Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

RossieMan wrote: »
    Why do you play WL anyway?

A question I ask myself weekly :pac:
    Why do you play WL anyway? The mode is dead, the only reason to play is for rewards, but if you aren't getting gold there really isn't any point as the silver rewards are generally ****e.
    Seasons gameplay is so much better than WL, which makes no sense.

Tbh, I enjoy Fifa (even if it doesn't show) but the rewards from playing the weekend league outweigh the rewards from seasons for me.

I've got 800k in the bank, 6 icons that will always be locks for my team, a few higher rated players like Sanchez and Salah. So the prizes for Seasons, a few thousand coins, really do nothing for me.

The packs you get for weekend league, even if they are typically ****, still have more potential to give me more than playing through seasons mode. 11 wins still gets you a mega pack (I think), and I enjoy the hype of getting those packs.

As far as "gamplay" being better, I rarely find it is now tbh. I hover round Div 2 and 3, and find its much the same as weekend league anyway.
    I'm going to play Fifa anyway, and the possible rewards from WL are better for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

That's fair enough. Nice to see if from your side of things.

I personally wouldn't be able to play for 11 wins, it's all or nothing really with me. I'm happy with gold 1 as you get elite 3 monthlys out of it. Even though alaba 87 is the only monthly I use.

That's fair enough. Nice to see if from your side of things.

I personally wouldn't be able to play for 11 wins, it's all or nothing really with me. I'm happy with gold 1 as you get elite 3 monthlys out of it. Even though alaba 87 is the only monthly I use.

I suppose its an expectations thing. I don't set the bar at Gold 1 cause I know I'll never achieve it. But I know my "level" is around 11 wins out of 40. If I get more, then I've had a good weekend.

I'm willing to accept my limitations there, and ultimately, if I can feel I've challenged myself and done better than what I figure my level is, then I get a sense of achievement.

I admire people who can do better, but I'm not going to say "Ugh, i suck compared to them, so I won't bother".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Some serious coins to be earned out there this week because of the dkt tournament. I started off on 130k I'm up to 600k now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

jayo26 wrote: »
    Some serious coins to be earned out there this week because of the dkt tournament. I started off on 130k I'm up to 600k now.

How you managing that if you don’t mind me asking? Trading high value players is it or fitness cards? I’ve no serious coins left after building my latest team so in need of new earning methods badly. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

EA obviously doesn’t think I’ve enough forwards in my team.
    Every bloody tots sbc I do is a forward. At this rate i have something like 8 forwards who can all go into my first team.
    Hell my subs bench is Sessegnon, Overmars, Owen, Balde Diao.
    Although you can be guaranteed next week for the BPL all I’ll get will be defenders.

I actually really admire that lord_tsc. I'd love to have your love for the game. To me it's a grind, when I'm winning I'm hammering people. When I lose I can't string 2 passes together, it's like the game wants me to lose. It doesn't even give me a chance.

Hopefully the world cup mode is the breath of fresh air FIFA needs. No money needed for packs, all untradables. Should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭lillielad

Bought a pack for 25000 only had 49000 coins cause I seen you fcukers getting class rewards best player I got was Gary fcking Medel....25,000 for Gary Medel....

Never, ever use coins for packs. It's a fools game.

I actually really admire that lord_tsc. I'd love to have your love for the game. To me it's a grind, when I'm winning I'm hammering people. When I lose I can't string 2 passes together, it's like the game wants me to lose. It doesn't even give me a chance.

Hopefully the world cup mode is the breath of fresh air FIFA needs. No money needed for packs, all untradables. Should be interesting.

You can get your life there will be money needed for packs.. yes you may earn packs from playing the game but I can't see pack weight been that good.

• Advertisement

Sold alot that hour Hahaha

20180503_185147.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Sold alot that hour Hahaha

20180503_185147.jpg

Fair play to ye, I wouldn't have the time nor patience for that craic lol

Liamalone wrote: »
    Fair play to ye, I wouldn't have the time nor patience for that craic lol

That's only a glitch haha I donno why it happens but sometimes when you come out of the market it shows a really mad high number of items sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

87 Thauvin from Silver 1 monthlies...not bad at all!

88 Naldo from my Elite 3.
    Then Adan and some other 86 keeper.
    Few usable cards anyway.

3 75 Silvers I'll never use. :P

Fernandino in my first pack though, though I'm keeping him towards SBC DeBryune.

