Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jonnycivic wrote: »
    So I finally have a good team with subs (mostly if's) and I'm really happy with it so I will play with this team until I'm sick of the game. So a couple of questions:

My main aim when I started fut at Christmas was to get a decent squad together, my best in previous versions were gold squads and no if's or specials which I have achieved now :) so what do I do with my funds now? (The only other squad I want is an epl one so that will come between now and june)

Is it worth my time trying to complete the league sbcs?

Should I sell all players in my club bar my main squad?

Pretty much all down to personal preference now.

League SBCs are fun, especially if there's a player you want at the end. I adore my SBC Cavani, though I've traded my Gigniac and Soma in to SBCs recently. The packs can be fun too.

You can start saving up for better players, even if that saving takes a while. Icon SBCs are an option as well.

As for selling cards, again, depends on priorities. I personally tend to hoard them all and save them for SBCs of various sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

anyone know will a new league sbc drop today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Lads what formation are you currently using and what are pros and cons,tbh I struggle to stick with one I like

I'm using 4222 atm
    Pros - 2 cdms so they help with defence,good for counter attacks,2 strikers which I like to have

Cons - not great for keeping possession, very little midfield support for forward players

I'd give it 7/10

I'm actually considering changing to 433(5) I've never actually used that formation before

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

seamie78 wrote: »
    anyone know will a new league sbc drop today

It finally should, last week rumour was Premier League with sbc Son, but that was just a rumour.

I have just sold my last gold player, have none left apart from the untradeable ones :)

Bought Neymar, so was worth it, but will miss all the sbcs.

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Lads what formation are you currently using and what are pros and cons,tbh I struggle to stick with one I like

I'm using 4222 atm
    Pros - 2 cdms so they help with defence,good for counter attacks,2 strikers which I like to have

Cons - not great for keeping possession, very little midfield support for forward players

I'd give it 7/10

I'm actually considering changing to 433(5) I've never actually used that formation before

I stick to 433(4) with fast wingers and solid cms - Petit and Kanté.

I have tried different formations, but always end up with this one. Only one striker so not everyone likes it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Pretty much all down to personal preference now.

League SBCs are fun, especially if there's a player you want at the end. I adore my SBC Cavani, though I've traded my Gigniac and Soma in to SBCs recently. The packs can be fun too.

You can start saving up for better players, even if that saving takes a while. Icon SBCs are an option as well.

As for selling cards, again, depends on priorities. I personally tend to hoard them all and save them for SBCs of various sorts.

Well I do have 2 of the MLS ones completed with 6 half done so far. When I first started playing FUT i was in doing them bit by bit so I might finish that one off and see how I go :)

I currently have 70k, I am rocking IF Asenjo in goal now and pulled his gold card in a pack so I put it up for sale and I bagged the full 10k :D

I have hoarded alot of players and used them in the SBC's but I still have 2000 in my club right now haha

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Been selling contracts and healing items for 200-500 a pop over the past couple of days, it's funded 2 Icon SBC packs with a third on the way :p Not sure why I'm doing them as the majority of base Icons will end up being traded for a 100k pack anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

16jeauu.jpg

142dmpy.jpg

My main team :)

No need for bench keepers and defenders of that value tbh. Just sell them.

wonski wrote: »
    No need for bench keepers and defenders of that value tbh. Just sell them.

Some are untradeable so that's why they are still in there :) if semedo wasn't then it's about 23k and the other fella is about 12k
    Was thinking of selling ter stegan on as I have a few 83's that could do the job :)

• Advertisement

Got Puyol from the Icon pack. Only played one game but have him at CB on 7 chem and I really like him. He's short but he's just like a much better Azpilicueta.

Bit annoying I've done 5 and not gotten anything above an 86.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Some are untradeable so that's why they are still in there :) if semedo wasn't then it's about 23k and the other fella is about 12k
    Was thinking of selling ter stegan on as I have a few 83's that could do the job :)

Don't know which are tradeable, but sell anything you don't use. No point keeping them to just sit there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Don't know which are tradeable, but sell anything you don't use. No point keeping them to just sit there.

