Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I've tried them all. All ****e. Go with donnarumma. Best of the worst.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

3-4 in WL so far. Prime Crespo hitting 100 goals too!
    Only thing letting me down is IF Viviano in goal...any Serie A GK recommendations? Have 200k to play around with

If perin isn't too bad and won't cos too much.

I got my koke swap item and am sitting on 90k towards the last of the Spain sbc. Back to grinding coins with wins now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Is anyone else having issues with the weekly objective "score five goals using midfielders this week". Do the players have to be midfielders, does their position have to be midfield, or is it determined by your formation? Because I scored a bag of goals last night across different games with midfielders and the objective still says 0/5?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Arciphel wrote: »
    Is anyone else having issues with the weekly objective "score five goals using midfielders this week". Do the players have to be midfielders, does their position have to be midfield, or is it determined by your formation? Because I scored a bag of goals last night across different games with midfielders and the objective still says 0/5?

It has to be a player who, without a position change, is...

LM, CM, CDM, CAM, RM.

It can't be a striker you've shifted back into central midfield, or have positioned changed. So, for instance, Martial converted from LM to LF counts as a midfielder. Cavani, shifted from ST to CM, won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Lord TSC wrote: »

LM, CM, CDM, CAM, RM.

It can't be a striker you've shifted back into central midfield, or have positioned changed. So, for instance, Martial converted from LM to LF counts as a midfielder. Cavani, shifted from ST to CM, won't.

Thanks, you're a life saver

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

LM, CM, CDM, CAM, RM.

I got all mine with sterling as a striker without evening tracking it ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just lost 8-0 to a guy that had 9 shots on target in the entire game...... I had 12 shots on target with 0 goals. Changing up my squad and putting in DDG. IF Viviano is ****e

jayo26 wrote: »
    I got all mine with sterling as a striker without evening tracking it ha.

The objective came out when I was midmatch and when I finished, I had it :P

Anyway, seven games today, seven losses. In one of those ruts where I'm getting mauled and not having fun so going to take the rest of the day off. See how I'm feeling tomorrow if I want to bother continuing.

The objective came out when I was midmatch and when I finished, I had it :P

Anyway, seven games today, seven losses. In one of those ruts where I'm getting mauled and not having fun so going to take the rest of the day off. See how I'm feeling tomorrow if I want to bother continuing.

Yeah I'm feeling it hard to get motivated to play games only for my desire to get Sanchez keeps me interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I nearly have 4 of the swap players now but I'm really not bothered about any of the players on offer tbh that's why I'm not gonna bother with marquee matchups

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm feeling it hard to get motivated to play games only for my desire to get Sanchez keeps me interested.

Yeah. I'm contemplating taking a break tomorrow to gear myself up for the DKT midweek.

Upside, just have to win 9 games by 2 or more goals to get Ibrahimovic without having missed a card, so my minimum goal for the event is achieved. :) I'll try and grab the last 4 for Sanchez if I can but won't be massively annoyed if I miss him.

LOL

Just checked my tradepile to find the 17 Man City players I had in it all sold. 4k profit on each too. Handy 68k profit for the evening :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

LOL

Just checked my tradepile to find the 17 Man City players I had in it all sold. 4k profit on each too. Handy 68k profit for the evening :)

I sold Most of my pl non rare golds yesterday and netted about 120k, enough to do the Barca sbc and threw my last 4 or 5 up for sale there to try get funds for the real Madrid one now as I only have varane and I use him in my team. Also have to rebuy a LB cos I used alba in the sbc

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I sold Most of my pl non rare golds yesterday and netted about 120k, enough to do the Barca sbc and threw my last 4 or 5 up for sale there to try get funds for the real Madrid one now as I only have varane and I use him in my team. Also have to rebuy a LB cos I used alba in the sbc

Looking forward to hearing what Griezmann is like. He looks awesome, but cause I usually play 4-2-3-1, I'll probably aim to go after KdB first.

just gone to 17-2.

Elite 3 should definitely be a guarantee at this stage, unless i massively make a balls of it.

