Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Did a few gold upgrades.

IF Hilton popped. He'll come in handy on SBCs, I guess. :P

Got Mascherano and Kovacic as well to start a Spanish League side.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Elite 2 at the moment in squad battles before the last 4 games are updated. Just hope to stay in this tier now.

Could that Brazilian Ronaldo card kindly **** off though. Seems to be in every second team I play in SB.

Pretty sure you're safe, this is the final day and it goes to next week tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Lord TSC wrote: »
    bBseGAD.jpg

So glad the IF method seems to have come to life again this year. All three bought at 10k.
    what r u doing to make a profit,new to this

Pretty sure you're safe, this is the final day and it goes to next week tomorrow.

I've finished all my games and I'm on 45K. Elite 2 is 41.5K at the moment. Hope it doesn't creep up with 2 hours to go. It was around 37K earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

When do the weekly packs go up? Thought it was at 12am last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

blaa85 wrote: »
    When do the weekly packs go up? Thought it was at 12am last year.

I'm thinking 1am? This is when the game unlocked so just wondering if its the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Yeah it's 1am still in summer time and the squad battle rewards should be same time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I've finished all my games and I'm on 45K. Elite 2 is 41.5K at the moment. Hope it doesn't creep up with 2 hours to go. It was around 37K earlier.

Platform? I'm on the PS4 and it's showing Elite 2 is 37, 609 with 15 mins left.

ok packs are in :)

argh..another 75 rated loan totw striker..

Gold 1 rewards :D

IMG_20171002_010823.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Blazer wrote: »
    ok packs are in :)

argh..another 75 rated loan totw striker..

I got Pjanic. Might use him for my Italian team.

Oh for anyone who likes to trade with squad fitness cards the gold ones are only 600c right now, should be double that by next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Bought a Fabianski + a few Adan to see if I can kick start my IF trading for this year. Hopefully will stick with it this time round

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Lost six of my first ten games in division 10, mostly to full gold PL teams probably worth close to 100k. Tbh I miss the days of hammering bronze teams with 30 chemistry in the majority of my division 10 matches

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Gold 1 rewards :D

Elite 2 and the best I get is Schneiderlin (for the third time today). :mad:

Oh for anyone who likes to trade with squad fitness cards the gold ones are only 600c right now, should be double that by next weekend.

I sold loads for 1000 :) Couldn't wait any longer.

Where are all these Hunter cards coming from btw??? I only got one or two packed, but they keep coming on the market.

I hope I am not going to wait more than a week or two to cash out on 30 of them now.

wonski wrote: »
    I sold loads for 1000 :) Couldn't wait any longer.

Where are all these Hunter cards coming from btw??? I only got one or two packed, but they keep coming on the market.

I hope I am not going to wait more than a week or two to cash out on 30 of them now.

I bought about 30 of them as well in the hopes of a quick profit. Gave up after a few hours and cashed out for same.
    There's a tonne of them out there.

Son and Sturridge in my preorder packs this morning. Grand "free" additions to my BPL team :)

v3ttel wrote: »
    Platform? I'm on the PS4 and it's showing Elite 2 is 37, 609 with 15 mins left.

Xbox.

Nothing of note in my 2 mega packs or 2 pre order jumbo Packs. Didn't even get a shiny player in one of the jumbo Packs.

Gary Cahill the top rated player I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Decided to spend €30 on fifa points. Pulled Alaba and Asensio which brought me quite close to 100k which is nice as I haven't even began to build a team yet.
    Can anyone actually telling me what sniping is. I thought it was watching a player thats listed and jumping in with a higher offer at the last second but I presume I am wrong.

• Advertisement

14murphy wrote: »
    Decided to spend €30 on fifa points. Pulled Alaba and Asensio which brought me quite close to 100k which is nice as I haven't even began to build a team yet.
    Can anyone actually telling me what sniping is. I thought it was watching a player thats listed and jumping in with a higher offer at the last second but I presume I am wrong.

