Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Redo91 wrote: »
    I wonder sometimes if the developers play/watch football at all. It’s ridiculous how regularly you hit the post in this game. Over the last 4 games I’ve hit it 11 times (3x3 and 2x1). How often do you see the woodwork hit in real games. Even if I’m not hitting it numerous times a game hardly ever goes by that I don’t hit it at least once.

What makes it all the more frustrating is that this happens to me on FUT and I often miss out on scoring the five goals as a result. I wonder is it limited to FUT or is it like this across the game?

Overmars is the worst I’ve found. I’ve never seen a player hit the post so many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Grabbed the ROTW TOTS last night, some brazilian RB SBC fodder. Then thought I'd rinse a couple more regular PL packs and finally got a decent pull! TOTS Matic strutting out :)

Will be running:

Courtois
    Alaba-Luiz-Bailly-Walker
    Matic
    Thiago-Silva
    R.Costa
    Larsson-Ibra

Think Thiago is the next one to get bumped out, he's good but not special, and Silva is a much much better small, perfect passing CM. Was playing with Fred in the middle and he felt much better than Thiago tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Got Arias in the Row SBC last night
    I could use Lozano for full Chemistry but I've already got 2 right wingers in Sterling and Mahrez
    What should I do?

hots wrote: »
    Grabbed the ROTW TOTS last night, some brazilian RB SBC fodder. Then thought I'd rinse a couple more regular PL packs and finally got a decent pull! TOTS Matic strutting out :)

Will be running:

Courtois
    Alaba-Luiz-Bailly-Walker
    Matic
    Thiago-Silva
    R.Costa
    Larsson-Ibra

Think Thiago is the next one to get bumped out, he's good but not special, and Silva is a much much better small, perfect passing CM. Was playing with Fred in the middle and he felt much better than Thiago tbh.

In fact if I donate Thiago to the last Petit SBC I'm not a million miles away from getting him into that LCM spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

hots wrote: »
    In fact if I donate Thiago to the last Petit SBC I'm not a million miles away from getting him into that LCM spot.

Petit is excellent great around midfielder.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I ****ing dread facing Petit in matches. He always seems to tear me apart. Physically winning the ball with ease, running up the pitch and piledriving it into the goal.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I ****ing dread facing Petit in matches. He always seems to tear me apart. Physically winning the ball with ease, running up the pitch and piledriving it into the goal.

MrBurnsExcellent.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

4 games won in Div 4 leaving me just needing 4 points for promotion to div 3 with 6 games remaining.
    First game guy invites me to party , asks me if he can do the tots assist and the la liga objectives and he’ll let me win the match.
    He’s sound so I let him do the objectives and don’t bother scoring as I still have 5 games left and sure it’s a piece of cake.
    I then proceed to lose every game bar a draw in one and end up losing out on promotion.
    How i didn’t smash my tv I don’t know.
    What’s even worse if I had taken the win as the guy has offered I would have been promoted. Stupid game.

Lord TSC wrote: »

Yeah his standing tackle is brilliant he barges players off the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

So since he's been released I've been grinding away at his SBC. Today I finally finished it. Ive got my first ever Icon and my childhood idol !
    https://ibb.co/njcwgJ
    So this is my team now. Any suggestions ? Maybe swap Allan for Naingollan ?
    https://ibb.co/iPXU1J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

3 at the back is suicide against even a decent player. You'll be torn apart, I wouldn't play with 7 chem at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Front 3 of Ronaldinho, TOTS Firmino, and EOAE Kaka is so much fun. Bit mad that Kaka feels like a better striker than both TOTS Lukaku and Prime Henry.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

RossieMan wrote: »
    3 at the back is suicide against even a decent player. You'll be torn apart, I wouldn't play with 7 chem at the back.

Not if you know how to play it. I only play three at the back in all game modes and my win loss records are great. It’s only suicide if you don’t know how to use it effectively.

I played a 352 earlier this year and had good fun with it, you can expose your opponent pretty well if you play lots of cross-field passes.

I played a 352 earlier this year and had good fun with it, you can expose your opponent pretty well if you play lots of cross-field passes.

I use 5212 a bit it's the best of both worlds I use it to switch to if I'm playing someone that's high pressing me.

