Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

that would be pretty nice then/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Top this, Osmosis.

Just packed a Draft Token.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Top this, Osmosis.

You got me :(

World Cup mode announced, due to release May 29th, so only a month away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

And World Cup icons coming with the new World Cup mode!!

And World Cup icons coming with the new World Cup mode!!

Well that just killed vanilla mode

• Advertisement

World Cup mode in 14 was brilliant, sounds like they're doing everything the same this year, only with added Icons too. Really hoping there's no market and everything is untradeable again, no mention of it though,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Told you there would be more icons ;)

Didn't make sense for them to release them all, they need to keep people spending.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Told you there would be more icons ;)

Didn't make sense for them to release them all, they need to keep people spending.

There is one blessing in it. No Ireland so no getting crap Irish players.
    Also buying a World Cup pack gives you the same pack on ut. But the last time this happened I had something like 50 packs or so that I never opened as everyone played wc mode until fifa 19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Managed to win the dkt on my second attempt. Came up against a guy with prime Ronaldo in the final and beat him 3-2 :D

I was all excited for tots firmino and now I'll have about two weeks to use him before everyone moves on to the world cup :o Still though it looks fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Blazer wrote: »
    There is one blessing in it. No Ireland so no getting crap Irish players.

You can still get players from tunisia, panama and peru :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

In World Cup mode can you use coins already accumulated, if so it nearly makes sense to start selling up now

Confirmed there's no transfer market in it, all untradeable. Last WC every pack you bought in WC you got a duplicate pack in normal FUT. Also got a 1 player pack every single game. Pack weights were much higher because everything was untradeable too. I'm still gonna spend all my coins on tots and just see what I have left at WC time.

Confirmed there's no transfer market in it, all untradeable. Last WC every pack you bought in WC you got a duplicate pack in normal FUT. Also got a 1 player pack every single game. Pack weights were much higher because everything was untradeable too. I'm still gonna spend all my coins on tots and just see what I have left at WC time.

I wouldn’t bother mate unless you plan on doing the weekend league.
    Once the WC mode is released vanilla mode is dead and buried.
    Although they’re saying new chemistry changes coming for fut?

Lordy, that's amazing.

I ADORE no transfer market. And that kills the market on the normal one too, I reckon. Cause no one will spend big now.

Excited though.

Ah here, I think it saying your current coins won't be useable in WC mode. You'll be starting from scratch, and relying on either buying packs OR earning them the hard way....

EDIT: Nope, source has clarified that as incorrect. Carry on.

Stealing from Reddit

Gathering all known info:

World Cup Mode will be available to play on May 29th

You can play the whole tourney, with all authentic teams, kits, badges, ball. You can even customize one of the teams with a non-qualified nation if you choose (USA, Ireland, etc.).

You can experience the World Cup in kickoff too with authentic stadium atmospheres. All 12 stadiums from Russia are included as well. The title update will include new broadcast packages too.

No Transfer Market in the World Cup mode. Players can get WC players through packs, either by buying them with points/coins or by earning them through SBCs and the various FUT game modes.

World Cup FUT will only include players from the 32 qualified nations, as well as ICONS.

Dynamic WC FUT Items: Built to match real world performance, World Cup items will update based on the performances of players who stood out on match day, with upgraded stats, ensuring a fresh and relevant experience for the entire tournament.

Double Pack Incentive: For every Standard or Premium pack you purchase in FIFA World Cup Ultimate Team, you will receive equivalent pack value in FUT 18.

Players in World Cup will have refreshed ratings as well, along with a new Chemistry system that focuses on confederations and nationalities.

Coins and FUT points ARE sharable between FUT 18 and World Cup 18. It's a shared wallet, so not a 'transfer' as such. You have access to your balance within both modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

World Cup mode in FUT seems to be much the same as 14, and that mode was my favourite thing in Fifa ever

Can't wait for it, TOTS is the same as it is every year but world cup mode hasn't been around for 4 years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I love World Cup mode too....played that non-stop in 14. Can’t wait for it to be back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Top this, Osmosis.

