Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'm going to have about 250K spare..trying to decided whether to got POTM Mane or OTW Salah.
    Both will cost roughly the same.
    Anyone have either?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Blazer wrote:
    I'm going to have about 250K spare..trying to decided whether to got POTM Mane or OTW Salah. Both will cost roughly the same. Anyone have either?

I have OTW Salah and to be honest don't find him great. I'm starting a 2k Charley Mosunda (unreal with 93 pace and 5* skills; my most effective player by miles) over him and bringing him on late in games. Was gonna sell him and bank the 200k but going to hold off a while. No idea about Mane but him being untradeable put me off going for him.

Opened a few packs and got Higuain and Varane.
    About 150K worth so that puts me close to buying Morato's otw card.
    If I was any good at trading I'd belt away but I don't have the patience for it..but maybe this time :)

Not a trader by any means but been buying some William Carvalhos today for about 900 and selling them on for 1400. Seems to be only player I pack in those gold upgrade packs as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

With shielding, I think they really made physicality matter in effectiveness. Weak players will just get thrown off the ball
    Blazer wrote: »
    I'm going to have about 250K spare..trying to decided whether to got POTM Mane or OTW Salah.
    Both will cost roughly the same.
    Anyone have either?

Used Salah for a few games today and wasn't fond. He's quick but that's about it.

Other hand, PoTM is untradeable so if you don't like him, there's no getting coins back or such.

• Advertisement

Is it fair to say that packs gained by weekend league/squad battles etc are more generous than packs bought by yer experience?

lol a good review on Higuain.

http://www.futhead.com/18/reviews/13/

if I didn't have untradable Erikkson, Scheimel, Sane I'd go for Serie A..but Erikkson is a god..he's good for a hatrick every 3-4 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Not a trader by any means but been buying some William Carvalhos today for about 900 and selling them on for 1400. Seems to be only player I pack in those gold upgrade packs as well.

I did that for a few hours today after seeing a post on here and it has been working a treat. I've gone from having 5,000 coins to 30,000 from doing that over the course of a few hours.

This afternoon I was buying for no more than 850 and selling for around 1,400 with no problems at all. It seems to have gotten a little tougher in terms of competition tonight with far more bidders bumping the price of the initial purchase up so it's taking longer, but very handy money all the same.

Phil Jones is another one. Buy for as low as 500 and sell for anything up to 1,000, though it takes a long time to get him at that price without being outbid in comparison to Carvalho.

Any other players that stand out to do this with guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Paully D wrote: »
    I did that for a few hours today after seeing a post on here and it has been working a treat. I've gone from having 5,000 coins to 30,000 from doing that over the course of a few hours.

This afternoon I was buying for no more than 850 and selling for around 1,400 with no problems at all. It seems to have gotten a little tougher in terms of competition tonight with far more bidders bumping the price of the initial purchase up so it's taking longer, but very handy money all the same.

Phil Jones is another one. Buy for as low as 500 and sell for anything up to 1,000, though it takes a long time to get him at that price without being outbid in comparison to Carvalho.

Any other players that stand out to do this with guys?

Competition gets tougher in the evenings regardless of the players tbh. I've about 6 or 7 players I do it with and Carvalho is the one I gave yesterday. You can try Barovero he's an Argentinean goalkeeper in liga mx. You can usually pick him up handy for 350/400 and sell for 800/850 buy now.

The Carvalho one will keep you going for a couple of days just try snap as much up as you can in the afternoon. Use the catalogue to buy additional storage space in your transfer list/targets.

I've one player who is making me 450 coins per hour and I can sell about 50-60. I made about 120k yesterday. The best thing you can do is have a look at the sbcs and find high rated players who are needed for them going cheapish particularly the big nationalities. People tend to be impulsive and buy now is used a lot more often. If you find one and the competition is low, then you are on the gravy train

Selling OTW Morata again. Can't get used to him at all. Only 3 star skills and his lack of pace and shooting is letting him down. He is brilliant at bringing people into the game so I could go 4-4-1-1 with him which is getting great reviews as well.. But screw it..I had Jesus and found him brilliant with the ball to his feet so back to him and do more trading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Lukker- wrote:
    Thought that was only if they got OTW's or IF's though?

Can't be 100% sure but I think it applies to regular cards too. When cards are needed for sbcs etc their price can hit a ceiling.

I've noticed they've dropped the max bin for Lallana already, as I'm flipping them for profit.

Kane has to get POTM for September. Wondering whether to buy 4 of him and double my profits on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Blazer wrote: »
    Kane has to get POTM for September. Wondering whether to buy 4 of him and double my profits on him.

I'd be thinking EA will change up the requirements for POTM, since the last one required Mané I'd imagine the next one won't require him

I'd be thinking EA will change up the requirements for POTM, since the last one required Mané I'd imagine the next one won't require him

Damn.
    I imagine Aguero should get POTM but I reckon EA would go that route then as his normal card is a crazy price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

When do OTW cards leave packs?

