Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

They worked out well for me last year so I've just done 22 gold upgrade packs, will update if I get anything good.

Dani Alves
    Clyne
    Koscielny (TWICE IN A ROW :( )

Not very good from 90k of untradeable packs

If the game isn't patched I can't see myself playing this longer than a few weeks.

How anyone thinks defending is hard and not just broken is beyond me.

I had a game earlier that was 6-5.

Most games I've had have been 3-2 or so at HT.

Not alone do a lot of tackle presses not work, you'll notice a lot of delayed tackles, more than ever before.

Players don't reach to balls right beside them, you can't press tackle every single time you need to get the ball.

There's plenty of other issues that point to the game not being in a good state(foul logic, defenders dropping back into the 6 yard box, crosses going to the edge of the box, sprinting of a turn leading to a poor touch etc)

The games just aren't enjoyable at the minute, just the same games over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Just tried Higuain, (who I hope to make a handy profit of 5-10k in a next hour) and I rather play Gomez tbh.

Had the same issue last year when I dropped him after just few games.

Too slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

wonski wrote: »
    Just tried Higuain, (who I hope to make a handy profit of 5-10k in a next hour) and I rather play Gomez tbh.

Had the same issue last year when I dropped him after just few games.

Too slow.

that man is stealing a living at 90 rated in fut :rolleyes:

bought coutinho for bpl team. hes awful for me guna swap him out for martial i think. got diego costa for a steal. 25k hes way too cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Try squad battles or offline seasons at a difficulty you're comfortable with. When you're able to comfortably beat that difficulty move up a difficulty level. Online at this time is so hard.

I think everyone is finding defending hard this year so it's not just your problem, it's even harder in FUT than regular offline like career mode

Cheers man. Yeah I think I'll do that. I've always been more of a singleplayer man but when it comes to FIFA I thought I wasn't the worst at it online but playing FUT is a whole other beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

that man is stealing a living at 90 rated in fut :rolleyes:

Higuain is a fantastic striker. He’s been top scorer in Italy for the past 2 years and has broken several records.
    Had his otw card for fut17 and it was fantastic.
    He went from 88 to 93 which was 5 IF’s he got last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Blazer wrote: »
    Higuain is a fantastic striker. He’s been top scorer in Italy for the past 2 years and has broken several records.
    Had his otw card for fut17 and it was fantastic.
    He went from 88 to 93 which was 5 IF’s he got last year.

I yeah him as well . It was woeful.
    I was on about his FIFA card not real life

Packed Sigurdssons OTW card from the first "Kick Off" SBC I did.

So that's an IF(78 rated) and OTW in prob 10 pack openings plus I got Salah as well.
    Never pulled an IF of any type before this year.

Sigurdssons not exactly a great card at the minute at 82 with 66 pace but a nice pull none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Well folks what's the new FIFA like,good and bad, I haven't got my hands on it yet obviously but will soon hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Tried it but I feel it leaves my striker isolated.

Feel I'm doing best with two strikers up front and two wide players.

Very same thing happened to me I fixed it by getting relegated to 8 again flying now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

jayo26 wrote: »
    Very same thing happened to me I fixed it by getting relegated to 8 again flying now :)

Jayo, what kind of trading are you doing to make your profits ? Any tips :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

What platform are you on? Im struggling to find expensive trading opporunites but there are loads of good ones out there which will net you 350-400 per turn. For example William Carvalho can be got on bidding for between 750-850, I then relist with a buy now between 1200-1300 depending on time of day.

There are 3 or 4 like that you can use. I've one in particular which is going well for me but if you do a few searches on the market you'll find players that you can do that with handy enough. I was selling about 60 an hour till my transfer targets on the app won't let me clear the expired so can't buy anyone now.

I'm on ps4 btw

The Prem 400-500(Lennon, Jones, Romero etc) bid solution I gave a few pages back is still golden if you've time(at least on Xbox).

I'm making tens of thousands selling over 100 cards a day yielding 300-500 per card.

Have probably made the guts of 500k since late last week.

