Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Liamalone wrote: »
    I'm a luddite, been using 4-1-2-1-2 wide forever. Which variation of this fabled formation is it, narrow or wide?

Both are great, but I prefer the wide one. You can tell the wide players to get in behind, where as you can't do that for the LAM and RAM in the narrow one.

I had a lot of success with it last year. It helped me stop conceding a bunch of stupid goals with the two CDMs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Liamalone wrote: »
    Which variant jayo?

I didn't think there was variants of 4312. You can see the setup in my post earlier yesterday where I post my two squads.

Was onto was they said they having problems with transfer market and it wasn't a problem with my account so I asked him if I continue trading consumables on my console can I be banned and he said no.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

IF Fellaini incoming :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

jayo26 wrote:
    I'm 4-3-1-2 love it.

Was my formation all last year but not enjoying it this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Finished the hybrid leagues SBC, nothing much until the rare mega pack...out walks Boateng! Thought it was going to be Sule. Pity I don’t use the Bundesliga :P

Finished the hybrid leagues SBC, nothing much until the rare mega pack...out walks Boateng! Thought it was going to be Sule. Pity I don’t use the Bundesliga :P

I got isco from Lacazette pack challenges.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I got isco from Lacazette pack challenges.

They’ve definitely upped the pack weight this year..getting some good players already

Got a Pedro and Butland from the marque matchups so got my coins back.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Finally got a glimpse of a black card, Brazil flag pops up, get ridiculously excited until it fills in and reveals Hilton. :(

EDIT: turns out it was just a TOTW. As you said Blazer, they look way too similar.

• Advertisement

Also, has anyone noticed a heavy weighting on Anchor chem style cards? Got 8 in my last 10 packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

martyos121 wrote: »
    Finally got a glimpse of a black card, Brazil flag pops up, get ridiculously excited until it fills in and reveals Hilton. :(

I don't like this years black cards...too close to the TOTW cards.
    Much better last year with an all black card.

Got some decent rewards from the sbc I got alli going for 50k then got matic and mata and Pedro also and still have a few challenges to go.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Got some decent rewards from the sbc I got alli going for 50k then got matic and mata and Pedro also and still have a few challenges to go.

Think my luck ran out yesterday, got enough high quality PL cards to fill an entire squad but today I've spent a load of FIFA points and got nothing but OTW Hilton.

Good thing for me is that building a strong League 1 team is dirt cheap unless you want Mbappé in it. Upgraded Meunier, Roussilon, Rabiot and Kimpembe to Alves, Evra, Verratti and Marquinhos for less than 30k. Also got Cyprien into the team because he's being rated very highly on Futhead.

Might do a Serie A squad next time and hopefully a PL squad before Christmas when the market has its first crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Did the League and Nations Hybrid SBC and packed Coutinho and Martial. 95k between them, Martial being the most expensive non-boards player in the game.

Think I’ll be hammering out that loyalty glitch tonight for the final SBC! Expecting something good in that 50k pack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Had some really good pack luck from the 40 quid I spent on release. Got both a regular and OTW Salah; OTW Bruma and TOTW El Sharaway; also got Matip and Sane so nice PL team going. Bakayoko is a beast and Mata always first player I buy we have enough coins. Just need a proper striker now for when my Kun loan expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Had some really good pack luck from the 40 quid I spent on release. Got both a regular and OTW Salah; OTW Bruma and TOTW El Sharaway; also got Matip and Sane so nice PL team going. Bakayoko is a beast and Mata always first player I buy we have enough coins. Just need a proper striker now for when my Kun loan expires.

Jesus I blew about 100 and got hmm..****all.

Blazer wrote:
    Jesus I blew about 100 and got hmm..****all.

Yeah very lucky now I must say. Going to hold onto the Salah card but the 200k was tempting. I'm pretty crap at the game the defending is killing me. Must knuckle down and start to get games in. Anyone else use that Chelsea lad Mosunda he's a beast with 5 star skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Hunter cards going cheap at 3k at the moment.

Invested in 15 just for fun. Should be easy money.

• Advertisement

bBseGAD.jpg

So glad the IF method seems to have come to life again this year. All three bought at 10k.

Lord TSC wrote:
    So glad the IF method seems to have come to life again this year. All three bought last week at 10k.

I'm on 700k transfer profit, most from the IF method. Seems to be flying this year.

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    I'm on 700k transfer profit, most from the IF method. Seems to be flying this year.

It was super quiet last year, and really only kicked in when SBCs started needing them, but yeah, if I sold everything up now, I'd be round 700k too. Its brilliant.

Gonna try something stupid. Bought myself a Pjanic for 90k, throwing him up for 130k.

Lord TSC wrote:
    Gonna try something stupid. Bought myself a Pjanic for 90k, throwing him up for 130k.

I always stick to discards at this stage of the game. Risk free.

I think with squad battles, there will be more coins on the market this year, so should help trading.

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    I always stick to discards at this stage of the game. Risk free.

I think with squad battles, there will be more coins on the market this year, so should help trading.

Yea, I have a selection of Valbuenas, Joaquin, the Dutch striker and a few singles. It my mind is drifting to how amazing it was a few years back when you could do the bigger cards for more coins too, and I'm not really team building yet, so figure I may as well try with more expensive card.

I've seen others get a few big sales on another forum so want to see if I have any of their luck...

Lord TSC wrote:
    I've seen others get a few big sales on another forum so want to see if I have any of their luck...

Yea sales have been much better this year.

Seems pack weight is increased as well.

Love The squad battles they are a good alternative to weekend league just not as intense and if you get elite 3 it's not a bad reward. I'm just about done I don't think I'll hang on to elite until tonight but definitely have gold one.

Charley Mosunda is unreal if anyone had a PL team he should pick him up on the cheap. Keeping my salah out st moment. Unreal pace and 5* skills.

37 goals and 9 assists in 23 games for my hunter Balotelli now. Have never used a better player in FUT and I had TOTS Costa in 17. Even if you're building a Serie A or Italian team you should try him out.

• Advertisement

Elite 2 at the moment in squad battles before the last 4 games are updated. Just hope to stay in this tier now.

Could that Brazilian Ronaldo card kindly **** off though. Seems to be in every second team I play in SB.

Advertisement