Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thanks for all of that, Martyos.

The keeper one was something I was considering. I had Mandanda from an untraceable pack, hence why I stuck him in for now. But I'll defo try out some of the other things you mentioned :)

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

So after some novice sniping and mediocre trading this is the team I’ve built for my first few games tonight. Still have som coinage left and a few fifa points so I’m hoping you guys and suggest some upgrades. Trying to pick up Michail Antonio at a cheap price but it’s harder than it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

IF anyone wants to buy a spare PC version of FIFA 18 with pre-order bonus standard edition, I accidentally bought 2, so I'm selling for 45e. Apologies if against charter, you can delete

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Thanks for all of that, Martyos.

The keeper one was something I was considering. I had Mandanda from an untraceable pack, hence why I stuck him in for now. But I'll defo try out some of the other things you mentioned :)

Got 25k for part of my squad battles reward so I'll try out Cavani tonight who isn't a whole lot more than that. I'll probably throw him in instead of Plea and put an Anchor style on him, so he'll be quicker, stronger and lethal in the air.

Jaysus I'm enjoying FUT this year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Lads, to redeem the squad battles packs, do you have to log in via console? Haven't had them through the webapp today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just wondering, if a player is selling for max BIN, is it likely his price range will be increased in the near future?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

hots wrote: »
    Lads, to redeem the squad battles packs, do you have to log in via console? Haven't had them through the webapp today?

has to be through the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just wondering, if a player is selling for max BIN, is it likely his price range will be increased in the near future?

Don't think the bin range increases

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

As usual, got the square root of f*ck all in my Elite 2 reward packs and the pre-order packs.

They seem to have made trading more difficult on the web app. I listed up lots of cards I've been trying to make a profit on, and now it doesn't save the price you've previously listed them at like all the years before. I was listing up cards and only copped that they were all starting at 150. I ended up taking loses on all of them, mofos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Squad battles is great, its flooding the market and making sbc's super cheap.

I have about 400k to play with and that POTM Mane tempts me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I envy all of you who actually get good players in packs.

2011 my UT club was established and i've never got a player worth over 25K.

This year no different put €50 quid in, including for the jumbo packs and the best player I got was Mathieu.

Packed Benzema after my rant.

Worth it.

Can't buy a win in Div 7 for love nor money :(

No, seriously, send help :(

7 games, 7 losses. No bs either, just utter difference in skill level.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

No, seriously, send help :(

7 games, 7 losses. No bs either, just utter difference in skill level.

That's what happens in the early stages of the game when everyone sets out in lower divisions

I'm gonna stick to squad battles and offline seasons for a couple of weeks anyway to get a team I'm comfortable with and used to the game itself

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'm finding the game is all about passing and making space.
    Even the slowest players with a good pass can get past the defence.
    Also noticed that either I've dramatically improved over a weekend where I was working in single player as last week I could barely get a win under pro in battles and now I'm waltzing through teams. Am passing the ball a lot better though.

4231(2) man, opens up so much space for runners and your striker

its been a game changer for years for me and now its unbelievably effective

Toobz wrote: »

Tried it but I feel it leaves my striker isolated.

Feel I'm doing best with two strikers up front and two wide players.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Toobz wrote:

Toobz wrote:

What kind of custom tactics are you running

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I've been mainly playing squad battles so far, but it seems like having a strong striker is so much more beneficially than having a pacy one. I'm not sure how that'll translate online.

I'm up to 100K now, not sure whether to invest in a sh!t load of cards I know I will make profit on when prices start to rise in the next few weeks, or to just go buy Willian, Gabriel Jesus and a decent keeper so I can play divisions. I bought Martial and playing him at LM in 4-2-3-1 and he's scoring at least one per game.

What kind of custom tactics are you running

Hey man I've attached them, I was gold 1 last year and held my own against top 100's last year. Haven't played much this year but when I have 4231 (2) has been good to me.

Tsc as disgusting as it is musa has been top notch for me and I find my cam runs into any space that appears as if you were using a second striker.

• Advertisement

Low driven shots make me hate this game.

Whoops! Here's the custom tactics

https://m.imgur.com/a/kT2JW

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Caved and spent a tenner on packs. Literally nothing of note in any of them except Cuadrado.

What's the best route to go down here? Sell him for the circa 20,000 he appears to go for, or keep and build a Serie A/Italian side?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Lord TSC wrote:
    Can't buy a win in Div 7 for love nor money

I'm the same in division 8. 5 played and 5 losses. Always concede in first 10 mins for some reason then make a good comeback before losing it late. Very fustrating. Defending is very hard and the keepers seem awful except against me haha but that's my fault. Going to stick to squad battles for next few weeks I think. Sane Gabriel Jesus and Chsrley Mosunda the stand out players for me so far plus Bakayoko.

I'm the same in division 8. 5 played and 5 losses. Always concede in first 10 mins for some reason then make a good comeback before losing it late. Very fustrating. Defending is very hard and the keepers seem awful except against me haha but that's my fault. Going to stick to squad battles for next few weeks I think. Sane Gabriel Jesus and Chsrley Mosunda the stand out players for me so far plus Bakayoko.

Preach to this. My last 2 games in division 8 have been 6-4 and 7-4 defeats. I just can't defend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Any legends show up yet
    I'm still trading havent signed anyone yet whos standing out

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭polarbearhead

Were we supposed to get the packs today on the standard edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

It's my first time playing FUT and I'm atrocious. It's an absolute nightmare. I can barely get a goal let a lone not lost by about 5 goals. I've trying a super defensive formation with 5 at the back now. I've played a couple of matches and I'm still losing. I've set my two midfielders to remain back and the other two to one go wide and the other cut-in. Single striker. I've hit a brick wall. I just don't see what else I can do. It's really off putting and I'm just about to pack it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Toobz wrote:
    Whoops! Here's the custom tactics

Thanks man, Im always interested in seeing others tactical approach to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

It's my first time playing FUT and I'm atrocious. It's an absolute nightmare. I can barely get a goal let a lone not lost by about 5 goals. I've trying a super defensive formation with 5 at the back now. I've played a couple of matches and I'm still losing. I've set my two midfielders to remain back and the other two to one go wide and the other cut-in. Single striker. I've hit a brick wall. I just don't see what else I can do. It's really off putting and I'm just about to pack it in.

Try squad battles or offline seasons at a difficulty you're comfortable with. When you're able to comfortably beat that difficulty move up a difficulty level. Online at this time is so hard.

I think everyone is finding defending hard this year so it's not just your problem, it's even harder in FUT than regular offline like career mode

Advertisement