Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just scored a 40 yard peacher of a free kick with Matthaus. Haven’t scored from free kicks in ages, but lately seem to be hanging them in with TOTS Aguero, and now with Matthaus in WC mode.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Rocking a hybrid team with maradona, di Maria, giroud, Werner, Marcelo, pepe, carvjahal so far

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Just started world cup mode this evening,got icon Moore,and Rodriguez ,and Allison in packs not much else,is it just me or is the game playing completely different to normal fut mode,seems like a different game altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Just got Ronaldinho in icons sbc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

This is my team atm, just need a proper RB and I'm happy with it.

Screen_Shot_2018-05-30_at_00.58.57.png

Also have these prem lads, really wish I could switch between the two without having to replace every player individually.

Screen_Shot_2018-05-30_at_00.56.54.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

[

Also have these prem lads, really wish I could switch between the two without having to replace every player individually.

Surprised they didn’t do this. It was a major and by far the highest complaint about it back in 2014.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Yeah not hav In squads is a pain in the ass it's gonna make fitness cards a premium because people don't be assed changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Enjoyed what I played of it so far, have a very effective team already:

Alisson
    Silva—Pique—Nacho
    Fabinho—Saul
    Cuadrado—Forsberg—Perisic
    Luis Hernandez—Lukaku

Bench is good too with Vardy, Andre Silva, Oscar and Ricardo Rodriguez. Just hoping to pack a better European CDM now like Kante or Matuidi to replace Saul.

Won the QF 8-7 in 120mins where my keeper made 3 saves.....then get smashed in the SF 6-2. Need a better keeper than Trapp. He’s dreadful.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Just started world cup mode this evening,got icon Moore,and Rodriguez ,and Allison in packs not much else,is it just me or is the game playing completely different to normal fut mode,seems like a different game altogether

Yeah it appears to be playing really differently to me, I had one where I was 1 on 1 with the keeper, defender makes a tackle from behind me and the other team got a free out. Also the keepers appear to rush clearances alot more nearly slicing the ball into their own nets.

Oh and Maradonna is unreal :D

• Advertisement

Anyone know if they will have any other tournaments in world cup mode or will it just be world cup? I can see it wearing tin very quickly to be honest even tho I do enjoy the feel of the game and graphics.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jesus Christ, Jayo.

You're seriously making me consider dropping 100k on packs tbh....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, Jayo.

You're seriously making me consider dropping 100k on packs tbh....

I sold alves last night I had about 300k altogether to spend and I spent it all mate I have an 87 European squad and even have enough for an 86 South American squad I'd say.

The packweight is ridiculous but there are not as many players in the world cup as regular mode and you seem to get more players in each pack so the ratio is way higher.

**** it, I can't see me playing much more anyway.

Gonna drop 150k on it latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

World cup draft is disappointing
    Won 4 games and got poor quality packs
    Was better off buying 2 world cup packs instead tbh

Picked up Lukaku and Lacazette so happy with my strike options, next pack Mbappe :)
    Overall I’ve a very strong team across the board.
    I mightn’t have Ronaldo or Hazard but Ramos, Coutrois,Kimmich,Matuidi, Herrera, Sterling and Eriksen give me a very strong defense and midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

much harder to get defense by the looks of things.
    I'd be happy in your position.

but im not, because they still haven't fixed it for pc. ****ing crazy. they ****ed up pro clubs on pc for months at the beginning, this is the last straw for most pc players.

I just need a better GK and I’m happy.
    Griezmann-Lewandowski
    Sane-Tolisso-Matthaus-Martins
    Digne-Varane-Tah-Russian RB
    Trapp

Dybala, Lukaku + a few others on the bench.

RossieMan wrote: »
    much harder to get defense by the looks of things.
    I'd be happy in your position.

but im not, because they still haven't fixed it for pc. ****ing crazy. they ****ed up pro clubs on pc for months at the beginning, this is the last straw for most pc players.

PC comes a poor last for Fifa since most people play fifa on console.
    I'm a huge pc gamer and the only console game I play is Fifa and some console exclusives.

Yea it's a joke though.

I have a part but not giving EA any more money so not purchasing Fifa again. Might see can I get it cheap on sale somewhere.

