Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Got Aguero and Marcelo which is awesome timing considering I'm trying to do a South American run.#

Just need a decent keeper....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Twice now the last two nights I’ve lost connection for a matter of seconds and been kick out of matches with it counting as a defeat. I had just kicked off the second one. Surely when it happens that early it shouldn’t count as a defeat?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Feels like they're waiting until the World Cup to actually do anything with this mode, which makes me wonder why they released it so early, when TOTS in normal FUT isn't even over.

I really don't understand why they decided to change the chemistry system for this mode, it doesn't make any sense, you can't get everyone on 10 chem if you have a team with more than one continent, you need loyalty just to get everyone to 9 chem.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I really don't understand why they decided to change the chemistry system for this mode, it doesn't make any sense, you can't get everyone on 10 chem if you have a team with more than one continent, you need loyalty just to get everyone to 9 chem.

2014 version was the same.
    And its fine for South America and Europe..the rest are screwed though.

• Advertisement

I won the WC with Sane on 3 chem, and he was one of the best players during the entire run.

Chemistry really isn't that big a deal, I'm finding.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

If I ever get Ramos I'll let the dirty rat bastard Rot in the reserves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Ah man don't go there this is a sanctuary from that madness don't go getting carded in here.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I won the WC with Sane on 3 chem, and he was one of the best players during the entire run.

Chemistry really isn't that big a deal, I'm finding.

Im gonna try starting Messi beside Ronaldo see how they get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

shamrock55 wrote:
    If I ever get Ramos I'll let the dirty rat bastard Rot in the reserves

When has FIFA every had anything to do with real life football?

Get over yourself.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Ah man don't go there this is a sanctuary from that madness don't go getting carded in here.

Can’t card for that :) it’s not the soccer forum :)

RossieMan wrote: »

Get over yourself.

Chrsit man relax, it was obviously a joke :)

okay this is pretty funny
    You don't watch international games then. Guy is in insane form for Brazil. Not the same player that used to warm the bench at spurs at all.

okay this is pretty funny

Checkmate:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

6-1 up in the 75th min and FIFA decided to crash.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Got Ramos, currently my favourite player in the real world. Sweet, gotta love a champions league legend!

My past few games of FIFA has been dire. My word class midfielders such as Eriksen, Pogba (lol) , Kante,Matuidi, Willian etc all started to fail drastically at passing. Every pass was being mislaid and whether long pass or short pass they were all the same.
    My defenders started failing to clear balls, falling over each other and the less said about refs the better. At least 5 continuous games the ref impeded my players and twice denied me when going clear through and 3 times impeded my midfielders when tracking back and allowed the opponent to score at least once as a result.
    Then we had the whole pinball effect where my players kept shooting at goals to get denied and missing open goals. Then at the other end my defenders fail to clear and instead hand the ball to the opponent for an open goal. Scripting sucks in WC mode.
    I’ve gone back to vanilla for my sanity but I’m a sucker for punishment.

On an interesting note on a reddit thread people are talking about pack weights and suggesting that people who never buy packs get better players to entice them into buying packs and people who buy packs tend to get lower weights as they’re already buying them.
    Fifa 19 I will not be buying any packs whatsoever.

Osmosis? Do you ever buy packs?

So, my record currently in WC mode is 15-3

Which is crazy. I've never made a secret of my typical w/l ratio being, at best, 1:1, and usually leaning way more towards 1:2. To be at 5:1 is weird and shows there's some major differences between this and normal FUT.

I don't know is it a player base issue, in terms of the quality of players are low in WC mode. Have "Good" players stuck with normal FUT mode?
    Is match making a bit more banjaxed? Obviously in FUT Seasons, you (in theory) meet people your level. Is that rest in WC mode? Will I eventually meet people my level?
    Is the gameplay just different enough to benefit my style of play?

I've not lost properly in WC mode yet. Had 2 disconnects while winning due to the pc game being absolute balls. I've won the world cup 3 times, games shows I've won it once.

They really don't care about pc at all.

So, my record currently in WC mode is 15-3

Which is crazy. I've never made a secret of my typical w/l ratio being, at best, 1:1, and usually leaning way more towards 1:2. To be at 5:1 is weird and shows there's some major differences between this and normal FUT.

I don't know is it a player base issue, in terms of the quality of players are low in WC mode. Have "Good" players stuck with normal FUT mode?
    Is match making a bit more banjaxed? Obviously in FUT Seasons, you (in theory) meet people your level. Is that rest in WC mode? Will I eventually meet people my level?
    Is the gameplay just different enough to benefit my style of play?

Not to knock you or anything but mine is about the same and I put it down to the 3 group games be so easy and then your matched in second round against other players that breezed through the group's too I don't think we meet a decent level player until the final 4.

• Advertisement

just had jerseys in 3 days from Sandy.

Thats 3 days from ordering. Literally sent on the 30th. Recieved the 31st.

I've waited a week on stuff sent from ireland! insane turn around from DHL.

just had jerseys in 3 days from Sandy.

Thats 3 days from ordering. Literally sent on the 30th. Recieved the 31st.

I've waited a week on stuff sent from ireland! insane turn around from DHL.

Are they fifa jerseys? :)
    And do you wear them while playing ? :)

Lads who's the best icon cb for normal mode who won't cost the earth,I already have 92 puyol

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Lads who's the best icon cb for normal mode who won't cost the earth,I already have 92 puyol

I've over a thousand games with Ferdinand I found him very good.

Not to knock you or anything but mine is about the same and I put it down to the 3 group games be so easy and then your matched in second round against other players that breezed through the group's too I don't think we meet a decent level player until the final 4.

Mate, you're not knocking me. The subtext of my post was I'm **** in FUT so am shocked I'm doing ok in WC mode. :P

Blazer wrote: »
    Are they fifa jerseys? :)
    And do you wear them while playing ? :)

i did get some nice jerseys from watching the stream the other day. does that count?

i dont think i should do the internet anymore.

Mate, you're not knocking me. The subtext of my post was I'm **** in FUT so am shocked I'm doing ok in WC mode. :P

Haha same here mate enjoy it when it lasts ha.

I've over a thousand games with Ferdinand I found him very good.

I know,I'm mad for him but he's about 4-500000 coins still and I haven't the patience to save for him

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I know,I'm mad for him but he's about 4-500000 coins still and I haven't the patience to save for him

That's fair enough too and at this stage you want to be enjoying the players not saving for better ones.

• Advertisement

i dont think i should do the internet anymore.

Lol I’m as bad, I was having a WhatsApp conversation with a mate last week when another mate pinged me on a separate chat. Never even copped it and carried on the original conversation with the 2nd mate till he pinged me asking wtf was I on about :)
    The first guy was waitIng about 30 Mins for my reply

Advertisement