Some people use subs :P

jayo26 wrote: »
    Some people use subs :P

I said the ones you don't use. I doubt anyone subs in the goalkeeper or a defender ;)

I said the ones you don't use. I doubt anyone subs in the goalkeeper or a defender ;)

Oh I end up getting plenty of defenders injured so need to keep a few there haha

Did 4 of the TOTW SBCs, they only cost 20k to do, got 3 useless GKs and then 92 Higuain :D Don't think I'm ever going to use him, hated all of his cards last year, but he'll be great for a high rated SBC.

Btw Friday on their big Fut Birthday event and the only thing they've released is a Weekly Challenge that rewards a ball :p

Btw Friday on their big Fut Birthday event and the only thing they've released is a Weekly Challenge that rewards a ball :p

To be fair they released another sbc wit poor reward and there are 4 more weekly challenges.

But there are 5 every week. That I agree with. Poor offer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Started 3-0, now 3-5 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

shamrock55 wrote: »

I'm using 4222 atm

I'd give it 7/10

I use that same formation and found it excellent.
    Meyler uses 4-1-2-1-2 (2) and he's found it excellent as well.
    I've tended to stay away from wingers this year as headers aren't so great.
    I found the 4-3-3 variants while excellent the past 3-4 years are now basically redundant as players are out too wide.
    This year its all about controlling the midfield.
    What are your player instructions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Started 3-0 now 4-6. Only can play WL this evening so I feel its going to be painful.

I've raised enough money to do the base icon sbc..hopefully I get someone decent. No biggie really since I can re-use for a prime.

Did I ever tell anyone how good Harry kanes 96 card is???

If you never tried him you gotta try him fuk your Ronaldo and Henry's for one million coins you get a scoring machine from anywhere under 30 yards from goal and even when a keeper saves it someone else has a decent chance of a rebound.

In other news I'm still sh1t at defending so I'm still losing every second game or so due to my inability to defend properly

If you never tried him you gotta try him fuk your Ronaldo and Henry's for one million coins you get a scoring machine from anywhere under 30 yards from goal and even when a keeper saves it someone else has a decent chance of a rebound.

In other news I'm still sh1t at defending so I'm still losing every second game or so due to my inability to defend properly

I had him untradeable and traded him in as part of the Matthaus SBC :pac:

He is amazing though, I just preferred Henry, Ronaldinho, and even OTW Mbappe and it felt dumb having a 96 rated player not being used.

I had his 93 potm card and he was brilliant.
    For those thinking Rooney is brilliant, think of Kane as Rooney with better mobility and dribbling. He was awesome for me I have to say.
    If you're playing 2 strikers you need a Kane or Rooney as one of them to hold up the ball in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

I love a WL with scripting or momentum or whatever people like to call it,it isnt hard enough to play through as it is

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Blazer wrote: »
    I use that same formation and found it excellent.
    Meyler uses 4-1-2-1-2 (2) and he's found it excellent as well.
    I've tended to stay away from wingers this year as headers aren't so great.
    I found the 4-3-3 variants while excellent the past 3-4 years are now basically redundant as players are out too wide.
    This year its all about controlling the midfield.
    What are your player instructions?

I haven't tried the 433(5) yet but will do soon,ill my player instructions would normally be full backs stay back,one if not 2 Cdms stay back,cams stay forward,strikers get in behind, for my 433 I'm gonna have full backs stay back,one CM stay back,The other 2 CM on default, my CD will be stay central and stay forward,and lw and rw stay forward and cut inside

Blazer wrote: »
    I had his 93 potm card and he was brilliant.
    For those thinking Rooney is brilliant, think of Kane as Rooney with better mobility and dribbling. He was awesome for me I have to say.
    If you're playing 2 strikers you need a Kane or Rooney as one of them to hold up the ball in the box.

20180323_213146.jpg

Using this at the moment I Usually sub out lukaku in second half for Lozano. Loving Rooney in cam.

Scoring goals for fun just conceding them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

2-1 in wl. First two games I won easily and even scored a bicycle kick with wijnaldum :pac:

Third game is the usual story - early rebound goal, ultra defensive and a kick off goal when I finally do score :rolleyes:

On the bright side birthday florenzi and peres are immense.

• Advertisement

Have to say I'm surprised they did nothing to nerf the low driven shot all year, gets really boring when every single goal is the same shot rolling into the bottom corner.

Advertisement