Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Another account down, another 100k made, this feels dirty but idc :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone wanna give me advice on what Icon to start working towards?

I feel I lucked out getting Vieria from the random pack, so probably not going to do another. I've got Hernandez up front, Overmars on the wing, Costa and Vieria in the midfield and Schmichael in nets. And have a good few untradeable strikers already anyway. So I'm not leaning towards Striker or Goalkeeper.

I wish there was a RW one to do. Wondering if I should do one of the CBs like Puyol, one of the other LW players like Pieres or finish Rijkard to complete the midfield. I've only got 250k in the bank currently though so I'm not aiming too high.

Lord TSC wrote: »

I feel I lucked out getting Vieria from the random pack, so probably not going to do another. I've got Hernandez up front, Overmars on the wing, Costa and Vieria in the midfield and Schmichael in nets. And have a good few untradeable strikers already anyway. So I'm not leaning towards Striker or Goalkeeper.

I wish there was a RW one to do. Wondering if I should do one of the CBs like Puyol, one of the other LW players like Pieres or finish Rijkard to complete the midfield. I've only got 250k in the bank currently though so I'm not aiming too high.

Nesta and Puyol seem fairly bad, Rio is amazing but he's fairly pricey. Think you can buy Blanc and Desailly for around the same price as their SBCs. I've seen really great things about Prime Rijkaard so I'd probably go for him.

Took me 90 minutes but 770 turned into 70 silver upgrade packs. That was a slog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

If you had the coins and wanted to work towards a decent icon i would do another 3 icon base packs if then if you don't get anything you want to keep you can use them on one of the better icons. I have done the Henry icon pack and I have another two icons to use for his 89 and 88 packs so I just need to buy up the players now if I get time to get back trading properly.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Jaysus it was a simple question I asked. I didn't mean to come over aggressive.

Apologies if I caused any offence.

I appreciate that you have pretty decent knowledge of ultimate team you are up to speed with the rest of us that are playing years that's great but nearly all of your posts are very very harsh in many different ways.

In every forum thread there are different levels of people that either have different knowledge and habits when using the internet and also that have different things that make them happen for example in a game.

You contanstly harshley challenge people in a number of ways and to be honest it seems that you have an opinion that your way is correct and that's it.

I appreciate I'm going off topic here but I do feel it needs to be said because you have great knowledge and advice to share in this thread but you just need to figure out a better way of sharing it.

Hope you don't take this post the wrong way as I don't think anyone wants to see you carded or posting less but just concdier a little bit on how you interact with other people is all I can say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I dont take anything to heart, perhaps i can be a bit of a dick, i know that.

Patience with people online is a problem for me, i'll have to work on it.

I'll try to be more considerate when posting, its a nice, decent community going here.
    probably going to get a Xbox for next year so i can be more relevant to posting here. PC is really dead for UT.

RossieMan wrote: »
    probably going to get a Xbox for next year so i can be more relevant to posting here. PC is really dead for UT.

I did the same last year played pc up to march did really well trading is really easy on it but problem is there is only a very small transfer market in numbers I think the maximum number of transfers that used to be online at anytime was peaking at 400k at Christmas and was usually under 200k.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I've made about 20,000 coins from bpm in last 24hrs,delighted with that but bronze players not really selling now is that cos of new marquee match-up,should I just trade in whatever bronze I have now for silver upgrades?

We got a new promo, FUT Swap Deals. There are a load of SBCs for high rated cards that require you to exchange new cards gained through weekly objectives and stuff, like another version of the Rooney/Toure SBCs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Sanchez looks tempting,but I'll probably be lucky to get Henderson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I was thinking of taking another week off but there are new sbc cards that can be earned for free.

I need them so they can sit in my club and be part of the squads I always intend to build but never do :pac:

I want that Henderson for my liverpool team as well.

Having at look at the sbcs a bit more, what's the point in exchanging 10 of the players for an ultimate pack when 11 will get you sanchez or modric ?

It seems like great craic but the packs require way too many cards imo.

That 91 Sanchez striker card has firmly got my interest he would be awesome beside kane.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

How do we get items?

You have to earn futswap players from the likes of daily knock out tournaments they will be a total of 12 players over the course of a month I have a feeling to get Sanchez it will be pretty much impossible seem as he will need 11.

Tevez needs way too many cards as well.

FUT Birthday all over again, trying to decide who to go for. If I can get 12 I think I'll go for Zlatan and Koke as that's the highest rated combo of players you can get, keep them for SBCs.

aaaaand I got caught, they wiped my coin total, of which I had about 70k, they still don't do anything to all the players I bought with those coins though so all in all I've made about 600k :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

aaaaand I got caught, they wiped my coin total, of which I had about 70k, they still don't do anything to all the players I bought with those coins though so all in all I've made about 600k :D

Lol I warned you. Now that you’re flagged you won’t be able to do that again otherwise you’re club will be deleted. Careful now as father ted says

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    Lol I warned you. Now that you’re flagged you won’t be able to do that again otherwise you’re club will be deleted. Careful now as father ted says

Fine by me :p No reason not to do it once when all you get is a coin wipe, just spend the coins fast and nothing happens.

Going to be impossible to get many of them players I think. Was just thinking how hard it was to win the dkt for fut birthday it will be even worse now ha.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Going to be impossible to get many of them players I think. Was just thinking how hard it was to win the dkt for fut birthday it will be even worse now ha.

Yeah, given they've said there'll be 12 cards and the best need 11, I'm nearly immediately inclined to ignore the event tbh. I'd love the Ibrahomovic, but I'd imagine his IF will be easier to get.

Starting to trade a bit more seriously again. Just flipping gold cards. Only dedicated 15 slots to it yesterday evening, but sold a Son for 4500 profit, a Rose for 3000 profit and two bellerins for 3k profit each. So going to invest a bit more of my trade pile space into that given the quick success rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Bollix to that Fut Swap craic, you'd need to be playing every day to get anything decent.

I see people pondering that we're not getting any more League SBCs, as Sanchez and Modric were long rumored to be the rewards for the Pl and LaLiga ones, and their cards look like what would have been given out.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

I see people pondering that we're not getting any more League SBCs, as Sanchez and Modric were long rumored to be the rewards for the Pl and LaLiga ones, and their cards look like what would have been given out.

if we don't get any on Friday we can assume they are finished

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

11 out of 12 to get anything decent.... Honestly the best card their looks like balder diao at 4 cards. 4 star 4 star, insane speed, good dribbling. His base gold is amazing. I'll be picking him up. Would love insigne too but not gonna happen. They're trying to force people to play the game again, it's actually pretty sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

More different coloured cards, I don't know what half them are for at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Definitely having that Zlatan card if I can get my hands on it, paired with Larsson and Costa and a dead link in a 4231 narrow, and then probably swap him with larsson once he's lost his stamina.

Still reckon futmas Andy Carroll is my favourite card this year though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Need to win dkt to get the first swap card. I never really bothered with weekend league, but just got to the final. Need them to match me some good opponent to win it.

Advertisement