Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads, do you think 96 Kane will drop any more?

I've really run out of enthusiasm for Fifa at the moment, at least till WC mode next week. Tempted to drag in a top level striker, splash my 700k on one for the lulz. Jumping between Kane or 7 chem C.Ronaldo right now. I could see me dumping them within a week to try others though, so don't want to lose 100k on them :P

I've lost 500k on him hahaha id say they will surely drop close it comes to world cup mode? I could of sold him loads of times to get some money back but i love him too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Cheers for the replies folks, here is my squad roughly if anyone is wondering. Although last night I changed to a back 5 and a midfield 2 to try and stop the hammerings (it has resulted in smaller defeats :pac:).

I'm never expecting to go to Division 1 or 2 as I'm just probably not good enough at the game but just looking for general tips to stop the hammerings and make the game more enjoyable. How could I ever get 'special' players? They seem to be crazy expensive.. Are the squad building challenges worth doing? I've done a few of them but they end up even costing a few grand in coins and rarely get any good players in the packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Google the custom tactics and player instructions for that formation.
    I’ll paste a link later on for you if you can’t find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Gold 3 rewards, best player Hradecky.

Blazer wrote: »
    Google the custom tactics and player instructions for that formation.
    I’ll paste a link later on for you if you can’t find it.

link added.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/15-05-2018-fifa-18-guide-tips-and-tricks-to-become-the-ultimate-fifa-18-player/fifa-18-best-and-most-overpowered-formations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Gold 1 rewards. Absolutely nothing. Discard IF. Rewards are actually getting worse. 35k coins brings me to 850k though with about 300k invested.

Won a draft and didn't get any boards, still can't believe you can win the whole thing and not even make your 15k back.

ive never packed anything good winning it. Got decent rewards for finishing second once.

Draft is my favourite game mode though. The gameplay is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Well would you credit this,made final of dkt for the first time this wk,winning 4-2 and get disconnected so have to start again,need to go to bed now too so that's me gone FFS I'm pissed off now.

Cheers for the replies folks, here is my squad roughly if anyone is wondering. Although last night I changed to a back 5 and a midfield 2 to try and stop the hammerings (it has resulted in smaller defeats :pac:).

I'm never expecting to go to Division 1 or 2 as I'm just probably not good enough at the game but just looking for general tips to stop the hammerings and make the game more enjoyable. How could I ever get 'special' players? They seem to be crazy expensive.. Are the squad building challenges worth doing? I've done a few of them but they end up even costing a few grand in coins and rarely get any good players in the packs.

If I was you I'd play with a CDM bakayoko is cheap and one of the best,also he's french,also look for CBS with pace over 70
    Sorry I just seen you have him,play him as a CDM though and stay back while attacking

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yes the SBCS are worth doing if you have the cash spare to do them. Get the Futwiz app for SBC solutions etc and that will give you a rough guide on prices to complete etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Well would you credit this,made final of dkt for the first time this wk,winning 4-2 and get disconnected so have to start again,need to go to bed now too so that's me gone FFS I'm pissed off now.

Maybe try this?

https://help.ea.com/en/self-service/fut-championship/

Lord TSC wrote: »

Thanks for that but it just says they don't recognize an active fut 18 club,got on to live chat and they just gave me the same link,I told them it says it didn't recognize my fut club thy just said wait go back and try again

You mustn't be using the proper email address you've registered on FIFA. Wouldn't surprise me if EA had decked it up either though.

They emailed me back so that's not the problem,I can't seem to get live chat now for some reason,their site is the most awkward bloody thing I've ever come across

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Can’t remember the last time I scored a penalty in the weekend league....I’m so bad at them. Put in a small bit of power, it’s saved, put in more power and it goes out for a throw in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Can’t remember the last time I scored a penalty in the weekend league....I’m so bad at them. Put in a small bit of power, it’s saved, put in more power and it goes out for a throw in.

If your knocking a penalty out for a throw in your aiming is clearly off :):)

Kane is my penalty king 2 and half bars and top right hand corner each time.

If Sterling is a 84 cam in fifa wc does this mean that his ptg card will change when it switches to the wc card?
    And if not how many bloody if will he need?

Bundesliga TOTS. No RM/RW is weird, also they've really hidden away that Reus despite him being the second highest rated card in the team.

XBXe5Je.jpg

Also in the Weekly Challenge you have to win 5 online seasons games in which you also scored with a Liga NOS player

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    If your knocking a penalty out for a throw in your aiming is clearly off :):)

Kane is my penalty king 2 and half bars and top right hand corner each time.

I usually aim for the top right with all my penalties as well....in divisions, they are always on target. Not too sure why it always goes well wide/over the bar in the weekend league.

I usually aim for the top right with all my penalties as well....in divisions, they are always on target. Not too sure why it always goes well wide/over the bar in the weekend league.

The power bar definitely rises faster I’ve found from experience. At least 50% faster.

Because you don't have the arrow. Penalties get worse every single year. Complete muck at the moment.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Because you don't have the arrow. Penalties get worse every single year. Complete muck at the moment.

Agreed. Not too sure why they changed it from last years version...was much better. This year, I could dive the right way and into the bottom corner with De Gea, but it’d still hit off of his palm and in.

its the no power ones either right or left that go under the keeper that get me. Fecking rage inducing.

RossieMan wrote: »
    its the no power ones either right or left that go under the keeper that get me. Fecking rage inducing.

Hold down and to the right or left to save those, keeper just drops to either side rather than diving across fully.

Hit them straight down the centre

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Probably a stupid question, but after getting TOTW Sane in a pack today, 87 rating. Will he always be a 'special card' and have his current stats or next week when a new TOTW comes out will he revert back to just a gold card and lose a lot of his value? Can't decide whether to cash in on him now or whether to hold onto him.

He'll hold his rating. He's worth feck all anyway so doesn't make a difference really. You'll get 60-70k if you're lucky. He'll go down in price later on in the week as more and more packs are opened.

• Advertisement

Crespo is my first ever player to hit 200 goals in any FIFA, despite playing at CAM for the last 40 or so games....grabs the 200th with a hat-trick in a 7-4 win after being 4-2 down in the first half.

Advertisement