I LOVED world cup mode last time. And honestly, if they did away with the transfer market long term, I wouldn't care. WC mode was brilliant and I loved getting to hybrid new teams.

Plus its nice to have a soft reset, with regards not having to play my main team because of what untradeables I have.
    You can get your life there will be money needed for packs.. yes you may earn packs from playing the game but I can't see pack weight been that good.

Last time round, pack weight was awesome. it was perfectly possible to get the top players. I remember reading that all cards were weighted the same, basically. But even apart from that, there's such a reduced pool of players to pack so it boosts chancces. Plus last time you got a free player after every match.

Looking through the Fifa 14 World Cup thread, I found this post from 2014...
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Finally won the WC. No stupid hoofball tactics by my opponent. 1-0 down till the 70th minute and then 4 goals to win :D

Team was...
    neuer
    Lichsteiner - Pepe - Chiellini - Vertonghen
    Fabregas - Schweinsteger - Modric
    Shaquiri - Sturidge - Reus

Blew all the prize on more packs :P

I went with the South American teams.
    Always killed me to pick Neymar over Rodriguez on the LW.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Must sell up everything soon try and get maybe 2000000 for wc

Unless you've a god team of tradable icons, you won't get near 2million selling your team. Prices are about to plummet, most peoples team will have a value of 1 million max.

I wish you luck though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just went 7-0-0 to win the Division 3 title. Never even been near Divison 2 before, I don’t know what’s going on but I’m afraid to stop playing while I’m in this form. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just went 7-0-0 to win the Division 3 title. Never even been near Divison 2 before, I don’t know what’s going on but I’m afraid to stop playing while I’m in this form. :pac:

Keep 'er Lit!!

RossieMan wrote:
    Unless you've a god team of tradable icons, you won't get near 2million selling your team. Prices are about to plummet, most peoples team will have a value of 1 million max.

Have Kane toty along with one or two other high value cards

unless you plan on changing leagues I'd be keeping toty Kane.
    Although if it was me I'd sell him immediately and buy tots Firminho..His 87 card is amazing so how good will his tots card be.

Blazer wrote:
    unless you plan on changing leagues I'd be keeping toty Kane. Although if it was me I'd sell him immediately and buy tots Firminho..His 87 card is amazing so how good will his tots card be.

Love Kane toty, my thinking is though that once world cups mode starts regular fifa will be pretty much finished, usually stop playing the game around June anyway

seamie78 wrote: »
    Love Kane toty, my thinking is though that once world cups mode starts regular fifa will be pretty much finished, usually stop playing the game around June anyway

yeah that's what happened back in 2014.
    However you can be sure EA will be constantly pumping out SBCs for vanilla mode to keep people interested in it.

You guys think they'll up the requirements for the BPL Untradeable TOTY SBC? (Thats a lot of acronyms).

I like my Hamsik but can't work him in to my team really, due to how many midfielders I have. So I reckon I will trade him in for a shot at a BPL player, and with his high rating, I reckon I could fill it in with a load of non-rares if the requirements stay the same...

Definitely. I'd be surprised if it's not an 84 rated team.

Definitely. I'd be surprised if it's not an 84 rated team.

Yeah, figured. Still, 93 rated Hamsik should still make an 84 rated team easy enough to do.

Futbin has their prediction for the line up.

https://www.futbin.com/news/articles/106/PL_TOTS_Predictions

Looking at that, with the exceptions of De Gea or Salah, pretty much ANY of those cards would fit better into my teams than Hamsik would. DDG cause I have Schmichael and Salah cause I have his 3POTM anyway. Actually, Pope would be beyond useless too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah, figured. Still, 93 rated Hamsik should still make an 84 rated team easy enough to do.

Futbin has their prediction for the line up.

https://www.futbin.com/news/articles/106/PL_TOTS_Predictions

Looking at that, with the exceptions of De Gea or Salah, pretty much ANY of those cards would fit better into my teams than Hamsik would. DDG cause I have Schmichael and Salah cause I have his 3POTM anyway. Actually, Pope would be beyond useless too.

They seem to have TOTS predictions for every league bar Serie A!

Advertisement