Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

depending on your funds, i'd go for someone like Baby Ferdinand. Really not much difference to his prime and much better than any BPL centre pack. All the TOTS lack sheer pace, which is all that really matters as you have 2 very good CDM's to protect them.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

I've got 1.4m only because i accidentally sold TOTS Suarez, who i might buy back, so wont have enough funds for ferdinand for a little while. WIll have to stick to standard players for the most part. Could probably do a back 3 of Azpi - IF Nacho - Varane that would have good pace + strength and will feed well in to chem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Blazer wrote: »
    to be honest I noticed very little difference between 81 Jesus and his IF card.
    His base card was ridiculously OP at the start of the game and probably still is.
    I dread seeing him in a team as he's guaranteed to score.

I know I've had his base card for ever now and I just can't drop him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I've got 1.4m only because i accidentally sold TOTS Suarez, who i might buy back, so wont have enough funds for ferdinand for a little while. WIll have to stick to standard players for the most part. Could probably do a back 3 of Azpi - IF Nacho - Varane that would have good pace + strength and will feed well in to chem.

They are loads of better forwards for half the price have a good look at what's there before going buying him back.

I swear by 96 Kane and he is dropped to below 600k now that's unbelievable value for the best finisher in the game.

jayo26 wrote: »
    They are loads of better forwards for half the price have a good look at what's there before going buying him back.

I swear by 96 Kane and he is dropped to below 600k now that's unbelievable value for the best finisher in the game.

I have untradeable TOTS Kane, but i cant seem to use him as he feels so lethargic on the the ball. Might be fun to get some legends involved, base Ronaldo or even just 91 Owen would go well i imagine.

• Advertisement

Jayo have you used or seen Suarez? He actually looks like the best striker card in the card. His finishing is insane. Makes kane look nothing. Kanes TOTS card is grand, nothing special.

TOTS Parejo from marquee matchups there. Cracking.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Jayo have you used or seen Suarez? He actually looks like the best striker card in the card. His finishing is insane. Makes kane look nothing. Kanes TOTS card is grand, nothing special.

I have looked at him and the only area he is clearly a winner is his pace is 3 extra Kane has better shooting and better passing and plus five physical so your statement of making Kane look like nothing is a little bit wrong and Kane is less then half the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Hoping to somehow get lucky and make about 200k from Gold 3 rewards tomorrow, should be enough along with some untradeables to get Prime Maldini if I can manage that.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I have looked at him and the only area he is clearly a winner is his pace is 3 extra Kane has better shooting and better passing and plus five physical so your statement of making Kane look like nothing is a little bit wrong and Kane is less then half the price.

stats aren't everything. I.e. Lozano and Alessandrini.

There is a reason Kane is from the most expensive league and costs a third of the price.
    I have the Kane card, his shooting for 99 finishing and decent long shots is massively suspect. Crespo is much better.

• Advertisement

Anyone ever use any of the shevchenko cards

Well the ROTW SBC has gotten a bit too expensive now, 84 rated team with 1 TOTW and it has to be 80 chemistry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Anyone ever use any of the shevchenko cards

Yep have his prime and he’s one of my favourite players this year so much so that when I packed TOTS Kane last week I switched Kane to a CAM so I could keep Shevchenko in the team (670 games, 600 goals)

stats aren't everything. I.e. Lozano and Alessandrini.

There is a reason Kane is from the most expensive league and costs a third of the price.
    I have the Kane card, his shooting for 99 finishing and decent long shots is massively suspect. Crespo is much better.

They aint everything yes but if you ignore the stats your only going on your opinions and how you play them some people don't get the hype about Lozano it's down to styles.

I've used 96 Kane for the past 2 months he has over 300 goals for me in just over 200 games and playing in a front two and if you ever read my comments over the time his shooting is insane so he needs is a shot on goal from anywhere inside or just outside the box.

There is noway that Suarez makes Kane a nothing player... maybe he doesn't suit your style or whatever that's fine bit he is far from a nothing or average striker in the game he is insane good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Toty Kane is a fantastic player. Even his POTM card was fantastic and I scored a shedload of goals with him. Once you play to his strengths there’s no other player as clinical as him when it comes to scoring goals.

I said TOTS did I not? I feel his card is broken, it should be good, but it's just not working to what his stats say he has. He scores for me, but yes not as clinical as Crespo who according to the stats, should be worse than him.

Apparently Suarez is better than R9, that's according to some of the pros I follow. He's suppose to be broken.

I said TOTS did I not? I feel his card is broken, it should be good, but it's just not working to what his stats say he has. He scores for me, but yes not as clinical as Crespo who according to the stats, should be worse than him.

