.

If it was trading, I'd love to have some of the players you used to get 80k plus in a single day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

nah if I buy more coins its a ban for me from fifa for life...at this stage that wouldn't bother me.
    I'd probably be better off moneywise.
    Bought a few packs and got Iniesta in one and a few 84s in another.
    That was enough to get me up and running. Then a few hours at work trading consumables etc.
    Merten's for instance is going from 23k to 29k this very morning. I could keep going but cashed out a bit to have a nice serie A which hopefully will keep me going till tots.

Oh..and buying coins is not cheating. Same as buying fifa coins to buy packs is not cheating.
    But agree with you that is a pay to win game.
    I really wish it was like when it launched where you had to do start from scratch with a bronze team and work your way up. But its EA..they saw the money and its hard to blame them.
    FUT is a $500 million industry to them a year. Crazy crazy money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

You can still make massive money on consumables I was trading past two days to make back some.of what I've lost and they are still selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Looked at Rooney's stats there properly.

With Maestro on, he's a 91 rated CM, with 95 shooting, 94 passing and 90 dribbling. He's going to be ridiculously fun.

Thats just in CM too. You can get a better rating in ST and Cam positions (but I'm kind of full up there).

Yeah he's a crazy card especially for around 30k.

I need a cm but I'll probably still do toure for the green link to aurier.

I've tried Crespo's loan for a few matches in wl and he seems fun.

jayo26 wrote: »
    You can still make massive money on consumables I was trading past two days to make back some.of what I've lost and they are still selling.

that's my plan for the weekends. I work 3x12 at weekends so gives me plenty of time to do trading. So keep the team I have and trade upto tots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

I need that Florenzi CM card. How would I find that?

Doyler92 wrote: »
    I need that Florenzi CM card. How would I find that?

Looks like it's extinct at the moment :(

• Advertisement

Yea it'll stay that way until EA put up his bin price. He'll be 500k + until a few weeks.

Interesting in the consumables, must give it a try. Players is a minefield I find.

I make 15k a day just lazily relisting position cards a few times a day. If I was setting timers, I'd probably make more tbh. It's really not THAT hard to churn through cards at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Got 4 of the 5 completed, just cant seem to score off the bar.

Did the Rooney one, must say im enjoying using him so far, only 4 games played with him.

Am I the only one who thinks they'll release an sbc for the green players ?

I'd like to have them just to put them into a an irish squad with 82 maguire

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I like that they do something for Paddy's Day but rather than giving us bad Irish players to trade in for other good cards it'd be nice if they did an SBC for a high-rated Irish player, an 86 Coleman or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Should I be selling my remaining Irish players at this stage? Sold about 4 of them earlier today all for 1k plus but have another 10 or so left. Problem is I won't be back on until tomorrow so might be too late to sell then.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Salah guaranteed totw I Luv his otw

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

His TOTS is gonna be like a 98 at this stage.

I feel like I just played the ai in wl. All the guy did was short little passes and sure enough after enough of them my defence would just open.

I try to do the same and I instantly lose the ball.The players he doesn't control just seem to play like legendary level squad battles. It happens throughout the match but it ends 2-2 and into penalties.

3-0 on penalties to him. He hits it down the middle 3 times and I leave my keeper in the middle 3 times but still no save :mad:

On the bright side prime Crespo is pretty good although he doesn't feel like he has 89 pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

seamie78 wrote: »
    Salah guaranteed totw I Luv his otw

If he is already POTM can he also get a TOTW?

He has to be the most shafted OTW player ever. (As I have his OTW)!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Scored 2 with his right foot so it might be a wf upgrade too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Scored 2 with his right foot so it might be a wf upgrade too

It's the only thing he's lacking, anything on his left is going in. Currently his right foot is literally for standing on only

Four games, four wins via Rage Quit :D Tearing up Div 3 after struggling, thanks to this team.

q6slcRQ.jpg

Hated dropping Overmars, but it was the only way to fit Bastian and the incoming Rooney cards into the same team. The idea originally was Salah was in that slot cause I had him, so I wasn't blowing coins on a player I'd have to replace soon.

It's basically rockets galore; the CAMs AND CDMs are firing off long shots all game. People seem to try and go ultra defensive, but that just leaves me loads of space for the shots.

Have to say, it's also brought Hernandez alive too; he's 8 in 4 for me now (though 4 of those goals are from corners which I seem to have got my groove back on for).

Schwi's passing is incredible. His stanima is poor but the constant rage quits means that's not a massive issue :P

Can't beat the pace up front.
    As expected it doesn't matter how slow EA make fifa at the start by midpoint pace rules again due to all their patches.
    Remember when the game launched..it was passing and dribbling that was king.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,158 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Blazer wrote: »
    Can't beat the pace up front.
    As expected it doesn't matter how slow EA make fifa at the start by midpoint pace rules again due to all their patches.
    Remember when the game launched..it was passing and dribbling that was king.

Oh thank God I'm not only one it's happened to.

Like Fifa 12 again

Every year around December they take the skill out of the game. It becomes pace whoring. Every year it's the same.

I always love it at the start when it takes skill to score and work your way up the pitch.

It's such a pity that UT exists, they don't have to focus on having a semi decent playing game as they make so much money from changing the colour of the ****ing cards in UT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

First prime icon SBC complete - Crespo! Cost me 130k to do as I had a lot of the players in my club..got 30k back from the packs, so 100k is a great price.

Just had to win a match on penalties where I had 17 shots on target and the other guy had 4. His two goals were scored by sterling and salah :rolleyes:

I must be the only person playing weekend league that didn't do the base icon sbc. Everybody seems to have 86 gullit or Roberto Carlos.

Promoted from Div 3 with a game to spare. Win it to win the title.

I'm in for an alright run of bad luck though.im mauling teams I have no right too and that's usually a precursor to a twenty game losing streak.

It's not that I've suddenly become that good. But I'm killing superteams with ease. Case and point, last game there. He quickly gets a penalty and goes one up. Young got a red card in the process so I sub off Valeri and stick Lozano in as a wing back.

I got to 6-2 before he rage quit. A man down against a far better team but everything I did, every pass, every shot, everything came off. It's hilarious when it's in my favour.

Need four more downward headers and five more games played to get Rooney. Be too afraid to put him in the team now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Futmas Carroll is your man for the downward headers...and surprisingly IF Ward-Prowse was for me too. Between the two of them, got the challenge complete :pac:

Someone talk me out of the Icon SBC...tempted to do it, but I’d have to sell a few to fund it. But very tempting.

Advertisement