Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

RossieMan wrote: »
    I finished elite 3 as stated and got Snodgrass and cairney. I don't see your point.

The point is players ain't the reward the pack that your opening is the reward and you know this before you ever start playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

This is my team at the moment: https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/5161782

I usually sub Rabiot on for Wijnaldum.

I want to buy tots Arias and then hopefully get a centre back or midfielder from the rest of the tots sbcs.

Definitely the best team I've had in any fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Failed to qualify for wl,I reached final once,usually beaten in 2nd game,finding the lvl pretty tough now,even though I'm still in div 2 in seasons it's like dkt is a different game,finding it hard to score, defending isn't too bad tbf,I dunno what's the story

Gyan84 wrote: »

I want to buy tots Arias and then hopefully get a centre back or midfielder from the rest of the tots sbcs.

That's some team in fairness

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Failed to qualify for wl,I reached final once,usually beaten in 2nd game,finding the lvl pretty tough now,even though I'm still in div 2 in seasons it's like dkt is a different game,finding it hard to score, defending isn't too bad tbf,I dunno what's the story

It's pretty much because of all the tots rewards for winning dkt mate. The players that usually don't need to play it are all playing it now because of the rewards.

• Advertisement

I get ya,it's bloody frustrating though

Some lads were saying they find 3 at the back good,what formation works best I might give it a go

I get ya,it's bloody frustrating though

Yeah it can be unfortunately but they should have it as a separate tournament so the people that need dkt for weekend league quali don't have to go up against the top players.

Who would be the best pl striker for headers,I'm thinking of changing my small pacy striker and fireing in more crosses which I don't normally do much

Toty Kane would probably be the best followed by his tots, Lukaku tots and any of Giroud's special cards as a cheaper option.

I used the 86 Giroud before Christmas and I liked him but Lukaku still has over 90 pace so he'd be better if you have enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Some lads were saying they find 3 at the back good,what formation works best I might give it a go

4312, 442, 4321 are my favourites. 4312 is my most used....so easy for hybrids and an all-round great formation.

I'm worst ever for getting goals from headers they always go to opposition keeper anyone got any tips?

I'd love to be able spam crosses when chasing a game the odd time but I never get them close they always go to the keeper. I have had success with lobbed passes from the wings they seems to be more accurate then crosses for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yeah... Firmino's the best

CookedHandmadeAfricangroundhornbill-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Gyan84 wrote: »

How do you find R9?
    I’ve read various reviews on him most of them now good?

I have Jesus 81 as my striker with 93 Salah and tots son either side,I love Jesus but I'm wondering is it worth me saving a few quid for his 84 card even though it ain't cheap,or even his 83 card,I do like my pace up front

Believe it or not I'm actually struggling to score at the moment,averaging 2 a game online

Yeah... Firmino's the best

CookedHandmadeAfricangroundhornbill-size_restricted.gif

Was that a no-look goal lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

jayo26 wrote: »
    I'm worst ever for getting goals from headers they always go to opposition keeper anyone got any tips?

I'd love to be able spam crosses when chasing a game the odd time but I never get them close they always go to the keeper. I have had success with lobbed passes from the wings they seems to be more accurate then crosses for me.

I tend to push close to the touch line and draw the keeper then whip it back post or top of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Really? What division are you playing in?

I've tried 3 at the back in draft and been annihilated.

Got promoted into Div. 4 last night. Not the best player but I was Division 8 ten days ago.
    Saying that most of my games are who can score the most goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Ah let's see does it work in the higher divisions against Ronaldos and salahs. I find the pace to be a problem.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

3atb is grand IF you keep your defenders deep. I've enjoyed using it cause it tends to give you an extra player up the pitch, but if you come accross someone who plays a very wide game, it can be tough. Against someone though who focuses through the center, I think its fun.

Lads, do I remember people in here using IF Allan? I wanna try Hamsik in a 4-2-2-2 in a CAM position so need a new CDM. Allan gets good chem thanks to same team links, and is nearly discard too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Allan is a good CDM. At this stage of FIFA though, he'll get walked on. It's it's just casual and not division 1 or 2, you'll be fine with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Ah let's see does it work in the higher divisions against Ronaldos and salahs. I find the pace to be a problem.

This is the highest I've ever been in 5 years of FUT for me. Very happy with it. Defenders deep is a must.
    And yeha it does feel like you have an extra man in the attack. Larsson is ****ing ridiculous boy the way.

Blazer wrote: »
    How do you find R9?
    I’ve read various reviews on him most of them now good?

Yeah I think he's really good. His finishing is great and he seems to always get control of the ball after a dodgy tackle or some other eaids that results in a lot of undeserved goals.

A million coins is way too much for him at this stage though and he only has 77 stamina so he hardly ever plays 90 minutes for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Supposed La Liga TOTS leak

Dc6-TfMWkAAH7Xz.jpg:large

Lots of players there that'll be going straight back into another SBC if I get them. Maybe one person here can get one of Ronaldo/Messi/Suarez/Griezmann.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

But all very high rated, will churn my brazilian rotw tots card into one of these hopefully and then have a 90 & 91 to go into the 87 rated Petit last SBC, nearly there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Seen a lot of people raving about TOTS Son lately so I decided to pick him up and use him on 7 chem as a striker

One Fut Champs game, 4 Goals and a first half rage quit later

I think this could be the start of something special ...

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    Seen a lot of people raving about TOTS Son lately so I decided to pick him up and use him on 7 chem as a striker

One Fut Champs game, 4 Goals and a first half rage quit later

I think this could be the start of something special ...

Judge him over 10 games and report back :)

I'm playing sane as a striker beside kane and love them both so much really enjoying how my team is setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

Will do the La Liga TOTS SBC in the hope of a Ronaldo or Messi, but would be happy enough with any of the defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

jayo26 wrote: »
    Judge him over 10 games and report back :)

I'm playing sane as a striker beside kane and love them both so much really enjoying how my team is setup.

Oh I have absolutely no doubt that after 10 games through nobody’s fault but my own he’ll prob have around 7 goals, but I’ll always have the first game :D

I have him as a left striker with Shevchenko on the right and TOTS Kane in behind as a CAM

• Advertisement

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    Oh I have absolutely no doubt that after 10 games through nobody’s fault but my own he’ll prob have around 7 goals, but I’ll always have the first game :D

I have him as a left striker with Shevchenko on the right and TOTS Kane in behind as a CAM

I'm using zaha and dele alli as my two cams and have to say they going brilliant so far zaha is brilliant so much pace.

Advertisement