Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Gameplay feels different yeah, could be because teams aren't full of 90+ cards anymore, I think I like it more, for now at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

hots wrote: »
    They're normal UT packs, go over there and you can open them

Ahh right, cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

RossieMan wrote: »
    I don't agree with the level of player comment. For seasons, definitely. In UT I think pc has been much tougher. I'm struggling to make elite 3 each work. It's easy on ps4 if you're any way decent.

The middle to to players on pc is much tougher. Makes sense as there isn't as many good players in PC so you end up playing some of the best while trying to just get elite.
    With console you play more people on your own level.

Mate i played pc last year I won division one several times easily enough and weekend league once I started playing it was always an elite 3 player no hassel at all.

I switched over to Xbox mid year last year an I'd built up a really good team and instantly I was a division 2 player and maybe odd season hold division one and best i ever got in weekend league was gold 2.

This season is the exact same on Xbox I'm division 2/1 and and weekend league in about gold 2.

I have a mate still on pc this year and it still feels the same I've played his ultimate team and the level of player is just not the same noway is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

It’s basically the same as vanilla fut 18 when it launched. Even Klose walks through crap defenses.
    However apparently according to EA nothing has been changed for it, it’s cosmetic changes only but everyone is so used to fast players that it feels different

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ha, just got Lukaku from a one player pack. Awesome.

Mind, Vardy has kept Cavaini and Lewandowski out of my team so far...

• Advertisement

And Blanc from the next :O AWESOME!

Was someone I had been tempted to grab over on main FUT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Anyone know if the loyalty glitch works in WC mode? Want to get the SBCs done, but pack pulled players coming out with no loyalty is a bit of a pain....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

92 icon bobby Moore is terrible but icon Ronaldinho is the best player I've ever played with on FIFA he's unreal altogether,I presume these players can't be used in regular fut?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,086 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

shamrock55 wrote: »
    92 icon bobby Moore is terrible but icon Ronaldinho is the best player I've ever played with on FIFA he's unreal altogether,I presume these players can't be used in regular fut?

Just World Cup mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Won online world cup on first attempt after losing my first group game 5-2
    Neuer is unbelievable
    Have just packed Kante in a European upgrade pack too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone know if the loyalty glitch works in WC mode? Want to get the SBCs done, but pack pulled players coming out with no loyalty is a bit of a pain....

I'd assume it's the same as normal FUT

Start an offline game, and then disconnect from the internet. On PS4 you should go into network and untick and then tick again the connect to the internet button. It's much faster than closing and restarting the game. Any players used will have played a game but it wont count on your record as anything and you'll be at the same stage in any tournament you're in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Packed Messi from the Getting Started sbc, pity I have literally no decent players from South America.

I think I'm going to splash another 200k on packs tbh.

I know I said I wouldn't, but what I'm I keeping them for....to play with top tier players. Seeing the pull rate of cards makes me think I'd have more fun, and more chance to get them, in WC mode than in the main mode. Like, I was tempted to splash 300k on Blanc yesterday for main FUT, only to grab him in WC mode instead.

I'm going to keep 300k aside, and save that in case any good cards come cheap in the main mode. But reality is my team on main mode is pretty much set in stone at this point anyway. So may as well go nuts and see if I can pull a Jayo and get Ronnie :P

Hey, I thought the "bonus" packs you get in normal mode when you buy WC mode packs were meant to be untradeable? I'm opening the 20 I had aside here and all are tradeable :S

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hey, I thought the "bonus" packs you get in normal mode when you buy WC mode packs were meant to be untradeable? I'm opening the 20 I had aside here and all are tradeable :S

All tradeable :)
    Even better I got tots Masiello out of one :) so will do a few upgrade packs to see if I can get more tots players

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Got 94 Icon Ronaldo in my sbc. Think I'll play this mode for a while :)

If you buy packs in WC mode do you also get a pack in normal mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

shamrock55 wrote: »
    If you buy packs in WC mode do you also get a pack in normal mode?

Yes, tradeable. They are not as good, though :)

wonski wrote:
    Yes, tradeable. They are not as good, though

Especially as the market has collapsed

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    Especially as the market has collapsed

I was referring to the quality of the players rather than their value :)

Packed two icons(Lineker and Okocha), Lukaku, Eriksen, Ter Stegen and a couple of others from 7.5k packs in a day (15 packs in total).

That would not happen in the regular mode, not in a million years :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

All I can pack is goal keepers :(

I have neuer, ter stegen and got Navas a couple of times.

To top it off that Japanese icon is pretty crap as well.

I swear it’s impossible to pack full backs from South America....that’s all I need to complete the SBC.

Kanté. The missing ingredient :)

That was a pack for going to the next stage of tournament. Love it :)

wonski wrote: »
    Kanté. The missing ingredient :)

That was a pack for going to the next stage of tournament. Love it :)

And now Rui Costa in 7.5k pack :)

All chemistry card upgrade all stats, or am I seeing things?

That's what I see on my screen, not to mention messed up team names (abbrev something) and the score is not shown correctly because of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It's such a weird feeling when you see that Portugal flag coming up and hoping it's not Ronaldo because you would have to discard him or put him in sbc ha.

Just got 7 packs there and got 95 Ronaldo and 90 hazard, they'll go nicely with my 91 ronaldinho

Enjoying the game, but can’t seem to adjust to the adjustments in gameplay.... can’t seem to finish 1on1s now.... 10-2-10 is the record.

Luis Hernandez is even more lethal in world cup mode I love him

• Advertisement

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    Luis Hernandez is even more lethal in world cup mode I love him

And there’s me getting all the world class defenders but Mbappe and Mertens are my only decent strikers.
    Hell I’ve even got duplicate Hummels in addition to Boateng, Ramos, Marcelo,Marquiniho,Kimmich, Carnival and a hell of a midfield but after opening about 100 packs where’s my Ronaldo, Aguero, messi :)
    At least i’l Have a ton of high rated cards for the sbc.

Advertisement