Next purchases for either team would be the 100k plus players now(have Jesus, Marchiso, Handanovic, Bailly etc)

duffman13 wrote: »
    I was selling about 60 an hour till my transfer targets on the app won't let me clear the expired so can't buy anyone now.

I'm on ps4 btw

I've came across this a few times now.

My guess is its a safety measure to cut out bots as after buying a 100 or so cards you're list gets full until you clear it on console.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Lukker- wrote:
    Don't think the bin range increases

Price ranges can and do change.

Morata has had his max bin upgraded already this year, as have others.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

I've came across this a few times now.

My guess is its a safety measure to cut out bots as after buying a 100 or so cards you're list gets full until you clear it on console.

It's actually a bug apparently, found a link on ea and the only way to clear it is through the webapp on desktop. Absolute shambles really, you've to kind of go into the code through the webapp to remove the player. It's showing I won a player for zero in my expired items! There's a few patches needed in this game

Big patch is on the way/out now on PC.

Most important things are that they've improved the GKs while making shooting more difficult. They've also changed the radar so it just matches the kit colour.

One addition that I absolutely hate the sound of is that they've added the player indicator of your opponent, you can now see which player your opponent is controlling at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Most important things are that they've improved the GKs while making shooting more difficult. They've also changed the radar so it just matches the kit colour.

One addition that I absolutely hate the sound of is that they've added the player indicator of your opponent, you can now see which player your opponent is controlling at all times.

Good. Thank f for that. WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any sure fire players that you can buy for around 400 coins and make your money on, guys?

EDIT - just read back and saw Carvalho suggested so I bought a ton of him at between 800-850 and they're flying off the shelves buy it now for 1,200-1,300. He seems like a great option.

• Advertisement

Consumables pal anyth8ng that's in demand Buy as cheap as you can and add on couple hundred and keep relisting them if you sell 20 an hour thats 4k profit minimum. It's time consuming but I do most my work from home so I've plenty of it but haven't done much trading in last four days kinda getting fed up of it already ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

IF trading working out well for me. Bought Fabianski IF for 20k, just sold for 32k!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Is it live for anyone yet? Keepers still ****e for me, colours still wrong on radar etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

IF trading working out well for me. Bought Fabianski IF for 20k, just sold for 32k!

IF trading has been soooo good this year. If I sold everything up in my pile at minimum value, I'd say I'd be at round 750k now. It usually takes me till round Xmas to hit the 1m mark, but I'd say I'll clear it by Halloween easily this year :)

Lukker- wrote: »
    Is it live for anyone yet? Keepers still ****e for me, colours still wrong on radar etc.

On pc seemingly..... the consoles could be a week behind.

How do people shield the ball I'm getting thrown off the ball every time but yet everyone seems to be able do it the same as last year.

When do ye buy the IF's, when they come out or later in the week?

jayo26 wrote: »
    On pc seemingly..... the consoles could be a week behind.

How do people shield the ball I'm getting thrown off the ball every time but yet everyone seems to be able do it the same as last year.

Yeah I'm on PC funnily enough, and even got the patch notes when launched, but still had the black and white radar etc.

Shielding isn't as effective for me this season, but still useful to trap a ball with defenders behind you. Using L2/LT + flicking the ball the direction you want to go is pretty effective though as the ball is played into you, if your player is agile you can turn defenders real easy.

I find you can be tackled just using regular shielding a bit easier though

Lukker- wrote: »
    Yeah I'm on PC funnily enough, and even got the patch notes when launched, but still had the black and white radar etc.

Shielding isn't as effective for me this season, but still useful to trap a ball with defenders behind you. Using L2/LT + flicking the ball the direction you want to go is pretty effective though as the ball is played into you, if your player is agile you can turn defenders real easy.

I find you can be tackled just using regular shielding a bit easier though

Yeh that's what I'm doing it just seems that I'm crap this year so haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Anyone else find EA connection dropping alot on Xbox?. Winning 3-0 90th minute for squad battle and I lose EA connection and get a loss. Infuriating

• Advertisement

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Price ranges can and do change.

Morata has had his max bin upgraded already this year, as have others.

Thought that was only if they got OTW's or IF's though?

Advertisement