Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,157 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Finally got to Div 3 after been relegated from Div 4 in three from four attempts. Had 16 points with 2 games remaining and needing 1 win from last couple but was soundly beaten in both.

Was getting bit bored with seasons but will see how get on in Div 3 first. Starting play more God squads though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

i got Owen 86 in the base ion upgrade and have enough good strikers to consider investing him to build another icon to play at CAM- was thinking Del Piero or Bergkamp (as already have costa) - Anyone playing them at CAM . Any views on these players?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

i got Owen 86 in the base ion upgrade and have enough good strikers to consider investing him to build another icon to play at CAM- was thinking Del Piero or Bergkamp (as already have costa) - Anyone playing them at CAM . Any views on these players?

Del Piero is far too weak for cam.
    Only suited to Striker and once you get used to him he's lethal. He's not that fast so you learn to adapt to him such as more dribbling and ball control etc plus long shots are excellent.
    Prime Berkamp is a far better option and one I regretted not going for when I went for ADP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone have Mo Salah TIF? How long would he last until he's about half his stamina gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Any opinions on 95 kane???? Have 90 Henry up for sale and was going to try kane for something different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

jayo26 wrote:
    He is trying to get Rooney tho I think so he doesn't have days. I'd just get relegated a few times if I wanted him that bad then play the games.

jayo26 wrote:
    He is trying to get Rooney tho I think so he doesn't have days. I'd just get relegated a few times if I wanted him that bad then play the games.

It was my intention but he ain't worth the grief

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Blazer wrote: »
    Del Piero is far too weak for cam.
    Only suited to Striker and once you get used to him he's lethal. He's not that fast so you learn to adapt to him such as more dribbling and ball control etc plus long shots are excellent.
    Prime Berkamp is a far better option and one I regretted not going for when I went for ADP.

Couldn't disagree more. I've had Del Piero at cam for 400 games and I find him immense. His passing,finishing and finesse shots are amazing.

With a hunter he also easily outpaces defenders. If you want strength go with Berkamp otherwise Del Piero is better imo. I think Berkamp's sbc should be the same price as Van Basten.

Just finished the kaka sbc. Cost me about 55k plus my 83/84s.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Roberto Carlos is really good, but I've also got an untradeable Alaba who is just as good if not better. Might trade him into one of the Icon SBCs I'll do later down the line, get a 100k pack for it too.

Roberto Carlos is really good, but I've also got an untradeable Alaba who is just as good if not better. Might trade him into one of the Icon SBCs I'll do later down the line, get a 100k pack for it too.

I tried Carlos a while Back and I donno why but he always seemed to have poor stamina even tho he shouldn't he was always drained at end of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Can someone suggest a pl midfielder to play alongside Kante and Cam firmino,also a good cb I currently have van dijk and Luiz,thinking of replacing one,i haven't much money though,say about 100,000 on each

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

jayo26 wrote: »
    I tried Carlos a while Back and I donno why but he always seemed to have poor stamina even tho he shouldn't he was always drained at end of the game.

Yeah he's also just way too small, never actually realised he was only 5'6.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Did the marquee match ups out of boredom , pulled marcelo, courtois , veratti , firmino not too bad good profit

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Can someone suggest a pl midfielder to play alongside Kante and Cam firmino,also a good cb I currently have van dijk and Luiz,thinking of replacing one,i haven't much money though,say about 100,000 on each

Ake is pretty good, the second if is expensive, but the first one did the job for me too.

Nice green line with Begovic who does pretty well lately. My best gk on budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

wonski wrote: »
    Ake is pretty good, the second if is expensive, but the first one did the job for me too.

Nice green line with Begovic who does pretty well lately. My best gk on budget.

I actually had him before playing alongside luiz but I got rid cos they both looked the same with the hair and it drove me nuts

I actually had him before playing alongside luiz but I got rid cos they both looked the same with the hair and it drove me nuts

Luiz is taller :)

I got the sif lately and he does intimidate the opponents a lot. A beast imo.