Searching for a player at well below market price and trying to snatch them up as soon as they're listed. Works far better on the web app as the market refreshes quicker.

Going to try a Ligue 1 team for a while. First proper investment into a team. Trying the 4-2-3-1 thats getting raved about online. Not sure about Seri yet; might switch him for Ballotelli, but not sure how he'd do as a CAM.

f1cf2456-e628-4fa3-a589-aab3f82c9d6c.png

Has to be Ben Arfa as CAM. With 5 stars he’ll rip teams apart especially with a hunter card.

Ben Arfa is gold. Falcao got me 5 goals in 5 matches, his shots have a power when you get into right position.

Searching for a player at well below market price and trying to snatch them up as soon as they're listed. Works far better on the web app as the market refreshes quicker.

It actually works far better on console its way faster what you do is put your max bin to what ever you want then on the max price put it higher then the bin and search then come back out rise up the max price again and search again it refreshes market each time and you do it in spit seconds when you get used to it.

Hey guys any of ye on Xbox want to play in an online league we are organizing on boards? Need just a few more more players should be a bit of fun.

Blazer wrote: »
    Has to be Ben Arfa as CAM. With 5 stars he’ll rip teams apart especially with a hunter card.
    wonski wrote: »
    Ben Arfa is gold. Falcao got me 5 goals in 5 matches, his shots have a power when you get into right position.

Loved Ben Arfa last year, but worried about his stats a bit. I don't really skill that much, so am trying Seri first for the higher shooting and passing stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I envy all of you who actually get good players in packs.

2011 my UT club was established and i've never got a player worth over 25K.

This year no different put €50 quid in, including for the jumbo packs and the best player I got was Mathieu.

I envy all of you who actually get good players in packs.

2011 my UT club was established and i've never got a player worth over 25K.

This year no different put €50 quid in, including for the jumbo packs and the best player I got was Mathieu.
    I’ve been playing FUT since it began in 2009 and reckon I’ve spent the bones of over 1k.
    In that time I got Ronaldo I think in 2012, TOTY Pogda in 2014 and got OTW Jesus last year.
    Before they locked the market down I used to just buy the coins from 3rd party rather than waste it on packs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Loved Ben Arfa last year, but worried about his stats a bit. I don't really skill that much, so am trying Seri first for the higher shooting and passing stats.

I've used nothing but Ligue 1 so far so I'll give whatever tips I can based on my own style of play:

I only use the same three or four skills moves (and one extra one for 5*s) and Ben Arfa does the job better than most with them, can't remember what chem style I've on him but he also makes great runs off the ball and constantly ends up on the end of crosses (not always a good thing given his height though). I have Seri as a sub and he's grand, nothing special, but it's usually Verratti I swap him out for instead of a CAM.

If you find Mandanda good, stick with him, but IF Samassa goes for discard value and he's the closest thing I've seen yet to a FIFA 17 keeper. In defence, Florentin Pogba is great but I'm sure more expensive defenders will do the same job and score the odd goal from a corner too. Marquinhos isn't really worth the coins even though he's not that dear and I find 76 rated Kimpembe better. Haven't tried Glik or Perrin because their pace doesn't look great but if they work for you, I might have to look into them myself.

Just a few others:
    I find Meunier better than Alves at RB
    Roussilon is great at left back, keeping my Evra out of the team
    Verratti and Fabinho are amazing, play every game for me and wouldn't replace them for anyone
    Give Cyprien a try too, I play three CMs and he's the third, just as good as the other two
    Sneijder, Jovetic and Pastore are all average enough, wouldn't bother with them tbh
    Get Balotelli into the team with a pacy chem style, even as a sub. Strength, pace, finishing and dribbling, only Cavani could really compete with him.

None of that might be any use to you if you play the game very differently (possession and patience for me, >60% possession usually) but sure it might come in useful to someone if not yourself. :)

Advertisement