Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Even with 3POTM Salah, the SBC would cost me round700k. And I wouldn't get THAT much of an upgrade, I feel.

Rather hold my coins till TOTS now. It's way overpriced the SBC imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Looking for a bit of advice.

Basically wondering should I be hoarding packs won from SBs from now until when the TOTS is released or should I be opening them now.

On the one hand by waiting I’ll have that glimmer of hope of packing a TOTS card. However, by the time I do open them the market will have completely crashed and if I don’t pack any TOTS cards (pretty likely to be fair) then I will make less from the sales than if I open and sell now before the market has crashed.

I’m very happy with my team as it is (obviously not taking into account what the TOTS players will be like) so don’t need to make major changes.

This is my first year playing FUT for a while so just wondering what have people done in the past.

Think its personal preference.

I never hold packs cause I never believe I'm lucky enough to get TOTS players. I'm never luck to get great players either way.

At the same time, I also want the coins back asap to reinvest in other places (trading, SBCs, etc). If you're not bothered about that, and you've got the patience, it cant hurt to hold them a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I personally can’t hold packs. I hate seeing that little red number beside the “Store” icon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Holding packs is definitely the key. Prices will actually increase when tots comes due to sbcs. It's pretty low atm so no point selling now unless you have players from the Salah/sane SBC.

• Advertisement

I'm using that's loan If Giroud to try and get the weekly objective...Jesus, he's so clunky.

Upside, Sanchez is now officially in my squad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm using that's loan If Giroud to try and get the weekly objective...Jesus, he's so clunky.

He is slow, isn't he.

Haven't tried him yet tbh, but I know how this will end :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Sanchez feels really good used him for about 15 games over the weekend loved him.

wonski wrote: »
    He is slow, isn't he.

Haven't tried him yet tbh, but I know how this will end :)

Had a game there where he missed five clear cut chances. I never think Icons or top level strikers make a mad difference but taking the step down is more obvious.
    jayo26 wrote: »
    Sanchez feels really good used him for about 15 games over the weekend loved him.

Just trying to figure out where to slot him in now. CAM or Striker.

Had a game there where he missed five clear cut chances. I never think Icons or top level strikers make a mad difference but taking the step down is more obvious.

I have him as a striker I think he is a little bit too small for cam but might be worth a shot.

• Advertisement

That's even worse if he gets the shots and wastes them...

There is a reason I stick with Suarez, not just because he is untradeable ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Only played a couple games but I is a lot of fun, started using L1+L2 dribbling and it's impossible to lose the ball with him doing it.

Only played a couple games but I is a lot of fun, started using L1+L2 dribbling and it's impossible to lose the ball with him doing it.

What's this l1+l2 dribbling? I just run in straight lines :(

jayo26 wrote: »
    What's this l1+l2 dribbling? I just run in straight lines :(

L2 is shield the ball and L1 is really close control, only found out recently they work together. With a strong striker you can basically turn your back to the defender, then spin 180 to face the goal while they follow behind you.

L2 is shield the ball and L1 is really close control, only found out recently they work together. With a strong striker you can basically turn your back to the defender, then spin 180 to face the goal while they follow behind you.

Holding both together? I use them alright but never at same time.

Cheers for the replies! My main concern about holding packs is that prices will have dropped by the time I open them but if that isn’t the case then I’m definitely happy to hold on. Any improvements I want to make aren’t that urgent as I’m happy with the players they would be replacing anyhow.

Redo91 wrote: »
    Cheers for the replies! My main concern about holding packs is that prices will have dropped by the time I open them but if that isn’t the case then I’m definitely happy to hold on. Any improvements I want to make aren’t that urgent as I’m happy with the players they would be replacing anyhow.

My view is that unless you hit one of the tots players in those packs, you will be dissapointed ;)

Obviously you can only get them when they are in packs, so it is your choice.

My view is that unless you hit one of the tots players in those packs, you will be dissapointed ;)

I know! It’s the hope that kills you. I suppose my attitude would be that if there is little to be lost whether I sell now or when the TOTS is out then I have nothing to lose. But ya my pack luck has been pretty poor. I’ve probably backed 5-6 players worth over 20k but nobody higher than 30k.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Beat a fella 14-0 in dkt,I was 5 up after 20mins and he still wouldn't quit,I then lost the next game 6-1 lol!!

there is nothing of value in packs at the moment. (no special cards i mean)
    literally no point opening them if you dont mind saving them.

Best you'll do now is 250k if you manage a Neymar(realistically no chance of getting him or anyone higher). but when TOTS comes out you've a chance to pack even a ****ty TOTS, even the crap ones will sell for 1-200k.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    there is nothing of value in packs at the moment. (no special cards i mean)
    literally no point opening them if you dont mind saving them.

Best you'll do now is 250k if you manage a Neymar(realistically no chance of getting him or anyone higher). but when TOTS comes out you've a chance to pack even a ****ty TOTS, even the crap ones will sell for 1-200k.

There is no value in packs at any moment, but I get your point ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Yeah I’m just going to save my packs until they’re released including a few SB packs.
    Also they’ll be the sbc packs for each league which will give you a great chance of getting tots players. I got something like 5 lique 1 players last year and I only did a few of the sbc.
    This year I’m holding all my gold 83 and lower players.

I don't think your sentence sounds any better than mine. It wasn't wrong.

I don't think your sentence sounds any better than mine. It wasn't wrong.

Err I wasn’t saying anything about your sentence? I was simply stating what my plan was :)

Ah I misread your post. I thought you were correcting what I said. My bad.

But yea, packs are absolute ****e this year, they really need to change something for next year. People will not make the same mistakes buying points as they did this year.

Ah I misread your post. I thought you were correcting what I said. My bad.

But yea, packs are absolute ****e this year, they really need to change something for next year. People will not make the same mistakes buying points as they did this year.

I’ve been saying this since the Star Wars debacle. The loss EA made on having to remove loot boxes affected packs in fifa badly. Since then pack drops went significantly downhill and a lot of the guys on YouTube commented on the same issue.

Blazer wrote: »
    I’ve been saying this since the Star Wars debacle. The loss EA made on having to remove loot boxes affected packs in fifa badly. Since then pack drops went significantly downhill and a lot of the guys on YouTube commented on the same issue.

Did you ask osmosis what his opinions were on this? Haha

Based on what I saw from TOTY this year it definitely looks like pack weights have dropped massively

Based on what I saw from TOTY this year it definitely looks like pack weights have dropped massively

Definitely.
    I buy a lot of packs also and the weights have dropped big time. I don’t include players like Neymar ,Messi etc but the whole 84-88 pack weights are ridiculously low.

• Advertisement

How dare you!!!! You have no idea what it's like to have no pack luck you scoundrel.

Advertisement