Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Got Kyle Walker meh

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Finally got a huge player in WC, Messi :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got Immobile in my ultimate pack which is pretty good as he's a green link to Del Piero and Birthday Florenzi.

Decided to play the dkt to try to get the 6 wins for De ligt. The guy has tots suarez and literally just has to hit shoot from anywhere to score. It's 6-6 in the 80th minute when he scores a rebound goal and when he runs off to dab for the 7th time his player freezes and gets stuck on the celebration for the next 5 in game minutes :mad:

Got modric in the world cup which is good since it's not another goal keeper. Still no marquee players though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Got modric in the world cup which is good since it's not another goal keeper. Still no marquee players though :(

Yeah I’ve gotten all the high rated defenders and midfielders however no Ronaldo or Messi.
    Defenders are completely broken in WC mode. Their positional sense is awful and when someone like Ronaldo or Messi is charging in they just split wide open to let him through. It’s annoying as hell so I’ven Given up on it until it gets patched. Back to normal mode and having a ball with it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Opened a single pack on WC mode.

Out walks Kante.

Thrilled. I was shuffling between Matic and Carvalho for CDm but that's that spot nailed down now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Opened a single pack on WC mode.

Out walks Kante.

Thrilled. I was shuffling between Matic and Carvalho for CDm but that's that spot nailed down now.

Kante is excellent in wc mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I've now got 3 Agueros in my club from doing these South America packs, just want Suarez or Dybala

I've now got 3 Agueros in my club from doing these South America packs, just want Suarez or Dybala

Ah piss off!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Duplicate Ronaldo in WC mode ...sigh

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    Duplicate Ronaldo in WC mode ...sigh

Just played a guy who has Maradona and Blanc as full icons. Then had Ronaldo and Messi up front...a big fuc u from EA. ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Had 5 games in a row just there where people would accept the match and quit instantly....presumably they’re farming packs. It’s so annoying. ****s up the card stats for your players and wastes a contract too.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,086 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Got Hummels from the SBC. Built a cheap enough hybrid team around him as I want to see how he performs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Got Hummels in the SBC pack, Straight into this evening's SBC you go.

I've been thinking about just suicide my coins total into WC mode.

I had been tempted to wait and see what I can do with the SBC tonight....but while Naldo might not be great, he does cover a position I didn't have untradeables in. If I play a 3 at the back, I can have Naldo, Zanetti, Otamend. At which point, I've got a full 90+ rated team.

I feel I might have a better chance at getting a Ronaldo or Neymar in WC mode than on the SBC, and I'm winning WAAAAY more in WC mode than normal mode. Just reluctant to burn the coins I spent months making :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I've been thinking about just suicide my coins total into WC mode.

I had been tempted to wait and see what I can do with the SBC tonight....but while Naldo might not be great, he does cover a position I didn't have untradeables in. If I play a 3 at the back, I can have Naldo, Zanetti, Otamend. At which point, I've got a full 90+ rated team.

I feel I might have a better chance at getting a Ronaldo or Neymar in WC mode than on the SBC, and I'm winning WAAAAY more in WC mode than normal mode. Just reluctant to burn the coins I spent months making :P

I would have agreed with you but WC mode got tiring fast. I’m back in vanilla mode and really regret ploughing my coins into WC. For the money I spent I could have got Eriksen, Firminio and Fernandinho (all tots)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

WC gameplay is so much better than regular. Went back to regular and its a different game. Still winning, but no skill involved.

I’m kind of regretting putting the 300k or so into WC mode too....didn’t really improve my WC squad at all. Most of my improvements have come from the single players packs.

RossieMan wrote: »
    WC gameplay is so much better than regular. Went back to regular and its a different game. Still winning, but no skill involved.

Maybe on Pc , it’s even more farcical at least on Xbox.
    Lots of people complaining especially around defence which is totally useless

My defence was always useless anyway :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I actually.prefer world cup mode gameplay too and I'm on Xbox. Playing weekend league and daily knockout is just all sweaty players where as world cup mode just seems more relaxed enjoy the games.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    I actually.prefer world cup mode gameplay too and I'm on Xbox. Playing weekend league and daily knockout is just all sweaty players where as world cup mode just seems more relaxed enjoy the games.

I'd imagine having Ronaldo and Messi helps that though, yeah? :P

Joking aside, I HATE Weekend League and really have zero motivation to put myself through that again.

So for me, until Fifa 19 comes out, it's FUT seasons, or WC mode. And I'm not sure I can improve my normal FUT team much more tbh. not without heavy trading again, which I just don't have the heart for right now....

No people are complaining because they can't defend, and WC mode highlights it.

Defenders are fine. Much better than regular UT where speed is key. You can legitimately have slow CBs and can be fine.
    I've not had a proper loss yet, 3 disconnect loses from Windows tabbing me out though. 2 were group stage so didn't really matter. 1 was the final when I was 5-2 up.

RossieMan wrote: »
    No people are complaining because they can't defend, and WC mode highlights it.

Defenders are fine. Much better than regular UT where speed is key. You can legitimately have slow CBs and can be fine.
    I've not had a proper loss yet, 3 disconnect loses from Windows tabbing me out though. 2 were group stage so didn't really matter. 1 was the final when I was 5-2 up.

Sorry but that’s utter rubbish. You’re basing the game on the Pc version. On Xbox Defense is hugely broken on this game. Trying to switch between defenders is a nightmare and then in the 1-2 seconds it takes to switch to the defender you want in the center he’s drifted to the left or right leaving you completely open down the middle. It’s hugely inconsistent.

Must try and do the dkt for De Ligt.
    I have Lewandowski and Sane I can use for the sbc as they are both subs but ideally I’d like to keep at least one of them.

This is my team now: https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/5460410

After I get tots Zoet or Handanavic I was thinking about doing a prime icon as I no longer use Ronaldo or Rijkaard.

I was thinking mathaus would be the best as he only needs two icons and he looks like an insane card. Anybody used him ?

The world cup mode just hasn't grabbed me either. I'm sick of winning the draft and then getting some asian nobodies while the online world cup just feels like a dkt with more games.

I bloody hate playing against Matheus. He has it all really.

Packed Salah on WC mode. Just need to figure out what other African players he works with now.

Submitted Ronaldo for the 100k pack and didn't even get a board :mad::rolleyes:

Salah is almost impossible to get in unless you've got 2 icons to close off his rw spot. Doesn't work in any other formation really toehr than one of the 433.

• Advertisement

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Submitted Ronaldo for the 100k pack and didn't even get a board :mad::rolleyes:

R9?!?! Jesus I’d never do that hahaha I felt bad enough submitting 85 Deco to it and getting **** all.

Advertisement