Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Oh ffs I finally got one 52 packs in and it's Firmino, who I got about 2 hours ago in the TOTS SBC :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Getting Sane means dropping Kane and picking up Mahrez for RF in a 4-3-2-1 formation.
    With the money from Kane I was able to buy 90 rated Bergkamp, base De Bruyne and tots Young :)
    If Bergkamp doesn't work out I can swap in Rooney or splash out on petit etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Oh ffs I finally got one 52 packs in and it's Firmino, who I got about 2 hours ago in the TOTS SBC :p

Send him to my account haha

Extra Firmino sitting in my unassigned pile now means I can't actually open any packs until I get rid of him, which won't be until Sunday when the next SBC is out.

Extra Firmino sitting in my unassigned pile now means I can't actually open any packs until I get rid of him, which won't be until Sunday when the next SBC is out.

That sucks

• Advertisement

Sane is unreal. His speed is fantastic.
    However Mahrez is my favorite. The closest player to him would be Ronaldinho or Neymar. All the little flicks and fancy football makes mincemeat of defences and coming in from the right with his left leg is a guaranteed goal.
    90 Bergkamp is fantastic as well. And Young, if you can afford it get him. Between his sheer speed helping to track back he’s lethal going forward as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Sorry to interrupt the chat but only coming across this thread now, only started playing Ultimate Team in the last 2 weeks or so, is there any obvious ways of getting coins fast or else getting good packs?? I see guys on here talking about having 500,000 coins.. Did yous play matches to get this many coins or am I missing something here? I have like 8,000 coins and a pretty average team of players around the high 70s mark. Were you all extremely patient in building up your teams/coins or what is the fastest way of doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Opens pack, English, Oh F You EA ...

Harry Kane

Delighted with that :D

Sorry to interrupt the chat but only coming across this thread now, only started playing Ultimate Team in the last 2 weeks or so, is there any obvious ways of getting coins fast or else getting good packs?? I see guys on here talking about having 500,000 coins.. Did yous play matches to get this many coins or am I missing something here? I have like 8,000 coins and a pretty average team of players around the high 70s mark. Were you all extremely patient in building up your teams/coins or what is the fastest way of doing it?

Yeah all of us would have been playing since the game launched last September.
    Some of us do trading , buy packs , play the weekend leagues etc all of which provide more money and players. There’s also squad battle mode which is handy for extra cash too.

Just realized my squad is a 89 rating. My highest in over 10 years of playing fut was a 87 so it’s been a good year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Could you use him in an Icon SBC to get better value out of him?

• Advertisement

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Could you use him in an Icon SBC to get better value out of him?

Actually not a bad idea at all, if I've got the players available for one of the squads that pays out with a 100k pack I might do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I'm so bad at this years fifa... i've said it before but I honestly have no idea what i'm doing wrong. I think maybe i'm trying to "play real football" when that maybe isn't an option this year.

I can see why the twitch streamers aren't really playing much recently. It feels like my opponents want to just play ping pong and make passes that clearly shouldn't be on but know that every once in a while one will break through... very rarely do I see someone try to beat me with a dribble and skill moves feel like they've gone the way of the dodo.

anyway i'm just ranting cause I lost in yet another DKT final... :P

Oh for Fifa 13... :D

Traded Firmino in along with an 88 squad for the Maldini SBC, 100k pack best player was Fahrmann though :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I'm so bad at this years fifa... i've said it before but I honestly have no idea what i'm doing wrong. I think maybe i'm trying to "play real football" when that maybe isn't an option this year.

I can see why the twitch streamers aren't really playing much recently. It feels like my opponents want to just play ping pong and make passes that clearly shouldn't be on but know that every once in a while one will break through... very rarely do I see someone try to beat me with a dribble and skill moves feel like they've gone the way of the dodo.

anyway i'm just ranting cause I lost in yet another DKT final... :P

Oh for Fifa 13... :D

Totally agree with you there is a way to play fifa and to score and to defend and if you don't learn them ways well you won't do much of it counting on real life knowledge as such.

Thats just the way it is tho to be fair I go from enjoying it to hating it is but I'm really feeling that this will be my last fifa it takes up a lot of time and effort to do anyway well in it and I'm not sure I want to do that again for another year so I'm going to enjoy my super team for the last few months and hope i can resist all temptations next year.

