Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm so tempted too. 180k for an icon.

I know my luck, I'd get one I already have. But imagine getting Pele...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I don’t have any of the base ones thankfully. That’s exactly what’s pushing me to do it....Vieira, Desailly, Matthaus, Ronaldo, Maradona, Pele :eek:

Here's who you can get btw

https://i.redd.it/kgj9plpal0m01.png

Obviously, it's more than likely gonna be one from the bottom row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I wouldn't mind either of top row

jayo26 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind either of top row

Anything but a keeper, or Overmars, Costa, Hernandez or Schemichael. :P

Going to do it. Realised I can get about 30k by selling off my rare gold contracts (I've got 100 of them, on top of the 400 non rare ones). 16k today today from getting through a season and a half of Seasons. And I'll trade heavily for a few days too.

Gotta get me that Pele or Ronaldo :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Spent the last hour trading Gary Cahill and made 150k. Haven't played much this year so thjs is my opportunity to get an icon :)

Good trading opportunities at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Promoted from Div 3 with a game to spare. Win it to win the title.

I'm in for an alright run of bad luck though.im mauling teams I have no right too and that's usually a precursor to a twenty game losing streak.

Keep winning>Promotion to a higher division>play better players>lose

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I did one and got Owen, odds of getting something good are pretty terrible, I only did it because I needed any Icon for one of the Icon SBCs anyway. There are some good lower rated ones though like Del Piero, Vieira, and Gullit.

I got hagi I don't mind that he is decent player I'll squeeze him in somewhere I'm sure.

7-1-1 and I have reached division 1 for the first time this season. Henry 90 and prime Crespo single handedly carried my team to the division 2 title. Both compliment each other very well in a 4321.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

This downward header malarkey is something else. Really struggling to get it, I’m scoring headers but they don’t seem to be counting as downward

Need one more to get the Rooney card

Who are people chosing Rooney or Yaya ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    This downward header malarkey is something else. Really struggling to get it, I’m scoring headers but they don’t seem to be counting as downward

Who are people chosing Rooney or Yaya ?[/ QUOTE]

Just play single player seasons and cross at far post for a tall striker. Easy peasy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Rooney. Got 5 matches loan Yaya and was very dissatisfied. I rather have 90 rated card, bench player in my case, or for another sbc. Yaya as a cm would fit perfectly if he was any good.

Make sure to tap the button, it won't count, even if it is technically downward if you don't.

Rooney too. But haven’t tried him out yet.

Re: the downward headers, double tap the shoot button when you’re going for it. Squad battles > beginner and you can probably get it in 2 games.

Re: the downward headers, double tap the shoot button when you’re going for it. Squad battles > beginner and you can probably get it in 2 games.

+1 Beginner mode lets you do it quickly.

I just finished Rooney. Only paid 50k (because I was lazy) for 90 rated card.

20180319_094435.jpg

Was a tense game very much end to end stuff but the Irish guys really stood out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Do as above, walk into the box and suck the keeper out and cross it. Double tap and it's an easy goal. Just have two big headers and you'll do it in 1/2 games

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

The woodwork one is driving me mad.

Squad Battles and online seasons must have scored 5 or 6 off the woodwork but do you think i can do it in the mode they want it in... not a hope :(

Squad Battles and online seasons must have scored 5 or 6 off the woodwork but do you think i can do it in the mode they want it in... not a hope :(

Ha misread your post but yeah I'm the same I don't have the patience for it so I'll grind out 9 wins for my fourth player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Finesse all the way. Even easier when you’re playing an online singles match with a guy who’s looking for 9 Irish goals. I got mine eventually as soon as Inswitched to a finesse shot and the first one hit post and went in. Upto I was even trying to walk it into the net after walking it into the post :)

Schweintieger is unreal I have to say. Great passing and long shots. Was losing a game 4-0 at half time , brought him in and he gota hat trick and an assist. Opponent was sickened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I'm so tempted too. 180k for an icon.

I know my luck, I'd get one I already have. But imagine getting Pele...

Did it twice.

Got Litmanen........twice!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Kaka end of era is out!

I have the bones of a serie A legend squad with pirlo,rijkaard,kaka,del piero and hopefully crespo soon so that'll be a fun squad to build.

yikes, 100k for him at the moment. Had been hoping for him to be a bit cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

6 days left on the Kaka SBC, only 3 left on the Birthday stuff, prices of 83s should drop once the event ends. I'll probably get him just to use him and Ronaldinho together.

6 days left on the Kaka SBC, only 3 left on the Birthday stuff, prices of 83s should drop once the event ends. I'll probably get him just to use him and Ronaldinho together.

Its the Bastian/Pirlo/Kaka combo I'm interested in :P

Its the Bastian/Pirlo/Kaka combo I'm interested in :P

You mean having to sub them all off in second half because they gassed ;)

jayo26 wrote: »
    You mean having to sub them all off in second half because they gassed ;)

Second halves? What are they? Having an absurd amount of rage quit by half time the last few days :P

Rooney got now, too. :)

Keep winning>Promotion to a higher division>play better players>lose

Didn't get to respond to this till now.

I do get that theory. But it doesn't explain the inconsistency in the same Div. I've gone from struggling to stay in Div 3 to just winning it there 7-1-2, straight up murdering teams. It's a drastic shift within the same division :/

Not translting over to the DKT sadly :(. Finals twice only to barely lose.

• Advertisement

Second halves? What are they? Having an absurd amount of rage quit by half time the last few days :P

Rooney got now, too. :)

Can't wait to get my hands on Rooney still have seven wins to go.

Advertisement