Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I was buying him during the day using BIN and selling for 4.3k.
    During the night (I'm on 12 hour nights this weekend) I started snapping him up bidding for between 2.2k and 3.5k and again selling for 4.3k.
    I think I had around 160k yesterday evening and last night had over 270k at which point I did the base icon.
    It started slowing down then during the night as other people was copping onto him but I can't complain. I think I've made about 600k trading profit since I got my club wiped.
    This is my current club. I'm debating whether to consider trading for tots which I probably wouldn't have the patience for or go for prime Hernandez once the markets drop a bit.

squad.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ah weekend league, how I hate you so. I've gone from getting into Div 1 to barely being able to score in the league. 6-15 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I'm 7-2 which is my best start so far although the eaids has definiteley been in my favour.

My begovic has been insane while at the other end de gea has been deflecting crosses into the net and losing aerial duels to firmino.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Was playing a guy this morning winning 2-1 and in injury time he wins a penalty and all I could say was typical.

Penalty comes up he lines up his ball and I prepare to dive to my keepers left which I always do.

He runs up to the ball I push my stick over as he shoots he shoots for the opposite side that pushed my stick...

My keeper dives far into the corner of the opposite side that I directed him to go and pulls off the most miraculous save ever and I win the game.

Fut is not fixed haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Have this team on full chem and it is ripping much much more expensive squads apart the weekend. Need to upgrade some of the players still but it plays so well.

https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/4451394

• Advertisement

Toobz wrote: »
    Have this team on full chem and it is ripping much much more expensive squads apart the weekend. Need to upgrade some of the players still but it plays so well.

https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/4451394

lol I was expecting a poor man's team but its far from it :)

Once I saw my projected rank go up to elite 2 I knew my weekend league hell would start.

7-2 to 7-4. Lose my next match 2-1 to a rebound goal but the guy was clearly better than me so I didn't mind.

Next match. Guy instantly gives a penalty away and his keeper's foot pushes it onto the post. I hit the post 3 more times then he scores a header with salah from a corner even though he was marked by manolas.

Long story short: I lose 5-2. I hit the post 7 times and had 3 one on ones that went miraculously wide. 2 of his goals were rebounds, 2 were salah headers where he was marked and the last was in added time with lozano.

It's not the losing that bothers me it's that this guy was easily the worst I've played this weekend and it was obvious what was happening :o

Fair play to the people who play 40 games and stay sane. Gold 3 for me it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Similar has happened to me this wkend allbeit in seasons, played my first 2 games in div 3 and lost both even though I battered both teams nothing went in for me while every chance they had went in,its just so obvious something's up

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Once I saw my projected rank go up to elite 2 I knew my weekend league hell would start.

7-2 to 7-4. Lose my next match 2-1 to a rebound goal but the guy was clearly better than me so I didn't mind.

What did I tell you last night???? :)
    I say if I was playing WL I'd be insane by now.

Decided to do the Kaka SBC...the country done and just raising coins to do the club sbc.
    Tomorrow then raise money to get David Luiz and Marcelo to give him perfect chem,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Did my final Icon SBC pack and got Nesta, not amazing but I'm gonna use him ahead of Puyol, so traded Puyol in for a 100k pack and didn't even get a board. Best player was Bakayoko.

• Advertisement

Did my final Icon SBC pack and got Nesta, not amazing but I'm gonna use him ahead of Puyol, so traded Puyol in for a 100k pack and didn't even get a board. Best player was Bakayoko.

I'd feel for you but man your pack luck has been incredible this year :D

Blazer wrote: »
    I'd feel for you but man your pack luck has been incredible this year :D

Fair :p

After losing my next match in similar cicumstances I decided to change it up.

I bought the new martinez in form and subbed him on at the start of the match and immiediatly went ultra defensive.

3 matches later and I've got 3 more wins and only conceded one goal. I'd be happy but I know I've become the exact kind of player I hate.

That martinez for 25k is a steal though. 92 pace 84 shooting and 82 physical base stats. I'll put him up front with Ibra if I make an MLS team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just lost a game 6-5 where I had a 4-1 lead in the 70th minute. He brought on a sub that scored 4 goals past me.....that’s enough for me today. 8-8 in the WL after tonight.

