Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Finally

Screen_Shot_2018-05-19_at_22.34.49.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

How much did that cost you? Would you not save your coins for world cup mode? Seems a waste throwing away coins into a dead mode 2 weeks before everyone leaves it.

Saying that, I bet he's insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Idk been doing it for a while now, used a lot of untradeables including a few from the TOTS packs, probably cost about 1m in total before returns from packs, got TOTS Max from one of the packs today so that was 120k off. Don't care about coins for WC mode really, in 14 you didn't need many at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

After my best ever start of 9-2, I’m now 9-4 after this ****e game....after I conceded those 3 inside 30 mins, I knew I wasn’t going to win it. 3 goals off the inside of the post

2_A01_AF91-6498-4305-82_A7-_E2_A0_F2_CE3_D94.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

That is the lowest shot accuracy I’ve ever seen in over 10 years of FUT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Blazer wrote: »

You mean apart from 0% ;)

jayo26 wrote: »
    You mean apart from 0% ;)

Oh yeah :) but I don’t include those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

What's the story with world cup mode,how does it actually work

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

shamrock55 wrote: »
    What's the story with world cup mode,how does it actually work

You basically will be creating an entirely new team.

There's no transfer market, all cards are earned via untradeable packs. Can buy with coins. 4 years ago, you also got a free player at random after each win.

Chemistry is based on Europe, Africa, America etc rather than league.

Think I read that all cards will act like OTW cards though? Thats new, but I think I read that cards will be updated as players preform at the world cup.

Lord TSC wrote: »

There's no transfer market, all cards are earned via untradeable packs. Can buy with coins. 4 years ago, you also got a free player at random after each win.

Think I read that all cards will act like OTW cards though? Thats new, but I think I read that cards will be updated as players preform at the world cup.

I wonder what way will the rtg cards be affected in normal ultimate team there was something a while back if they are selected for the squads they will get something special or something to that effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

After my best ever start of 9-2, I’m now 9-4 after this ****e game....after I conceded those 3 inside 30 mins, I knew I wasn’t going to win it. 3 goals off the inside of the post

2_A01_AF91-6498-4305-82_A7-_E2_A0_F2_CE3_D94.jpg

How could they have three goals and only one on target? I’ve always noticed the shots on target stat to be wrong which is annoying for squad battles when you want to get the 10 on target.

Redo91 wrote: »
    How could they have three goals and only one on target? I’ve always noticed the shots on target stat to be wrong which is annoying for squad battles when you want to get the 10 on target.

If they hit the post I don't think they count as a shot on target.

Cool,that's sounds like a bitta craic

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Cool,that's sounds like a bitta craic

I loved it four years ago.

Taking out the transfer market made it way less stressful (at least for me, who trades a lot if I can). It was easier to pack bigger name players (cause of a reduced pool of cards), and you could make more "ultimate" teams (like this year, you can have Lukaku up front with Ronaldo one side and Bale the other, maybe have Memphis with them, and still have perfect chemistry).

Also saw that WC mode is adding Hulk back into the game :D

Wow, Savic's 88 is only 130k :O He'll be fun to grab once WC mode kicks in and finishes off the market. And his TOTS card will help drop it too.

It's a strange card to be honest. It's not really outstanding at any aspect. He goes missing so much in games, he can bang in some screamers though.

jayo26 wrote: »
    If they hit the post I don't think they count as a shot on target.

That makes no sense. If it does in it has to be a shot on target. Shouldn’t matter whether it hit the post before it went in.

Hehe, spotted that SBC for a rare player pack, had 5 French players, so spent 3k to finish it off.

Packed Max, the German TOTS Left Back. Handy 100k boost ahead of next week.

RossieMan wrote: »
    It's a strange card to be honest. It's not really outstanding at any aspect. He goes missing so much in games, he can bang in some screamers though.

Yeah, I remember feeling that way when I tried his 87. I reckon I'll nab a few of the Italian players though to try getting my untradeable TOTS Hamsik into the team though.

Redo91 wrote: »
    That makes no sense. If it does in it has to be a shot on target. Shouldn’t matter whether it hit the post before it went in.

Well Not much of fifa makes sense but.thats the way it is.

• Advertisement

And the guy had the audacity to shush after each one....was hoping I could pull it back and dab the **** out of him with the winner but it wasn’t meant to be :pac:

It's the same in real life football. It's not on target.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭lillielad

Lads when is the Serie A coming out or whats the story with it?

Must start selling me up my team shortly.
    I hate selling firminio but vanilla mode will be dead in the water after WC launches.
    That million will go a long way in packs plus I’ll get the normal packs to open afterwards as well

Hehe, spotted that SBC for a rare player pack, had 5 French players, so spent 3k to finish it off.

Is that the same one as yesterday? I got a mega pack for doing that.

lillielad wrote: »
    Lads when is the Serie A coming out or whats the story with it?

I think it’s this coming week....that or Ligue 1.

I think it’s this coming week....that or Ligue 1.

I thought both of them were together since the WC mode is the following week.

Played a sb game there and I swear the 2 mins of time added on for first half went on for 2 actual minutes until they got and equaliser,it's happened me a few times now

I thought both of them were together since the WC mode is the following week.

You’re probably right actually...would make more sense to put them both together before WC

• Advertisement

got Werner from it, spent about 20k and 20 mins trying to sort it out.
    Fecking disaster of an SBC.
    Well worth it though.

Advertisement