Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

yea was going to mention Icardi too, but seeing as he hadn't mentioned him i assumed he already had his TIF and was looking for a partner.

it really depends on your budget.
    I'd also recommend staying away from Milinkovic-Savic. hes just not worth the coins, his card is amazing stat wise, but he doesnt exce anywhere so its hard to know where to play him. Matudi is a must as CDM for a Calcio A side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

RossieMan wrote: »
    yea was going to mention Icardi too, but seeing as he hadn't mentioned him i assumed he already had his TIF and was looking for a partner.

it really depends on your budget.
    I'd also recommend staying away from Milinkovic-Savic. hes just not worth the coins, his card is amazing stat wise, but he doesnt exce anywhere so its hard to know where to play him. Matudi is a must as CDM for a Calcio A side.

Funny you mention Matuidi. Planning on replacing him with IF Naingolan when I can afford it. Is it worth the upgrade? Happy with Matuidi but figured Naingolan is worth the upgrade. Other than that going to go from my base Pjanic to his SIF and happy out with my team then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

that salah card is a waste of money if you havent already started. wait for his TOTS card and all his informs will drop massively.

they have set it to a low value to try and get people to waste their coins.

Im nearly there now, id say it would have cost me around 150000 altogether so it's not too bad

Redo91 wrote: »
    Funny you mention Matuidi. Planning on replacing him with IF Naingolan when I can afford it. Is it worth the upgrade? Happy with Matuidi but figured Naingolan is worth the upgrade. Other than that going to go from my base Pjanic to his SIF and happy out with my team then.

they're very different players i've found. Naingolan wouldn't be the best CDM if thats what you're looking for. hes a box to box midfielder. hes better as a CM for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Typical Fifa!

Getting nowhere in dkt with my nowt special, no icon team, sbc's and deployed loan Pele and breezed through it. He's alright our Pele :)

Edit: he's awesome but I didn't milk him, I just think opponents were worrying about him lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop with these Swap cards. Like they'll ramp up suddenly in difficulty, and say "You want Sanchez? Right, to get the last swap card, submit one Special Chilean Premier League Player card"...

oh if you already have an IF salah its a no brainer.

by the sounds of it, shamrock doesnt.
    makes no sense investing 400k in an untradable at this stage of fifa.

I did,I had the 89 potm,I think it's only costing me around 100-130000 altogether to get him

You'd be off your head to go buying an if Salah especially for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

they're very different players i've found. Naingolan wouldn't be the best CDM if thats what you're looking for. hes a box to box midfielder. hes better as a CM for sure.

Ya I had the base Naingolan on loan before I got Matuidi and I found the latter offered more protection as a CDM than Naingolan although he was a great asset when it came to goals from distance with Matuidi barely chipping in.

If I’m getting him it will be as a CDM though. I already have the Hamsik SBC and Pjanic (will be upgrading to his SIF soon) as CMs. I guess I’ll just have to weigh it up. Can’t get over how cheap Pjanic is btw. Not costing much more than 100k for an 88 IF. You can’t beat the Serie A for value!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just saw Mbappe is French YPOTY again, really hope his SBC requires a special Mbappe card because I'd love to trade in the untradeable OTW one.

Just saw Mbappe is French YPOTY again, really hope his SBC requires a special Mbappe card because I'd love to trade in the untradeable OTW one.

Any idea who got the POTY award?

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Any idea who got the POTY award?

Turns out the award hasn't actually been given out yet, just seen people talking as if it has but apparently Mbappe has zero competition for it this year.

Neymar probably in with a good shout for POTY though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I'm in the same boat with an untradeable otw mbappe.

I was delighted when I got him thinking I'd have a 90 rated striker in no time and he hasn't got an inform since :o

Finished Dutch League SBC.

Coin total down 15k, but got a lot of BPL, German and Italian league players so I'm counting it as breaking even.

Russians next as the last of the older "cheap" ones, and then probably one of the big boys; Germans probably. Thiago looks tasty.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat with an untradeable otw mbappe.

I was delighted when I got him thinking I'd have a 90 rated striker in no time and he hasn't got an inform since :o

He was MOTM in their recent cup final and EA just didn't release a card for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

DbEgT10UwAAhDi6.jpg:large

I wouldnt mind getting Isco, Douglas Costa, Coutinho or Naldo :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

At this stage they’re all meh really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Blazer wrote: »
    At this stage they’re all meh really.

Not for someone with no Icons/expensive players :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hwy guys the 9th fut swap playwr is live its a sbc that requires minimum 1 Russian league player and one Serbian and 76 rated team it's really easy to do and reward is ivanovic only two more to go for Sanchez :)

2 games left and 2 PTS needed to get to div 2 for the first time,I'll probably fcuk it up now though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

shamrock55 wrote: »
    2 games left and 2 PTS needed to get to div 2 for the first time,I'll probably fcuk it up now though

yep and then the downward spiral to div 7 and all the way back up then again// its like a bloody yoyo

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Hwy guys the 9th fut swap playwr is live its a sbc that requires minimum 1 Russian league player and one Serbian and 76 rated team it's really easy to do and reward is ivanovic only two more to go for Sanchez :)

Had a bronze serbian from the Russian league thanks to BPM :)
    Then just filled in the other ten slots with Ligue 1 players.

STILL, terrified that something has to block this. Maybe the DKT was meant to be the big barrier? Only need 2 of the last 3. Starting to believe now...

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Had a bronze serbian from the Russian league thanks to BPM :)
    Then just filled in the other ten slots with Ligue 1 players.

STILL, terrified that something has to block this. Maybe the DKT was meant to be the big barrier? Only need 2 of the last 3. Starting to believe now...

Ha In same position as you I'm hoping it will be two more weekly challenges and one dkt next week.

got to be MM next week id imagine. Probably be 2 in it which will see the costs skyrocket.

All the cards really arent that great when you go looking at them, really not sure will i bother with any of them. might go the ultimate pack route.

got to be MM next week id imagine. Probably be 2 in it which will see the costs skyrocket.

All the cards really arent that great when you go looking at them, really not sure will i bother with any of them. might go the ultimate pack route.

The reason I want Sanchez is because I had his arsenal inform playing as a 7 chem striker and I really liked him so I'm thinking he should be better as a 10 chem and it's costing pretty much nothing apart from headaches so it's no brainer for me.

Haven't played this week so didn't manage to get the Mendy, think I can still get 11 anyway, probably go for either Ibra or the 125k pack.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

2 or 3 more games and I'll have 2 tokens so I'll pick up Henderson.

Started working away on the Bundesliga SBC.

Second team I finish packs me Ibrahimovic for an easy 30k.

Forth team, Dortmund (which btw gives a Prime Gold Players pack for 10k) netted me Salah, who sold for 30k :D

Won div 3 with a game to spare,first time in div 2,think I need to strengthen my team though,first up potm salah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Up to seven FUT swap players now having got Ivanovic, just need four more...

• Advertisement

Arciphel wrote: »
    Up to seven FUT swap players now having got Ivanovic, just need four more...

Which one did you miss?

Advertisement