Got kane anyway just played two seasons games and he scored 6 goals on two games from i think 8 shots, i put hunter card on him and he feels as quick as any and his dribbling and control is insane.

Sold Okocha and decided to invest the lot so this is my team now:
    futmarc.png

Once I get talisca, 87 benatia and motm donnamura instead of my red viviano my squad will be 'done' and I'll start saving for tots.

I've played 3 season matches so far and you can really feel peres' 92 pace. He also scored a header from the edge of the 18 yard box :D

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Sold Okocha and decided to invest the lot so this is my team now:
    futmarc.png

Do you have one or 2 squads?

One. I use fitness cards instead of having a second.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    One. I use fitness cards instead of having a second.

If you use squad fitness cards...... la-di-da :D

Switching all my players every 2/3 matches is a pain :(

• Advertisement

If you use squad fitness cards...... la-di-da :D

Switching all my players every 2/3 matches is a pain :(

I had 2 squads all the seasons, this year decided to stick to one I am happy to play with. Best decision ever.

Playing ****ty team in squad battles could work, but I rather use same players at 70 fitness :)

I had 2 squads all the seasons, this year decided to stick to one I am happy to play with. Best decision ever.

Playing ****ty team in squad battles could work, but I rather use same players at 70 fitness :)

Agree I've only had one squad all season and if you play 2 games then use fitness card you earn enough coins in the games to cover the cost if the squad fitness card.

I quickly realised that viviano is awful so I sold my sandro and bought birthday kolasinac for the link to begovic.

I need two wins for the meyler card. Up 2-0, three rebound goals. Up 3-0, ends 3-3 because the momentum completely swings. Time to relegate myself again :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Think I’m going to do the same. Might clear out my club and stick with my final squad. Might have enough to do a prime SBC Rijkaard or something. Dirt poor at the moment tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Think I’m going to do the same. Might clear out my club and stick with my final squad. Might have enough to do a prime SBC Rijkaard or something. Dirt poor at the moment tho.

416_A44_C3_3_E8_E_4_D57_A86_E_B25_B302_D6706.png

Id normally play 2 or 3 games and then use that squad in gamebattles for 3 or 4 matches and then switch to my other team.

Ive 2 good teams that I like, although my La Liga team could do with another big transfer. After I get Bale or Hernandez SIF, Ill be happy with it. So I cant see myself selling either :(
    jayo26 wrote: »
    Agree I've only had one squad all season and if you play 2 games then use fitness card you earn enough coins in the games to cover the cost if the squad fitness card.

Thats where I make my coins though :(

Id normally play 2 or 3 games and then use that squad in gamebattles for 3 or 4 matches and then switch to my other team.

Ive 2 good teams that I like, although my La Liga team could do with another big transfer. After I get Bale or Hernandez SIF, Ill be happy with it. So I cant see myself selling either :(

Thats where I make my coins though :(

No coins spent on fitness :) The single fitness cards were enough to keep me running until now ;)

Not much of a profit to be made on fitness cards this year tbh. Unless you have a lot of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

That drove me nuts with Talisca and Bakayoko.
    I’d line up who I thought was Talisca for a 30 yard screamer and instead it would be actually Bakayoko who’d do his utmost to hit the spectator in row z.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Had Larsson & Costa icons, did the icon SBC and pack baby Larsson -_- Now time to save up for icon petit SBC I guess

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

So I finally have a good team with subs (mostly if's) and I'm really happy with it so I will play with this team until I'm sick of the game. So a couple of questions:

My main aim when I started fut at Christmas was to get a decent squad together, my best in previous versions were gold squads and no if's or specials which I have achieved now :) so what do I do with my funds now? (The only other squad I want is an epl one so that will come between now and june)

Is it worth my time trying to complete the league sbcs?

Should I sell all players in my club bar my main squad?

Advertisement