Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    similar to poster below you this will get a ban if you do it too often but it's something I use as well when sniping is slow.

Really? Didn't know about the ban thing. I tend to only need to do it a few times a day to keep stock levels up anyway.

Jesus, is no one playing this morning? First kept getting matched up against one guy who wouldn't start the game. Then into a game with a second person who, when he won, we got matched up again. Never had that happen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Eoghan. wrote: »
    Just checked now and I have access. Must have unblocked a few accounts last night

I played eleven so not a round number it would appear access given on official release date, the whole thing really did my head in. its to eas cost I had planned to spend a few quid on packs those days to build a nice trade pile for today.....so that didn't happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Really? Didn't know about the ban thing. I tend to only need to do it a few times a day to keep stock levels up anyway.

Jesus, is no one playing this morning? First kept getting matched up against one guy who wouldn't start the game. Then into a game with a second person who, when he won, we got matched up again. Never had that happen before.

Yah they will keep giving you an error message saying someone else has bit on the item or something like that.

Really enjoying the squad battled the computer is tough and fun to play against this year I'm never one for playing single player games but really enjoying it. I'm not able to beat the world class level so just playing my games on professional but I should still manage good 2 for the week.

Haha EA really don't moderate the names at all do they one of the challenges on Xbox today is called snorthing lezbian.

Right, have decided to spend 50k on building a better team today.

Just not sure whether or not I should start buying long term for the PL teams (Say, grab Martial and Rashford) or grab the two IFs for my overall stronger Portugese team.

• Advertisement

Right, have decided to spend 50k on building a better team today.

Just not sure whether or not I should start buying long term for the PL teams (Say, grab Martial and Rashford) or grab the two IFs for my overall stronger Portugese team.

Im using martial up top alongside rashford two of them are excellent for me.

Im using martial up top alongside rashford two of them are excellent for me.

Actually, how'd your Italian side turn out? Just saw how cheap Icardi and Gomez are in comparison to even one of the other two :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Actually, how'd your Italian side turn out? Just saw how cheap Icardi and Gomez are in comparison to even one of the other two :P

Gomez is quality. Goal machine for my Serie A team :D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

EA seem to be having massive problems with packs, has anyone on XB1 who got the Ronaldo Edition actually got their pack of the week/loan ronaldo yet?

R777B wrote: »
    EA seem to be having massive problems with packs, has anyone on XB1 who got the Ronaldo Edition actually got their pack of the week/loan ronaldo yet?

Yeh last night and one of the lads in hear messaged them and got it I two hours.

• Advertisement

The it's grand i didnt like Gomez that much but using bellotti and icardi up front and they doing ok for me the midfield is a beast with mathiudi.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Haha EA really don't moderate the names at all do they one of the challenges on Xbox today is called snorthing lezbian.

My team is called Muthafrakkers :) before it was frak ea etc

So traded my way up to these two teams at moment

Screenshot_20170929-104935.png

Screenshot_20170929-104914.png

Going to loose a fortune on them im sure but if I didn't keep buying players I'd have no incentive to trade so I trade up to one player at a time.

My stand out players that I love are parollo and wijnaldum for two low 80s midfielders they both s ore loads of goals from midfield.

Martial has 20 goals in 24 for me but ye spent a good 8 or 9 games on the wing before I moved him to striker.

Rashford has 35 goals in 33 games love him.

Icardi dies not feel slow at all he has 23 goals in 25 games for me and bellotti has 8 in 9 games.

Needed to upgrade both keepers they seem more solid but still make the odd howler every game

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Gomez is quality. Goal machine for my Serie A team :D
    The it's grand i didnt like Gomez that much but using bellotti and icardi up front and they doing ok for me the midfield is a beast with mathiudi.

I loved Gomez' inform last year.

Tempted to do a 3-5-2 with Gomez in CAM with Icardi and Bellotti up front. Perisic and Cuadrado either side.

Blazer wrote: »
    My team is called Muthafrakkers :) before it was frak ea etc

The coolest name is seen this year was "GAME OF THROWINS" Fed up of seen inter yer nan already.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

Yeh last night and one of the lads in hear messaged them and got it I two hours.

When I contacted them they just said 'we're working on it'

sound so

The coolest name is seen this year was "GAME OF THROWINS" Fed up of seen inter yer nan already.

I try to base it in what players I have.
    One year it was Reus cakes and Lahm chops but I like that one ^^

Blazer wrote: »
    I try to base it in what players I have.
    One year it was Reus cakes and Lahm chops but I like that one ^^

I used to base it on United new summer signing but I was putting a curse on them.

I used to base it on United new summer signing but I was putting a curse on them.

Awesome. Keep it up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

seamie78 wrote: »
    finally got web app access, have to say the game hasn't really grabbed me this year so far, cant put my finger on it but im really not bothered like other years

This is me, it just seems so random at times. There's too many times where you think you've got the ball in a tackle but no, the opponent has it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

My god I'm terrible lost first game 11 0. Had put together a decent starter pl side too. The defending seems very sluggish. Must just get used to it. Packed IF Vagner Live in first pack. Might fetch me some coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Put together a False 9 side and I'm finally feeling good. Have my custom tactics set to really low pressure and low speed, plenty of passing around midfield and waiting for gaps, completely different to the constant running forward in 17 but it feels far more rewarding. Just need to get a good LW as Carrasco isn't doing well for me, tempted to buy some packs if they release the OTWs today. Didn't buy any last year so I think I'll treat myself :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Put together a False 9 side and I'm finally feeling good. Have my custom tactics set to really low pressure and low speed, plenty of passing around midfield and waiting for gaps, completely different to the constant running forward in 17 but it feels far more rewarding. Just need to get a good LW as Carrasco isn't doing well for me, tempted to buy some packs if they release the OTWs today. Didn't buy any last year so I think I'll treat myself :p

False 9 is my absolute favourite system, have used it in every mode in the game since FIFA 16 and it just all clicks perfectly.

Trying something different so far this year in FUT, not as glamorous as some of the squads posted up here recently but damn it's effective:

HdxTZzk.jpg

Balotelli with the Hunter style hasn't been stopped yet, if I ever come up against one though I'll be terrified. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Jesus my pack luck is horrendous so far, I've smashed through a good few sbcs and opened all of my reward I've got so far and nothing of any value whatsoever bar Lucas from PSG -_- The hunt continues!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Got the game today. Legend prices are no joke. Lowest Del Piero is about a million :(.

Will dump €20-30 on packs in a few days to get me started.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Got the game today. Legend prices are no joke. Lowest Del Piero is about a million :(.

Will dump €20-30 on packs in a few days to get me started.

Some will drop at least this year they have two versions in packs so we still have more options.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Is there no consumables on the web app

Screenshot_20170929-175948.png

If anything happens with this I am definitely done with fifa. What the fuk like.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Screenshot_20170929-175948.png

If anything happens with this I am definitely done with fifa. What the fuk like.

Had similar message last year when sold few expensive players. That's what the transfer market is for, yet they found it suspicious... Was unlocked after an hour or so.

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    Had similar message last year when sold few expensive players. That's what the transfer market is for, yet they found it suspicious... Was unlocked after an hour or so.

N3ver had a message like that in all my years trading.

Advertisement