Planning on doing more upgrade packs once rare gold prices come down. Did just two more there and got Mane, so that's 0 in my first 51 and 3 in my next 12 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Maybe be for your play style but I’m absolutely dominating with it since I changed to it last week. Your right about Sandro tho I will be changing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Did the Zaha SBC....purely for the packs. Got nothing in it tho. Just a single 83 and a few 82s. Sacrificed TOTS Davies for it.

Really? What division are you playing in?

I've tried 3 at the back in draft and been annihilated.

La Liga TOTS next, gonna be a lot of Pope-type players I'd imagine, but someone has to get one of the big boys from the guaranteed packs.

• Advertisement

Just got Delle fuken alli in my weekend league packs can't bloody believe it I only made silver one hahahaha I now.have my first ever 91 rated squad over the moon.

20180510_191401.jpg

That's a pile of bollocks, to be honest. Just highlights everything that's wrong with pack weight in the rewards. Have a look at Twitter and the rewards, I got elite 3. All players seem to from the EPL TOTS. Haven't seen anyone pack anyone decent. Silvers should not be getting TOTS players.

Delighted for you, though. Serious squad you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Gold 2 rewards: Rare Gold pack - discard in form. Rare Mega pack 1 - Mkhityran.
    Rare Mega Pack 2 - not even a board :(

I don't mind though because it gave me just enough coins for tots Firmino :D:D
    I was pretty lucky as I got a fresh one for 630k and he's gone back up to 670k now.

In 3 divisions matches he has 9 goals and 2 assists :D

Potm Zaha is pretty good too. He'll make a nice super sub.

Won the DKT for Davies, first one I've actually one for TOTS, card doesn't look very good, gonna use him for the SBC pack on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

That's a pile of bollocks, to be honest. Just highlights everything that's wrong with pack weight in the rewards. Have a look at Twitter and the rewards, I got elite 3. All players seem to from the EPL TOTS. Haven't seen anyone pack anyone decent. Silvers should not be getting TOTS players.

Delighted for you, though. Serious squad you have.

Ah here... less of the entitlement.

Pyjamarama wrote:
    Ah here... less of the entitlement.

It's not entitlement. It's bollocks the way the rewards are done. How can someone who's finished silver get better than the top players. Look at some of the videos, the rewards are shockingly bad.
    If it's like this next year the game will be dead by Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

It's not entitlement. It's bollocks the way the rewards are done. How can someone who's finished silver get better than the top players. Look at some of the videos, the rewards are shockingly bad.
    If it's like this next year the game will be dead by Christmas.

The don't get better rewards. Packs are random and the top players get more and better packs. The weight of the packs is what it is and variance is what it is. You know what you're signing up for when you play. EA don't hide the reward structure from anyone. If people haven't figured out that getting annoyed about pack weight after how many years of FUT then I don't know what to say...

I do however think the WL system is inherently flawed as a concept. Certainly if the concept is that the game is the "competitive mode". Tho the rewards are not the issue, if you just rewarded the top players with the best cards then it would create a gulf early in the game which people would stuggle to overcome.

what do you mean Ea don't hide the structure? of course they do. noone knows how pack weight is done.

And they obviously don't give better packs to the better players, its why elite 1 is generally worse than silver.
    The better players should be rewarded more for their efforts, it shouldn't be luck based.

This is the worst year for rewards, by far. Its why so many people don't even bother playing WL.

what do you mean Ea don't hide the structure? of course they do. noone knows how pack weight is done.

And they obviously don't give better packs to the better players, its why elite 1 is generally worse than silver.
    The better players should be rewarded more for their efforts, it shouldn't be luck based.

This is the worst year for rewards, by far. Its why so many people don't even bother playing WL.

What he means is they dont hide the pack structure of what you earn and totally disagree with you a mega pack should be a mega pack no matter what way you earn it.

I got silver because I didn't finish my games but if I k ew that is have no chance of pulling a good player what a the incentive for me to play weekend league?

They reward the best players by totw packs and icons packs and what not obviously your not that good so your getting rewarded with coins and rare mega packs and player packs.

• Advertisement

I finished elite 3 as stated and got Snodgrass and cairney. I don't see your point.

Advertisement