RossieMan wrote: »
    just gone to 17-2.

Elite 3 should definitely be a guarantee at this stage, unless i massively make a balls of it.

I can't even qualify so yeah elite 3, dam you :P

RossieMan wrote: »
    just gone to 17-2.

You lost two games? Maybe it's time you thought about packing it in clearly your muck ;)

Just as I said that I played 2 of the stupidest teams I've seen. Both had 93 gullit, 98 Pele, tots cards. So yea, 17-4 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I just had a guy quit when I was 5-3 ahead and I didn't get the win :mad:

I'm 13-8 and I'll probably rage quit the next time I see 99 Ronaldo.

MLS SBC done. Managed to pack Manolas, Lopez and a silver IF in my last three packs, so broke even doing it too.

Entire point of these is to get packs while also getting a high rated player to cycle into the icons later....but looking at Giovinco, I'm actually tempted to give him a few games at CAM. Looks like he might be a bit of fun.

Going to do Zanetti now. Can do him for bout 250k. I've never found a RB I've loved (unlike on the left, where I use Young a lot), so grabbing an Icon for that spot to lock it down will make that worry ease.

• Advertisement

Oh...

I can do Salah 3POTM for 200k.

Hmmm.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

tots coming soon man :)

got a stupid kit for today's stream....comes with a chem of -50 as my players continuously ran into each other, missed open goals, passed the ball to opponents ...its to be quick sold and never spoken of again.

Blazer wrote: »
    tots coming soon man :)

I can't imagine his TOTS will be under 200k though, would it? His 91 card is 488k at the moment, so a 96-98 card is going to be at least a million, right?

For 200k vs, say, 750k, I wonder if there'd be THAT much difference. Looking at his 3POTM, with an artist card, he's a 98 rated RWer :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Lord TSC wrote:
    Looking forward to hearing what Griezmann is like. He looks awesome, but cause I usually play 4-2-3-1, I'll probably aim to go after KdB first.

Got kdb he is class always in the right spot, just need 1 more player to complete griezmann but have sold pretty much everything so have to grind out 30k to get coutinho will let you know what he is like when I get him, plan to use him as super sub

Screw it, I'm doing 3POTM Salah.

Packed Alaba on my first pack, which netted me 33k on an SBC that cost me 30k. Second one, packed bugger all, so that cost me 25k.

So I'm down 22k.

Says the PL squad should cost me 140k. So should, in total, cost me about 160k, minus whatever I get in a Mega Pack and a Jumbo Rare Player Pack.

POTM Salah played his 450th game for me this afternoon. I really wish you could get stats to carry over between the same player but different versions of the card...

Right. PL part cost me 120k. Between the two packs, I got.....

Varane - 17k

Perin - 4200

Florenzi - 5700

Henderson - 2300

So, rough estimate, the entire SBC cost me about 115k altogether after selling the packed cards. Happy with that. Needed a RW player for a while and converting (and strenghtening) Salah into that position for the relatively cheap price of 115k makes me happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I've been wanting Base de gea for quite a while so I saved a few quid and got him for 150000,but now I'm struggling to see is there actually any difference between him and the Base begovic I was using,I'm half thinking of selling him again and reinvesting,or is he actually worth keeping

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I swear penalties in the WL are ****ed. I take penalties the exact same way i’d take them in seasons, the only difference being in WL they fly massively wide.

10-7 anyways for the night. Not too bad. Will just get the 11 tomorrow and call it quits. Wish I had more time to do the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I've been wanting Base de gea for quite a while so I saved a few quid and got him for 150000,but now I'm struggling to see is there actually any difference between him and the Base begovic I was using,I'm half thinking of selling him again and reinvesting,or is he actually worth keeping

I upgraded to 91 De Gea for 160k and think he's amazing, saving things he has no right to save.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

shamrock55 wrote: »

Maybe if you're playing WL each weekend otherwise sell him.
    I've been using Courtois all season and found Begovic just as good.
    More susceptible to long range goals but I found for the past 2 months people don't bother anymore with them and at close range Begovic is awesome for his price.

Advertisement