Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,157 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Playing Div 3 in seasons and am I only person who is more happy when paired up against very good team?

Played fella last night won 3-0, he has all the big guns like 99 Ronaldo, Maradona and pretty much 8 of his team were icons, all top ones.

Then I play few lads with Bronze and Silver players mixed in with good players and get thrashed 6-2 and 3-1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

It’s a theory that the weaker your team the more EA’s momentum ie scripting goes your way. People have believed this since 2009 when it became apparent that the ai of your players tended to becomed overpowered or next to uselesss in certain parts of the match.
    It’s the reason a lot of the higher rated teams pack their bench with bronze to bring the average rating down to give them a more favorable outcome.
    The belief is that EA uses it to sell more packs ie a beginner player with an average team comes up against a higher rated team and either draws or beats them. That player will then think “imagine what I could do with a team like that” and then hopefully buy packs to achieve this.
    If fut was based solely on skill hell most of us here would probably be in div1.
    But FUT is a 500 million dollar gold mine to EA who we all know are money grabbing scum.
    If you needed proof we could all play each other with the same all stars team outside of fut and we wouldn’t be long finding out who is the best player here.
    Ratings should only account for your first 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

it works for them, when free rooney was available I couldn't win a game all week went back this week won a couple straight away. And as I had no rooney card I spent coins on 90 rated erikson its all about getting players to spend coins

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

seamie78 wrote:
    it works for them, when free rooney was available I couldn't win a game all week went back this week won a couple straight away. And as I had no rooney card I spent coins on 90 rated erikson its all about getting players to spend coins

That Rooney card is unbelievable though 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

That Rooney card is unbelievable though ����

:D I bet he is, very happy with my new upgraded erikson so its not all bad. I enjoyed the few days not playing as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Playing Div 3 in seasons and am I only person who is more happy when paired up against very good team?

Played fella last night won 3-0, he has all the big guns like 99 Ronaldo, Maradona and pretty much 8 of his team were icons, all top ones.

Then I play few lads with Bronze and Silver players mixed in with good players and get thrashed 6-2 and 3-1

This always happens to me,but we need to realise if your in div 3 with a **** hot team you can't be much good and vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Just played the dkt, two first round losses followed by a stroll to the final and victory....... not one icon was met in the six matches that I played which I found strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Another draft win, got Pastore, I'll only lose about 3k this time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Liamalone wrote: »
    Just played the dkt, two first round losses followed by a stroll to the final and victory....... not one icon was met in the six matches that I played which I found strange.

Same. At a guess, the quality mig have gone down thanks to the automatic qualification threshold being lowered.

But as well as facing "easier" teams, three of the four games, I got soft penalties, and three own goals over the four games too....

Is De gea normal card worth the 180000 or so,fierce tempted to go for him even though butland is pretty good I think.
    I just bought if can for 79000, I heard he's pretty good,time will tell I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Is De gea normal card worth the 180000 or so,fierce tempted to go for him even though butland is pretty good I think.
    I just bought if can for 79000, I heard he's pretty good,time will tell I guess

After I tried Begovic I just left it as it is. DeGea is definitely better, but whether it is 180k better I don't know.

wonski wrote: »
    After I tried Begovic I just left it as it is. DeGea is definitely better, but whether it is 180k better I don't know.

Begovic is playing a stormer for me. Definitely this years Butland. I’ve had De Gea and Coutrois and he’s just as good for what he costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Burgervich has definitely annoyed me a few times, so has De Gea. No other keeper sticks in my mind like them four.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

CB Kyle Walker in TOTW :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Blazer wrote:
    Begovic is playing a stormer for me. Definitely this years Butland. I’ve had De Gea and Coutrois and he’s just as good for what he costs.

His normal card?

His normal card?

Yep.he’s pulling off point blank saves that Coutrois seems incable of. Basic chem as well so boosting all his stats.

Might try begovic so for the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Blazer wrote: »
    His normal card?

Yep.he’s  pulling off point blank saves that Coutrois seems incable of. Basic chem as well so boosting all his stats.
    Sweet might buy him for two so and sell Lloris for 45.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Begovic? really?

I laugh when i see him in goals, long shots, every single one goes in. Hes absolutely awful for them.
    Its the same with PErin and Donnarumma, they cant save **** at distance. De Gea is the only keeper worth having in the game.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Begovic? really?

I laugh when i see him in goals, long shots, every single one goes in. Hes absolutely awful for them.
    Its the same with PErin and Donnarumma, they cant save **** at distance. De Gea is the only keeper worth having in the game.

Luckily I’m meeting people who aren’t shooting from distance:) it’s rare you see people in the higher divisions shoot from long range. They normally try and sweat it in the box etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Blazer wrote: »
    Luckily I’m meeting people who aren’t shooting from distance:) it’s rare you see people in the higher divisions shoot from long range. They normally try and sweat it in the box etc.

I actually agree with rossie here I had prime schmeicheal for nearly 1000s games and loved him at everyrhing apart from long range shots he conceded everyrhing as do most keepers but now ihave de gea and he pulls off so many saves compared to anyone else I used but his one big weakness is low shots.

I know everyone scores low shots but dea gea seems to have a major problem getting down.

Just qualified for wl and managed to stay in div3,just missed out on div 2 by 4 points,ive changed to 433 and actually seem to be defending better even though it's an attacking formation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I've used begovic pretty much since I started this year and I don't he's that bad on long shots and is probably better than De Gea on low drivens.

His real weakness is chip shots. It doesn't matter if the ball only goes up to ankle height he'll find some way to limbo under it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I'm surprised Isco didn't get into TOTW after that hat-trick against Argentina. Was hoping my PTG would get a nice boost :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'm surprised Isco didn't get into TOTW after that hat-trick against Argentina. Was hoping my PTG would get a nice boost :confused:

Seen some people say Tuesday games are too late to get into the TOTW but he could get into the next one, same for Mbappe with 2g1a.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Seen some people say Tuesday games are too late to get into the TOTW but he could get into the next one, same for Mbappe with 2g1a.

And lukaku :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

That's some TotW! Picked up Rodriguez for 114,000. I'm terrible at trading but I'm hoping that I can make a decent profit on him come Friday when people start buying again for the Weekend League.

That Kaka card is absolutely amazing. He wasn’t doing great for me out wide but as soon as I switched to a 4-3-1-2 formation and him in the cam position he’s destroying defences, stamina not an issue as I’m just walking him through defences and splitting passes. Back upto Div 4 and up higher hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,157 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

So doing steady enough in Div 3 in 3 attempts claim close to going up but few too many Draws Cost me. Then yesterday get relegated from Div 3 with 1-1-8(oh the pain, win first match too yikes) then go Div 4, I'm 1-2-5 with 2 games remaining and win both 6-2 and 4-0

If I got relegated again that was it. For some reason my defenders have lost plot since yesterday.

Some days I win maybe 8 from 10 games and next can't do jack.

It's always one way or other and I cant reason why.

I attempt weekend league but never get chance to play 40 games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

It's done on purpose by EA

Advertisement