Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    Luis Hernandez is even more lethal in world cup mode I love him

Youre making me regret quick selling him by accident

Had him tagged because i was gonna send him straight into the squad, then tagged the duplicate stadiums and quick sold the lot :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Youre making me regret quick selling him by accident

Had him tagged because i was gonna send him straight into the squad, then tagged the duplicate stadiums and quick sold the lot :(

Ouch. He’s lethal though

Blazer wrote: »
    Ouch. He’s lethal though

My next game after doing that had him and R9 up top, Kompany and Pepe got destroyed

Rashford isn't bad though, could easily have a good world cup and get an upgrade or two

Trying to be careful with who I put into upgrade SBCs, only putting in dirt and low rated players I'd never use who aren't in world cup squads

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Right, 500k about to become 350k

Pack 2 Higuain
    3 - Alderweild
    4 - Griezmann!
    13 - matic
    14 - Alderweild again lol
    15 - Kimmich
    18 or so - Willian
    19 - Pique

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Right, 500k about to become 350k

Pack 2 Higuain
    3 - Alderweild
    4 - Griezmann!
    13 - matic
    14 - Alderweild again lol
    15 - Kimmich
    18 or so - Willian
    19 - Pique

Im waiting to make sure I get nothing in monthly rewards then I'm going to sell up Kane and all and put the coins into world cup mode I'm not playing another month of weekend league.

• Advertisement

Yeah, given the level of team I've got so far, I'm tempted to just to suicide into WC mode.

Knowing I don't need to save for SBCs either helps. I'll either have the cards or I won't.

Yeah, given the level of team I've got so far, I'm tempted to just to suicide into WC mode.

Knowing I don't need to save for SBCs either helps. I'll either have the cards or I won't.

Problem I have is it's just mainly one tournament and once you win it that will be that as far as a challenge goes but look i won't play normal ultimate team anyway so may as well.

The amount of duplicates I'm getting is horrid grating

4 Carvajals, 3 Lallanas, 3 Hendersons, 3 Vardys, 2 Alex Sandros

If they ever upgrade the SBCs they'll be handy I suppose, don't want to throw high rated cards into upgrades yet

jayo26 wrote: »
    Problem I have is it's just mainly one tournament and once you win it that will be that as far as a challenge goes but look i won't play normal ultimate team anyway so may as well.

yep same here...if you had the squad selector you could mess around but its far too much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Highlight of World Cup mode so far is the abuse I got after one match in particular. I selected France as my starter because they have great kits, and so I use them and and the crest. Absolutely destroyed some lad in the group stages and a few minutes later I get an essay of a message in return, along the lines of “**** you ya ****ing frog Thierry Henry cheating scumbag ye were **** in dat world cup anyway ye ****ing losers COYBIG”

That wasn’t even close to the full message. I still haven’t broken the news to him yet. :D

• Advertisement

Personal challange: win with each continent.

Europe and Samerica will be easy, Asia will be tough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Got Gabriel Jesus so have him and Aguero up front now.

Really wish there were more high rated players from Asia and North America, don't care if it's unrealistic I feel like there should be a reason to use those continents.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Anyone have any idea when they will roll out some sbcs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

How long does wc mode last is it just for duration of the tournament

seamie78 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea when they will roll out some sbcs

Thinking we might get a second Icon SBC today, the Prime SBCs dropped every Thursday throughout the year so maybe they'll follow that trend with this.
    shamrock55 wrote: »
    How long does wc mode last is it just for duration of the tournament

Stays after the WC is over I'm pretty sure.

Yeah, they'll stay round till end game now. Otherwise people wouldn't invest so heavily.

Won the WC there. Team of
    Lukaku - Griezmann
    Costa
    Asenio
    Sane
    Matic
    Rose - Baoteng- Blanc - Kimmich
    Patrico

Thats the European victory down anyway.

I despise that there's no web app. I dont get much chance to play the xbox at the moment so when I do, I hate having to do SBCs and team arranging etc during that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Tempted to sell Henry and spend the coins on packs...... badly need a new EU GK or South America full backs. Single player packs + the 7.5k from qualifying group stages haven’t given me and luck yet.

20180531_185140.jpg

Really hope there are some good sbc because I have duplicate Messi and Suarez and aguero and loads more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Decided to go back to normal fut to open my monthly WL rewards and who walks out but TOTS De Gea, I know it means nothing now but I’m still delighted

Might have to try him out a bit ...

Me: Hmm, my packs haven't been great. I should probably stop and save my coins for main mode.

Jayo: DUP MESSI, BITCHES

Me:.....*Spends another 200k*

• Advertisement

So after opening 164 of the 7500 coin packs since game started this is the best European team I have and I probably have enough players to make another 85 European squad.

20180531_190946.jpg

And haven't really started figuring out the best way to go about South America but these are most of the best players from there too as subs.

20180531_190957.jpg

Didn't realise the monthly rewards were giving out TOTS cards, only got Silver 1 for the month but got 93 Luiz Gustavo, exactly what I need to my normal FUT team.

Me: Hmm, my packs haven't been great. I should probably stop and save my coins for main mode.

Jayo: DUP MESSI, BITCHES

Me:.....*Spends another 200k*

Sorry pal haha

meanwhile I have the big dopey lummox Lukaku up front.

He’s dreadful. Only played the 10 games with him so I can get loyalty if I need him for an SBC.

Lads, Crespo or Larson for the main game, to put up with Hernandez?

I reckon I can do one for pretty much nothing with the collection of cards Ive been packing from opening all the bonus packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

jayo26 wrote: »
    So after opening 164 of the 7500 coin packs since game started this is the best European team I have and I probably have enough players to make another 85 European squad.

20180531_190946.jpg

And haven't really started figuring out the best way to go about South America but these are most of the best players from there too as subs.

20180531_190957.jpg

Did you really spend 1.2 m on packs

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Did you really spend 1.2 m on packs

Yep I actually worked it out myself haha.

I had 300k starting off the sold all my tots player alves,kane,ali,young,matic and vertongen there wasn't much point in holding them in done with ultimate team anyway.

Lads, Crespo or Larson for the main game, to put up with Hernandez?

I reckon I can do one for pretty much nothing with the collection of cards Ive been packing from opening all the bonus packs.

Crespo. One of my favourite strikers this year...have him with TOTS Aguero/TOTS Immobile and they’re lethal.

Dropped about 200k into packs.....got mainly duplicates in return. None of the big players yet, but I completed all of the confederations SBCs.

• Advertisement

This is probably the best team I can put together on full chem, been playing full South American so haven't tried it yet.

Screen_Shot_2018-05-31_at_21.35.55.png

Screen_Shot_2018-05-31_at_21.36.56.png

Advertisement