Liamalone wrote: »

I think it’s either 9th or 19th oct.
    It says it ingame

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Regarding bin limits and trading, all cards max bin can be increased, if they become rare. Hamsik had a max bin of 55000 until yesterday and was hardly on the market. I bought as many as I could (only 4) and made 15k profit on each when it raised yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Liamalone wrote:

Think it's the 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Are Legends permanently in packs?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Are Legends permanently in packs?

The 2 lower versions are, 3rd ones are SBC only iirc

Icons being used for SBC's and permanently wiping them off the market is going to be stupid imo, there's only a few of each version especially the higher ones anyway so they'll be extinct come SBC's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

blaa85 wrote: »
    Regarding bin limits and trading, all cards max bin can be increased, if they become rare. Hamsik had a max bin of 55000 until yesterday and was hardly on the market. I bought as many as I could (only 4) and made 15k profit on each when it raised yesterday.

Also Cavani has gone from 40k to 60k, he was almost extinct at 40 when I bought him. That's why I asked about ranges the last day actually, was hoping to make a profit off him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Have decided to start spending coins. Grabbing Martial and Matic.

I'm afraid their value will drop but it's not going to drop THAT quickly, so may as well have some fun with them.

Gonna try Son at CF as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

€60 down the drain on packs. Best I got was Forsberg and Howedes. Also the 77 IF from Germany's third tier.

Have a handful of PL players and about 50k so might make something out of that.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Have decided to start spending coins. Grabbing Martial and Matic.

I'm afraid their value will drop but it's not going to drop THAT quickly, so may as well have some fun with them.

Gonna try Son at CF as well.

And if everyone else drops sure you'll get the same value back when you sell them

I know myself sometimes I'd focus on price too much and not on actually using cards and playing the game

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Current team:

4DW20Fa.jpg

Thoughts so far. Gomez is the main thing keeping me with a Calcio A team. He's Messi-lite, he's gotten me a goal every game as a number 10 and a fair few assists too. Dribbling, acceleration, passing, shooting are all unbelievable, he's so hard to get the ball off.

The rest of my team are OK, Perisic pops up with a few goals but other than that doesn't get a whole lot of assists. Callejon is a bit better assist wise, much better at carrying the ball and running the line, worse finishing though.

Centre midfield are just the water carriers, do a decent job. Good all rounders for cheap. I do get jealous when I play PL teams though, Gueye seems like a monster.

CB's are pretty solid, decent technically. Donnaruma is pretty good all rounder with weak handling.

My main problem is up front. So far I've tried Belotti and Immobile. Both kind of get a goal ever other game and pop up with an equal amount of assists. Belotti is better in the air, but crosses ain't really working for me yet. Immobile seems better at link up play with nice flicks etc even though they are both 3* SM. Belotti has a beastly weak foot and is faster but honestly feels slower. Belotti is the much stronger of the two also, but I haven't been able to utilize it well so far.

Any tips on Calcio A striker? Or even how to play as a CF in this game?

Lukker- wrote: »
    Current team:

4DW20Fa.jpg

Thoughts so far. Gomez is the main thing keeping me with a Calcio A team. He's Messi-lite, he's gotten me a goal every game as a number 10 and a fair few assists too. Dribbling, acceleration, passing, shooting are all unbelievable, he's so hard to get the ball off.

The rest of my team are OK, Perisic pops up with a few goals but other than that doesn't get a whole lot of assists. Callejon is a bit better assist wise, much better at carrying the ball and running the line, worse finishing though.

Centre midfield are just the water carriers, do a decent job. Good all rounders for cheap. I do get jealous when I play PL teams though, Gueye seems like a monster.

CB's are pretty solid, decent technically. Donnaruma is pretty good all rounder with weak handling.

My main problem is up front. So far I've tried Belotti and Immobile. Both kind of get a goal ever other game and pop up with an equal amount of assists. Belotti is better in the air, but crosses ain't really working for me yet. Immobile seems better at link up play with nice flicks etc even though they are both 3* SM. Belotti has a beastly weak foot and is faster but honestly feels slower. Belotti is the much stronger of the two also, but I haven't been able to utilize it well so far.

Any tips on Calcio A striker? Or even how to play as a CF in this game?

From reading other users on futhead Higuain with Gomez behind him is fantastic in a 4-4-1-1 , otherwise you could try Ballotelli? He’s getting rave reviews as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

175accfc229b9de70705a6848b07b70d.jpg

Using this team at the moment, can't stand the formation so I've been switching to a 41212(2) in-game with Cuadrado at CAM and it works brilliantly.

175accfc229b9de70705a6848b07b70d.jpg

Using this team at the moment, can't stand the formation so I've been switching to a 41212(2) in-game with Cuadrado at CAM and it works brilliantly.

What's Insigne like, do ya play him up front?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lukker- wrote: »
    What's Insigne like, do ya play him up front?

Yeah himself and Mertens are pretty much interchangeable up front together, play a though ball in behind to either of them and they're not getting caught and both of them finish everything.

• Advertisement

Yeah himself and Mertens are pretty much interchangeable up front together, play a though ball in behind to either of them and they're not getting caught and both of them finish everything.

Mertens was my go to last year, I might just ditch the big CF, I seem to be too used to playing tricky ones. Not really feeling 2 up top this season though, so I will miss the strength.

Advertisement