Alright new theory:

I made 30 packs and opened them all at once, got nothing, then I spent my remaining coins on doing more packs and did them one at a time and got Firmino.

Well I just did a few more after selling the contents of the 100k pack, did them a couple at a time again and well, I got Lukaku :D

So 2 TOTS in about 60 of them, but 2 very good TOTS, happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Had 50 fifa points left over from the only time I spent money on packs a few months ago. Put 2.50 with it and entered the draft for the first time in months.

Had a 90 rated squad with 100 chem and 99 ronaldo along with in forms and tots in all the starting slots.

Destroy the first guy. Second guy I go one nil up and the game starts freezing with lag. It continues to do so until the 90th minute when his 79 musa literally walks straight through my 96 bonucci. And then he scores a kick off goal from my kick off in what must have been the 20th minute of injury time :mad::mad:

What do I get ? 3 non rare golds and a couple of silvers. Not even a draft token :mad::mad: I thought it couldn't get worse than weekend league but this made me rage like nothing else.

To top it off I did 5 more pl player packs and the only board was a duplicate untradeable 83 :o

But still though I'm staying positive I'm sure I'll get something in my wl rewards :rolleyes::pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jayo said it yesterday but I'm feeling the same; don't think I've ever had a team this good tbh.

OoTOvub.jpg

jsLeZ8u.jpg

Young is the only tradeable card there. Everything else is untradeable. I've jumped a bit back and forth between playing with wingers and not; when I'm not, Costa and Hamsik come in for a 4-2-3-1.

I'm tempted to do one last icon for CB. I've got 560k coins left, and I've got a tonne of untradeables from various league SBCs I can burn too.

Rio looks too far out of my price range.

I reckon I could do Nesta for about 250k, or blow all my coins on Blanc. Literally, he'd finish off my coin total.

Usually, I'm bouncing between two hundred teams between now and end of the game, but I feel as if I can't really get much better than what I have (at this point, results are based off my own inadequacies).

Leaning towards doing Nesta, and then basically stepping away from trading and such, and saving coins for WC mode....

Wouldn't touch Nesta, just go all out for Blanc

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Folks, will there be a Serie A TOTS SBC ? Ive ditched all my teams bar the italian lads and would love a few to slot into my squad.
    Or maybe I have missed it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Did about 20 & 10 of each of the upgrade packs last night, sweet **** all, I think maybe 5 boards in there. Blitzed through 10 of the premSBCs, sweet **** all too (literally nothing higher than an 84). Dumped Criscito into the tots SBC fully expecting his holiness, and ended up with David Silva! Not top of my wishlist but prompted a changeup in my starting XI:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Galway_2016

The TOTS SBC's have been fairly good to me so far. Got Fernando (meh) the first time, followed by Fabinho, Sterling and Alli. Fitting them all into a squad together is the next task!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

14murphy wrote: »
    Folks, will there be a Serie A TOTS SBC ? Ive ditched all my teams bar the italian lads and would love a few to slot into my squad.
    Or maybe I have missed it.....

I am wondering the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

is anyone else trying to build up coins for wc mode

Wouldn't touch Nesta, just go all out for Blanc

He'll cost me 520k of my 560k but it might be worth it. Gonna start reading reviews of Blanc now.
    seamie78 wrote: »
    is anyone else trying to build up coins for wc mode

Actually, Im tempted to "Road to Glory" it a bit, to have a bit of a challenge. Just rely on the coins I make from playing the mode, and the free packs they give out....

Damn servers are down.

Any9ne else not actually looking forward to world cup mode? Haha I dont want my team to become useless now when everyone else is ayimg world cup wohld like a run to the end :(

Similar to tsc I can't make it much better over 90 rated players in all positions.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    He'll cost me 520k of my 560k but it might be worth it. Gonna start reading reviews of Blanc now.

Why don't you just get tots vertongen he is as good as any icon mate I like him.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Why don't you just get tots vertongen he is as good as any icon mate I like him.

Might do. He'd be a better investment I guess. And I should try him before I destroy my coins. :) I'll give him a whirl this week.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Might do. He'd be a better investment I guess. And I should try him before I destroy my coins. :) I'll give him a whirl this week.

As far as defenders go he is doing good job for me he seems to be excellent at interceptions which help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Redo91 wrote: »
    I am wondering the same thing.

As far as I know I haven't seen anything, but I may have missed it :(

Advertisement