Just played a game where I must have had about 30 interceptions with Rio. Opponent had the loan Ronaldo and he just spammed passes to him all game, plenty of moments where he had a 2v1 counter attack, he'd be clean through on goal with his other striker but I'd just stand next to Ronaldo and he'd pass it to me every time.

Went from 7-5 to 13-5.

First match of today and it's against a guy with prime gullit, ronaldo and a good few toty cards.

I go up 2-0 and he scores a kick off goal and a 90th minute equalizer. 120th minute he puts in a cross with toty marcelo that goes straight to my keeper but begovic's ai is just turned off and leaves ronaldo a free header at chest height in the six yard box.

He then shushes and dabs to the halfway line :rolleyes:. I hope it was worth the grand or two he spent to get gold 1.

6-23

One of those weekends that makes me think it's not worth playing, so I'm done for a while.

Its not a player issue either, before anyone jumps on that. I played four games today and in all four, I've give away penalties, three of which were when the AI brushed off against the other guy and they went down like they were shot. One game, my players refused to push up the pitch; my back three would not leave my box, even on attacking. Not changing my tactics or such either, they just decided to have a picnic that would not be disturbed.

Think Farcry 5 is out. Might go play that for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

FUT champs is mind numbing
    Its not fun at all to play even when I win it feels like a chore
    Will play one more week and that's it

Went from 13-5 to 14-9. I think I'm done with wl. The casual player base has died off which means you're just left with the people who know the meta and will constantly abuse things like time wasting and rebound goals to grind out boring wins.

The amount of games where eaids decides who wins has ruined the game for me tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I agree with some of what's been said, but some of it has got to come back to the fact that some of you might not be very good at FIFA. I'd consider myself fairly average and I get gold 1 or 2 and stop playing. Grinding to get silver 1 must be a horrible experience. Can't see how you lasted so long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Ya ive just had 4 losses in a row...can’t remember a game where I didn’t concede early and/or concede 4+ goals. My defending is ****e

RossieMan wrote: »
    I agree with some of what's been said, but some of it has got to come back to the fact that some of you might not be very good at FIFA. I'd consider myself fairly average and I get gold 1 or 2 and stop playing. Grinding to get silver 1 must be a horrible experience. Can't see how you lasted so long.

Don't think anyone actually thinks they are that good haha.

It's all psychological it's just frustrating I have stopped worrying about weekend league now what's the point you only get **** in packs I Usually only play when I get a chance now.

It's easy get the 11 wins now and anyth8ng else is a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

RossieMan wrote:

Got to gold 2 this week
    Considering I've spent nothing on the game and built a decent team I think I'm doing fine

Hooray, you've accepted that. I've been trying to tell you that for weeks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hooray, you've accepted that. I've been trying to tell you that for weeks :pac:

i had too much hope for you. :(

Honestly though, with your team you shouldn't be struggling, id actually love to see your defending and see where its going wrong.

We should have a FUT tournament.
    Pity you can't trade players anymore..would have made it very interesting :D

i had too much hope for you. :(

Honestly though, with your team you shouldn't be struggling, id actually love to see your defending and see where its going wrong.

I've said before, it's a lack of patience

I don't really use skill, or tikitaka. I get bored incredibly easy in games so it probably isn't hard to pick holes in the defence,

I could "tighten up" by playing a safer style but then I'd be bored worse.

Blazer wrote: »
    We should have a FUT tournament.
    Pity you can't trade players anymore..would have made it very interesting :D

Hit me up induring week I'll give you couple games dude introduce you to kane :)

jayo26 wrote: »
    Hit me up induring week I'll give you couple games dude introduce you to kane :)

will do :)

• Advertisement

I had a lot of bronzes in random leagues stocked up so I threw them all into the upgrade sbc which I upgraded again and threw the non rare golds into the 82-85 sbc.

When I was done I sold my right back bruno peres for 65k and that gave me enough coins for a base icon sbc with all my untradeables.

Who walks out to some weird samba music? 90 R9 :eek::D

First time I've walked away from a game in disbelief :pac:

Advertisement