I'll top it, one of the weekly's a few weeks ago gave me a gold pack from a pack and inside that gold pack was a draft token :P

Blazer wrote: »
    I wouldn’t bother mate unless you plan on doing the weekend league.
    Once the WC mode is released vanilla mode is dead and buried.
    Although they’re saying new chemistry changes coming for fut?

Don't really mind working from scratch for the WC mode anyway, was good fun in 14. And I think the chemistry change is just making note of the fact that rather than links being from Club and Country the links in FUT World Cup will be from Country and Continent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Don't really mind working from scratch for the WC mode anyway, was good fun in 14. And I think the chemistry change is just making note of the fact that rather than links being from Club and Country the links in FUT World Cup will be from Country and Continent.

I'm hyped for this in fairness, I haven't played any fifa day 1 so normally am 6+ months late to the party so I'll enjoy a fresh slate same time as everyone else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

This might sound silly but I hope pack weight, at least to begin with, is low in World Cup mode

When it first came in 14 nobody really knew what to expect and obviously didn't prepare like are likely to do now in 18, I know myself I could have 1.5m to spend and that'll buy a lot of packs in the mode which will sort of dilute it if pack weight is anything near decent if there's no incentive to grind the mode

Once the mode drops I think I'll sink my coins into one of the prime icons so I have to start from scratch in the wc mode since it's a genuine grind to get better teams

This might sound silly but I hope pack weight, at least to begin with, is low in World Cup mode

When it first came in 14 nobody really knew what to expect and obviously didn't prepare like are likely to do now in 18, I know myself I could have 1.5m to spend and that'll buy a lot of packs in the mode which will sort of dilute it if pack weight is anything near decent if there's no incentive to grind the mode

Once the mode drops I think I'll sink my coins into one of the prime icons so I have to start from scratch in the wc mode since it's a genuine grind to get better teams

Christ no. Let pack weight be high.
    And if they go by the last time the mode won’t drop. They might do it this time though to keep up pack sales in vanilla mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,157 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just quick 1 for a Noob

Are the SBC worth it? For example. The Marquee Match Ups? Or better off to save coins.

Did 3 for last week but MLS one looked expensive or be worth it for Main pack you get at end?

Just quick 1 for a Noob

Are the SBC worth it? For example. The Marquee Match Ups? Or better off to save coins.

Did 3 for last week but MLS one looked expensive or be worth it for Main pack you get at end?

It really depends on pack luck or if you've got disposable coins.

I've got about 80% of the league SBCs done but I've broken even on most thanks to collecting cards over the year and packing some decent things during it.

I do the Marquee matchups most weeks cause I tend to have most of the cards to hand. I dont think I'd do them, though, if I had to spend more than 20k on them. I've also reached a point where I don't think I can massively improve my team without some massive pack luck and thus have nothing else to spend coins on but SBCs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Just quick 1 for a Noob

No answer to that mate if you get a good player it's worth it. Alot of lads will say that the matchup packs do seem to have better luck then most other packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,157 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Cheers for that lads

Might just do them for few weeks and see how I go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Can someone clarify the DKT requirement for the TOTS Callejon? I think I’m right in saying it’s for the DKT on Wednesday. Is it simply a case of winning that? Seems too good to be true for such a good card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Redo91 wrote: »
    Can someone clarify the DKT requirement for the TOTS Callejon? I think I’m right in saying it’s for the DKT on Wednesday. Is it simply a case of winning that? Seems too good to be true for such a good card.

It's the dkt that's live today it finishes tomorrow morning but yes it's as simple as winning that and you get the card.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    It's the dkt that's live today it finishes tomorrow morning but yes it's as simple as winning that and you get the card.

Urgh it’s so annoying playing it.
    First game the ball was in the net before I knew anything about it. Stupid servers.

Advertisement