Apparently Suarez is better than R9, that's according to some of the pros I follow. He's suppose to be broken.

And I clearly said at the start I'm talking about his 96 card.

Yea just spotted, apologies.

Kane is grand, but you won't be getting elite 1 with him. He's just not the meta for the game at its current state.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

That dynamic image really makes me want that Salah card :)

Yea just spotted, apologies.

Kane is grand, but you won't be getting elite 1 with him. He's just not the meta for the game at its current state.

99 percent of ultimate players could have Houdini and they won't get elite one.

Kane scores tons of goals for me and sane beside him has a crazy high scoring rate now too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Getting extremely frustrated with ultimate team, only started playing it around 2 weeks ago, in division 7 online seasons at the moment and getting absolutely spanked in every game, have lost like 10 of my last 12 games or something (managed to avoid relegation in my first season somehow). Every team I come up against has ridiculous squads with icons and the likes of Ronaldo, Salah, Sane etc. They feel like they are faster, stronger and quicker to the ball in every sense making it almost impossible. They create so many 1 v 1s with the keeper against me and never miss, in more than half of the games I'd say I have had more possession but they just seem to have players running in behind the entire time and hit them with a through ball.

Am I doing something wrong or am I just ****?! The best players in the game are unaffordable for me as I have nowhere near enough coins. Is there anything that can be done in the team instructions/tactics? It feels like Ultimate Team mode is significantly more difficult than just playing normal online seasons.

Getting extremely frustrated with ultimate team, only started playing it around 2 weeks ago, in division 7 online seasons at the moment and getting absolutely spanked in every game, have lost like 10 of my last 12 games or something (managed to avoid relegation in my first season somehow). Every team I come up against has ridiculous squads with icons and the likes of Ronaldo, Salah, Sane etc. They feel like they are faster, stronger and quicker to the ball in every sense making it almost impossible. They create so many 1 v 1s with the keeper against me and never miss, in more than half of the games I'd say I have had more possession but they just seem to have players running in behind the entire time and hit them with a through ball.

Am I doing something wrong or am I just ****?! The best players in the game are unaffordable for me as I have nowhere near enough coins. Is there anything that can be done in the team instructions/tactics? It feels like Ultimate Team mode is significantly more difficult than just playing normal online seasons.

To be honest it's probably because your so late coming to it. Most people are playing it now for six months and know all the tricks and things that work in game it would be impossible for a new player to come in now and not feel frustrated.

Remember those guys with all the great players in their squad playing in div 7 are crap,concentrate on defence a bit more and you'll beat them more times then not

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Gyan84 wrote: »
    That dynamic image really makes me want that Salah card :)

Me too! Want to put him with RB Milner too...lovely looking card designs

Pay 15k to do a Draft, go 1-0 up, game freezes, kicked out of FUT, automatic 3-0 loss in the first round, 15k lost. Lovely.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I only startedplaying at christmas and it was a pain to catch up in fairness. I dont really get time to play online at the moment but prices are coming down on players. Perhaps if you put up your team we could help you out with cheap picks etc?

I used a spanish team the lads recommended for me here and it has now been transformed to the following:

http://www.futwiz.com/en/fifa18/custom-squad/108847

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

@Ferris

If you use a BPL sweat team, you’ll start to walk all over teams. Use a 4312 or 4321 with the likes of Bailly, Jesus, Son, Martial, Dembele, Willian

I don't agree.

Its at the stage where those players are now redundant and are always going to lose battles to the likes of lower IF players.
    Unless you mean picking up IF jesus, TIF son etc.

You need IF's now, they play better than regular cards.
    An all gold team now just isn't going to cut it, even in division 5. You need about 250k to even survive in the higher divisions now. Squad fitness every couple of games too is 1k coins per go.

Managed to the MLS goals challenge in Div 1. Not easy but Alessandrini coming up trumps once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

When I had my club deleted and had to start afresh I was competing with icons and everything in Div 10 onwards.
    If you're a good enough player those gold cards will take you to Div 5/6 easily.
    The likes of Kante/De Bruyne/Salah are a lot cheaper now.

Here's a squad that will cost you around 130k.
    Kane can be easily replaced by Jesus etc.
    Same for Salah..you can slot Willian in there for a lot cheaper etc.
    Eriksen for De Bruyne etc also.

http://www.futhead.com/18/squads/3320648/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, do you think 96 Kane will drop any more?

I've really run out of enthusiasm for Fifa at the moment, at least till WC mode next week. Tempted to drag in a top level striker, splash my 700k on one for the lulz. Jumping between Kane or 7 chem C.Ronaldo right now. I could see me dumping them within a week to try others though, so don't want to lose 100k on them :P

Advertisement