• Advertisement

Pack three - Lewandowski
    Pack six - Falcao
    Pack eight - Boateng
    Pack Nine - Cavani
    Pack eleven - Mbappe
    Pack 12 - Ederson
    Pack 14 Asenjo

Not bad, not great. Lewandowski and Mbappe should compliment each other well.

Blazer wrote: »
    PC comes a poor last for Fifa since most people play fifa on console.
    I'm a huge pc gamer and the only console game I play is Fifa and some console exclusives.

Agree mate I was on pc last year it's terrible not the same level of player at all.

I don't agree with the level of player comment. For seasons, definitely. In UT I think pc has been much tougher. I'm struggling to make elite 3 each work. It's easy on ps4 if you're any way decent.

The middle to to players on pc is much tougher. Makes sense as there isn't as many good players in PC so you end up playing some of the best while trying to just get elite.
    With console you play more people on your own level.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Enjoying my zero coin approach to the worldcup mode, got Otamendi and Sane to start, loan of iconRonny and then Yashin in the SBC. Added Godin and Periera from Uruguay so a decent enough backline capped off with german Hector to link to Sane. Luan is great fun off the right and two portuguese lads in the middle. Icardi up top and the German CF as strikers on lower chem, enjoying not having 10 quick, strong, good dribblers with wonder shots, makes the came more interesting. I do miss Ronny now he's gone though, insane dribbling through most of the poor defenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

spending coins will prob really start to make a difference when they begin to roll out sbcs particularrally the icon ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Made my first attempt at the online world cup and made it to the semi final where prime Ronaldo ran rings around my defence of Ramos and the nobodies. It's pretty crap that they don't give you anything extra for getting knocked out in the semis because that makes going beyond the group stage pointless unless you win the whole thing.

The draft is really enjoyable. I agree that the gameplay is completely different. Crossing is completely broken. Unless you manage to land it directly on a defenders face your attacker will find some way to get to it first. I've also had two goals conceded where Ramos stopped the ball on the line but wouldn't clear it no matter what I pressed.

Overall I like the new gameplay better because it rewards slow build up rather than pinball 180 degree passing and spamming heel to heel flicks.

People will probably complain that it's awful resulting in EA to make 19 the same as base 18 and then they'll complain that nothing changes :rolleyes:

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Made my first attempt at the online world cup and made it to the semi final where prime Ronaldo ran rings around my defence of Ramos and the nobodies. It's pretty crap that they don't give you anything extra for getting knocked out in the semis because that makes going beyond the group stage pointless unless you win the whole thing.

The draft is really enjoyable. I agree that the gameplay is completely different. Crossing is completely broken. Unless you manage to land it directly on a defenders face your attacker will find some way to get to it first. I've also had two goals conceded where Ramos stopped the ball on the line but wouldn't clear it no matter what I pressed.

Overall I like the new gameplay better because it rewards slow build up rather than pinball 180 degree passing and spamming heel to heel flicks.

People will probably complain that it's awful resulting in EA to make 19 the same as base 18 and then they'll complain that nothing changes :rolleyes:

Definitely agree that the rewards should be tiered for the WC.

Has gameplay defintiely been altered or is it everyone just getting used to ****ty players? I found it a bit slower at times and passing definitely less easy but thought it was due to the players not being perfect?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

hots wrote: »
    Has gameplay defintiely been altered or is it everyone just getting used to ****ty players? I found it a bit slower at times and passing definitely less easy but thought it was due to the players not being perfect?

It could just be my imagination but I feel like it's different. I feel positioning is a lot more effective as I've been able to easily push players like Hernandez out wide whereas in regular fut they'd just sprint past me like I wasn't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Just started up there played the first match and bought two 5k packs afterwards, didn't get no one good but I did get a "Gold Pack" as a reward in both opening but when I redeemed them nothing happened, and they're not in my packs?

• Advertisement

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Just started up there played the first match and bought two 5k packs afterwards, didn't get no one good but I did get a "Gold Pack" as a reward in both opening but when I redeemed them nothing happened, and they're not in my packs?

They're normal UT packs, go over there and you can open them

Advertisement