Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Every year, they seem to want to crack down more and more on traders.

I don't understand if they don't want traders, then get rid of the auction house entirely, and just make pack luck better. Loved that system in the World Cup DLc a few years back and you'd get way more variety in teams too....

But so long as an auction house exists, there's always gonna be traders out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Only EA could do these OTW cards and fcuk up. They've included the wrong Bruma, they've put in the CB Jeffrey Bruma who transferred last summer but I assume they meant to include the Bruma winger who just joined Leipzig

BIqR6GP.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Every year, they seem to want to crack down more and more on traders.

I don't understand if they don't want traders, then get rid of the auction house entirely, and just make pack luck better. Loved that system in the World Cup DLc a few years back and you'd get way more variety in teams too....

But so long as an auction house exists, there's always gonna be traders out there.

Exactly like the idea of the game is to trade or else we may as Well just play regular seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Had the same last year around Feb after buying about 150 fitness cards

seamie78 wrote: »
    Had the same last year around Feb after buying about 150 fitness cards

Bought that much In ten minutes haha In fairness I have bought and sold slot this week but still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Servers just went down halfway through a draft, I've missed this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Really? Didn't know about the ban thing. I tend to only need to do it a few times a day to keep stock levels up anyway.

Jesus, is no one playing this morning? First kept getting matched up against one guy who wouldn't start the game. Then into a game with a second person who, when he won, we got matched up again. Never had that happen before.

Rule of thumb I've found that if you've filled up your transfer target list more than 3 times, you get a temporary bid ban. It can last anywhere from 3 hours to 12 hours.

If you get another ban soon after that (not sure exactly what soon means), they ban you for 24-48 hours. They don't even tell you "hey, mofo, you've been trading too much", they just say that your bid couldn't be placed.

Also, if you list items individually too much (seems like 8 times per day), then they'll ban you from listing items too. You can use relist all, but you tend to get a lot less sales.

Servers just went down halfway through a draft, I've missed this.

If you're arsed get onto ea chat and get a draft token off them

v3ttel wrote: »
    Rule of thumb I've found that if you've filled up your transfer target list more than 3 times, you get a temporary bid ban. It can last anywhere from 3 hours to 12 hours.

If you get another ban soon after that (not sure exactly what soon means), they ban you for 24-48 hours. They don't even tell you "hey, mofo, you've been trading too much", they just say that your bid couldn't be placed.

Also, if you list items individually too much (seems like 8 times per day), then they'll ban you from listing items too. You can use relist all, but you tend to get a lot less sales.

That's the thing if they would just come along and say your not allowed do this and this but they won't and even if you ask them they will deny it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone reckon there'll be high value packs available to buy at some point while the OTW cards are up? Don't want to waste all the FIFA points on 7.5k packs only to get nothing.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Anyone reckon there'll be high value packs available to buy at some point while the OTW cards are up? Don't want to waste all the FIFA points on 7.5k packs only to get nothing.

IIRC the first time the big packs come out is Black Friday, or at least the 50/100k packs

IIRC the first time the big packs come out is Black Friday, or at least the 50/100k packs

Yeah I'll probably hold onto the points until next Friday just in case but it's more than likely pointless either way.

Got decent luck this evening. Opened around 12 packs and got Mata, Carvajal, Rojo, Rudiger, Cyprien and Clyne. Nothing spectacular but a lot of 5k+ players there, desperate for a black card though.

Yeah I'll probably hold onto the points until next Friday just in case but it's more than likely pointless either way.

Got decent luck this evening. Opened around 12 packs and got Mata, Carvajal, Rojo, Rudiger, Cyprien and Clyne. Nothing spectacular but a lot of 5k+ players there, desperate for a black card though.

