Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

4 games, 4 losses.

Yeah, I'm done for the weekend :P I'll take the five wins and move on. Can't be bothered if I'm on a losing streak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

shamrock55 wrote:
    I've been wanting Base de gea for quite a while so I saved a few quid and got him for 150000,but now I'm struggling to see is there actually any difference between him and the Base begovic I was using,I'm half thinking of selling him again and reinvesting,or is he actually worth keeping

I have found since last month that my base De Gea has become very unpredictable with a few howlers every few matches. When I'm playing against begovic he seems a bit better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Dr geas biggest weakness is low driven shots I know all keepers struggle with them but he seems worse other then that he is best keeper in the game for me I have prime schmeicheal on the bench because he is crap in comparrison.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

anyone get anything decent from watching the streams?
    I got the kits alright.
    Today there's Ferdinand, KBD, Aguero and Ronaldo. Probably one of each knowing EA.
    For the last stream in Barca they handed out 3 icons per stream..3 icons so you have a one in 90,000 at least of getting one.
    I'm not saying to throw them out like confetti but god would it kill them to throw out a 100 or a 1,000?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Not sure if people know it but holding R3 down makes the keeper cover his far post. Can be really good at stopping driven shots. Obv not all of them but its more effective than doing nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Blazer wrote: »
    anyone get anything decent from watching the streams?
    I got the kits alright.
    Today there's Ferdinand, KBD, Aguero and Ronaldo. Probably one of each knowing EA.
    For the last stream in Barca they handed out 3 icons per stream..3 icons so you have a one in 90,000 at least of getting one.
    I'm not saying to throw them out like confetti but god would it kill them to throw out a 100 or a 1,000?

I actually got an untradeable 125k pack, best player was Cazorla though.

How.long do you have to leave stream on for lads? I went on twitch app on my phone last night but didn't leave it running long

jayo26 wrote: »
    How.long do you have to leave stream on for lads? I went on twitch app on my phone last night but didn't leave it running long

I think 5 mins or so you're grand.
    Although I left mine on at work in mute for the whole stream.
    Doing the same today. Get my mobile data's worth anyway :D

I think 5 mins or so you're grand.
    Although I left mine on at work in mute for the whole stream.
    Doing the same today. Get my mobile data's worth anyway :D

When does it start I'll do same

jayo26 wrote: »
    When does it start I'll do same

about 5 hours ago lol :D
    still on though
    Turn on twitter notifications and you'll get a ping when they go live. Doesn't happen very often so you won't get spammed.
    And I do an occasional comment about every 2 hours :D
    usually along the lines of "stop giving Osmosis all the good shít...I deserve it more"...

• Advertisement

Turned on the commentary for a minute and cringe worthy stuff
    "people will be talking about that for years" er no they won't you dipshít.

one interesting fact which they mentioned ...they're all playing with unlocked accounts which means they have their pick of players.
    I suppose it wouldn't be a good advertisement for EA if players had to use their locked accounts and have a 81 Gabriel Jesus up front lol:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I tuned in yesterday during a penalty shoot out and there was some french guy screaming so I just permanently muted it.

It probably wouldn't matter if they had their own accounts since they've all probably invested thousands into it.

I got sick of mbappe up front so I converted firmino back to striker and put motm talisca at cm. It worked well and I got gold 2 with 7 games left so I'm happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Finally stumbled over the line to elite 3. What an absolute bollocks the game becomes at the top.

Finished with 18-4. not arsed playing the other 3 games. its really not worth it.

The game is decent at gold level, at elite is becomes cancerous, icons, icons everywhere.
    Through balls from the CB to the ST, rebound goals, sitting back on a 1 goal lead, you name it. Will never play to above gold 1 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,157 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Have Handanovic as my Keeper and Being honest he been very good for me.

Or maybe my expectations are way too low.:pac:

Thinking of changing my team. Have Serie A team but thinking maybe German or Spanish league. Anyone got Preferences?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Just need modric for the Spain sbc, have about 36k should have 10 more in half an hour or so. I might get it finished tonight lads :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I completed the Spanish SBC last night, got nothing or note from the packs :(

So my team now sits like this:

https://www.futwiz.com/en/fifa18/squad/787807

Had a quick game with him in squad battles and with a hunter card on him his pace is unreal, but he gets pushed off the ball too easily so might change that up to a hawk later on :)

Got all 8 FUT swap cards so far. Apart from the MM, it's been easy and cheap. I'd say this weeks MM will be even more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

That Sessegnon Championship POTY card looks tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Has there been 8?,I only have 4 without the mm but I didn't play for nearly a wk,though I missed a couple alright but never realised I missed 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Tots starts the 27th and they've opened voting for the community tots on futwiz and futhead.

The only card out of the options I'd buy is Robertson.

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Has there been 8?,I only have 4 without the mm but I didn't play for nearly a wk,though I missed a couple alright but never realised I missed 4

Yeah i thought only 5 so far cos the only one I knew I missed was the one for the DKT

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Liamalone wrote: »
    That Sessegnon Championship POTY card looks tasty!

92 finishing with 97 composure.
    Talk about a super sub.

Is there one for winning the DKT currently? Or is it the Wed/Thurs one?

Also, squad rating 79, 2 IFs? Time to finally use those useless untradeable IFs I have then :D

92 finishing with 97 composure.
    Talk about a super sub.

Yeah I did it as had couple untraceable informs I didn't realise he was rlwinger tho and not a left back do I may just use him as a sub i might try him as a 7 chem left back.

There is one for winning the DKT currently, yes.

And there has been 8. 2 are weekly objectives currently.

RossieMan wrote: »
    There is one for winning the DKT currently, yes.

And there has been 8. 2 are weekly objectives currently.

Won the DKT one there. Still haven't got the one for win games by two or more goals but worse comes to worse, I can cheese that in squad battles. Have every other one so far, so still well on track for Sanchez

I had forgotten my love of Memphis but bought his SIF there. He's awesome. Carried me through the DKT on my first try :)

If you seen the team i won my DKT with.... 81 Jesus 85 lacazette and Aaron Ramsay. Bakayoko came back, and Rui Costa in aore advanced role.

Team played very well actually. Going with 90 mertens and 87 crespo for next weekend. Should be solid.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Also, squad rating 79, 2 IFs? Time to finally use those useless untradeable IFs I have then :D

I just done it there with 2 useless ifs I had :)

Advertisement