Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Got Saul he ain't too bad in terms of been 92 rated so he will go back in on Tuesday for another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Saul looks like a great card, as does parejo. I wouldn't be sending them back in. They're one of the better ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Godin which is grand. Bought him this morning for 150 and he's up to 190 so a bit of a profit to be made there too.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Saul looks like a great card, as does parejo. I wouldn't be sending them back in. They're one of the better ones.

Yeah I think Parejo could be very good with a shadow card in one of the CM roles in 41212

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Filipe Luis from mine...not bad. I won’t use him, so I’ll probably just throw him back into the other one on Tuesday

• Advertisement

I don't need him he is very good alright bit just don't need him he don't fit anywhere need my team.

His have people only 1 tots card? They were practically giving them away for weeks. I think I've r untradable one in my club, along with 4 tradable ones I'll sell on. Haven't even done the weekly objectives this week yet.

His have people only 1 tots card? They were practically giving them away for weeks. I think I've r untradable one in my club, along with 4 tradable ones I'll sell on. Haven't even done the weekly objectives this week yet.

I've 3 that I use I'm playing pope and have givinco and calejon on bench and Saul that I won't use

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just played a guy in WL who had Prime Ronaldo as his 4th highest rated player and quit after 10 minutes as soon as he went 1-0 down.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Just played a guy in WL who had Prime Ronaldo as his 4th highest rated player and quit after 10 minutes as soon as he went 1-0 down.

I can never understand why people do that.
    I've often been 2 or 3 nil down at half time and come back to win.
    The second half always swings your way if you're losing i find.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    I can never understand why people do that.
    I've often been 2 or 3 nil down at half time and come back to win.
    The second half always swings your way if you're losing i find.

Yeah I had won a couple games in a row so when his team appeared I figured I was in for a scheduled loss. Was a weird one though, he had TOTS Salah in CM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got godin which I'm happy with as I need a center back.

14-5 in WL and I've come to the usual issue, I just can't be arsed to play another 20 or so games.

i packed Hernandez from the La Liga, going for 80k.

Bollocks to that.

14-5 in WL and I've come to the usual issue, I just can't be arsed to play another 20 or so games.

Wouldn't blame you when you see the below video.
    I watched a pack opening stream last night where they guy had 3 players.
    1 finished 1st in the world, the 2nd guy finished 21st and the 3rd finished 42nd or something.
    Player 1 gets out nothing out of his 5 ultimate packs and gets tots Delli Alli out of his tots pack (rest of the tots pack was crap).
    Player 2 gets nothing out of his 4 ultimate packs and gets tots Lukaku from his tots pack and the other 5 players out of his tots pack were all epl.
    The guy who finishes 42nd?
    He gets 3 x ultimate packs and 1 x tots pack.
    Out of his ultimate packs he gets tots Firminio and tots Lukaku and still has his tots pack remaining and gets Fernandiniho and Sane out of his pack.
    I can only imagine what Rossie thinks about it :)

Mbappe wins YPOTY, now to hope for an SBC tonight

Okay 3 quits within the first 20 mins in a row now, maybe I will get a few more wins tonight.

Yea I've seen neps video. Just shows the fairness in the game. Sure I've done it all year and got sweet **** all from my packs. No icons, no ifs. My best packed palyer had been lacazette near the start, he was selling for 180k but I kept him. Worth 14k now. :p

Yea I've seen neps video. Just shows the fairness in the game. Sure I've done it all year and got sweet **** all from my packs. No icons, no ifs. My best packed palyer had been lacazette near the start, he was selling for 180k but I kept him. Worth 14k now. :p

How is it not fair? I hate to rethread this argument but one guy got more packs than the other guy, so he got better rewards which he has earned. Its irrelevant what is in those packs. Card weight is what it is.

But he didn't get better rewards. Pack wirght isn't irrelevant. It's what the problem is.

• Advertisement

But he didn't get better rewards. Pack wirght isn't irrelevant. It's what the problem is.

correct.
    The guy who finished 42nd ended up with approx 4 times the value of what the guys who finished 1st and 21st did.
    The higher you finish the better the rewards should be except in Fifa's case it's all immaterial.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Got kroos, changing my team to a 4321 to see how he is.

Blazer wrote: »
    correct.
    The guy who finished 42nd ended up with approx 4 times the value of what the guys who finished 1st and 21st did.
    The higher you finish the better the rewards should be except in Fifa's case it's all immaterial.

Unless you view the packs as their blind value which when the awards are packs is the way you have to view it. The guy who finished first got x amount of coin value in packs.

If they were giving away guaranteed players then you would have a point but they don't. This knowledge is something everyone knows. You can't play 40 games knowing this and then complain about the outcome. You can complain about the idea that they give out packs and not real players but there are two sides to this coin. If they gave out guaranteed icons then you'd basically ensure that the people who win early continue to win when card availability is so low in the early game.

Well YPOTY Mbappe is out and the requirements are ridiculous, no special Mbappe needed though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Well YPOTY Mbappe is out and the requirements are ridiculous, no special Mbappe needed though

Mbappe's OTW has been so disappointing for me. Nearly every second week he'd be in the predicted totw and he'd never get in to the actual one. Told myself it'd be grand because I could trade him towards his poty and now this :(

His sbc should be half the price it is plus a special card imo.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Unless you view the packs as their blind value which when the awards are packs is the way you have to view it. The guy who finished first got x amount of coin value in packs.

If they were giving away guaranteed players then you would have a point but they don't. This knowledge is something everyone knows. You can't play 40 games knowing this and then complain about the outcome. You can complain about the idea that they give out packs and not real players but there are two sides to this coin. If they gave out guaranteed icons then you'd basically ensure that the people who win early continue to win when card availability is so low in the early game.

I get what you're saying but pack weights this year are ridiculous and have been since the Star Wars fiasco.
    EA lost out on millions on that and are making it up by reducing the pack weights in Fifa and other games. Some people might think its a conspiracy theory but I used to buy packs on a regular basis since FUT launched back in 2009 so can see how bad they've gotten. Even the streamers have noticed it and called it out and have moved on from fifa. If it wasn't for the weekend league the game would be dead and buried really as there would be no-one promoting it on the streams.

The only reason I added the video was to show it doesn't really matter where you finish outside the top 100 as regards packs.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Mbappe's OTW has been so disappointing for me. Nearly every second week he'd be in the predicted totw and he'd never get in to the actual one. Told myself it'd be grand because I could trade him towards his poty and now this :(

His sbc should be half the price it is plus a special card imo.

Yeah 850k for an untradeable card when his TOTS will probably be about 600k is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone have TOTS Sergi Roberto/Parejo/Guedes/Rodrigo? Recommend them?

Theyd be replacing SIF Vrsaljko/SIF Isco/SIF Guedes/Suarez.

Said I'd just play until I got another loss, finished 18-7. think I could get near Elite 3 if I ever had the time to play all 40.

• Advertisement

Said I'd just play until I got another loss, finished 18-7. think I could get near Elite 3 if I ever had the time to play all 40.

25 games..damn I might just about make that in a week :).

Advertisement