Just finishing up all the good SBCs now myself, god I'm sick of having to exit games to give players loyalty

With all the packs given out I'll surely get something decent

Just finishing up all the good SBCs now myself, god I'm sick of having to exit games to give players loyalty

With all the packs given out I'll surely get something decent

If you finish the last two League and Nation Hybrids, you'd nearly be expecting a black card. About to have a crack at those now, bloody expensive by the look of it, only ones left for me to do. Have you found a reasonably cheap formula for Hybrid Master? The one I'm looking at is close to 50k. :(

If you finish the last two League and Nation Hybrids, you'd nearly be expecting a black card. About to have a crack at those now, bloody expensive by the look of it, only ones left for me to do. Have you found a reasonably cheap formula for Hybrid Master? The one I'm looking at is close to 50k. :(

Dunno what I done but if its costing you 50k for these rewards then wait a few weeks, mine was similar to this and cost ~20k

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

My POTM Mane investments paid off so I've got like 200k plus some good untradeables to build a team, just going to go all Prem so I can easily switch it up if I want. Heard plenty good about 4231 wide this year, might try Ibra seeing as he's far cheaper than he normally is.

Dunno what I done but if its costing you 50k for these rewards then wait a few weeks, mine was similar to this and cost ~20k

Managed to put one together using a lot of players I had already, and of course I'm one feckin chemistry point away from not having to chem glitch. Doing other SBCs now just in case I pack one of the non-loyalty players I need. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Packed both regular and TOTW Salah earlier. Stats look exactly the same. What's actually the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Packed both regular and TOTW Salah earlier. Stats look exactly the same. What's actually the difference?

Its a one to watch card you got it's the same now but if he gets a TOTW it will upgrade to that rating

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

The black card should be worth a fortune. As said, it will increase in stats each time Salah gets an inform, which he surely will. Currently going for 250k on xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Ah nice one cheers guys. Lucky pull so. Sold the original card for 30k might hold on to ones to watch card so. Still getting hammered in my games tho haha

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Ah nice one cheers guys. Lucky pull so. Sold the original card for 30k might hold on to ones to watch card so. Still getting hammered in my games tho haha

Jesus yeah hold onto it, it’s not like anyone else in Liverpool fc will get a totw :)
    Sarah is really the only shining light there with Mane so guaranteed one or both will get plenty of if cards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Just did the Lacazette, Hybrid Nations group and Hybrid League group SBCs thinking that I'd surely get something decent...

I'm minus 10K from doing the SBCs with seemingly the highest pack weight. That pretty much sums up my pack luck. I'll probably break even when I discard all of the bollocks they gave me, plenty of time wasted doing them though.

I see a lot more people are using 4-2-3-1. It was like the best kept secret of FIFA 17, it's odd it's taken so many people to realise what a savage formation it is.

v3ttel wrote: »

I see a lot more people are using 4-2-3-1. It was like the best kept secret of FIFA 17, it's odd it's taken so many people to realise what a savage formation it is.

I'm a luddite, been using 4-1-2-1-2 wide forever. Which variation of this fabled formation is it, narrow or wide?

Liamalone wrote: »
    I'm a luddite, been using 4-1-2-1-2 wide forever. Which variation of this fabled formation is it, narrow or wide?

I'm 4-3-1-2 love it.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I'm 4-3-1-2 love it.

Which variant jayo?

In other news. I dropped £30 on points hoping for an OTW card but alas no joy.

Yet, I did get Eriksen and Vidal so both go for 100k each roughly. And, Mikkytaran who goes for 30k ish.

I've always run with a BPL team but something tells me to sell my team up along with the three above and go Italian.

Should I?

I love Italian teams..always seem to fluid and fast attacking.
    Same for Lique1 last year.
    Have untradeable Erikson and Schmeichel but really don't want to go BPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Put in some points + did the hybrid nations sbc...Matuidi, Matic, Casemiro + Mata and I’m not sitting on 120k with a pretty decent prem side! Might do the rest of the hybrid sbc tomorrow. The packs are so good from that

• Advertisement

Did some bit of tweaking trying to fit in some untradeable players but gave up..Started buying some nice CDMs for the 4-2-3-1 everyone is raving about and discovered I was starting to buy a few Everton players. Add in Rooney as CAM and decided to splash 50K on Sigurdsson OTW and I've a pretty nice and tough midfield.
    Have still about 100K left so will be buying Bailly once Ferdinand expires and trying to decided between Jesus or Morato once Ronaldo expires...damn I'm going to miss his card..goddamn god in the game.

ZuIvGC8.png

Advertisement