Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Is anyone else connecting to a game and then immediately disconnecting once it starts to load? Before, it happened with **** chem squads and it was obvious that they were farming packs, but now it’s happening with actual full strength teams. About 9 games it’s happened, 6 games in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

They probably still farming :)

wonski wrote: »
    They probably still farming :)

Just read it on the FIFA forums there....some saying it’s a glitch and some saying it’s farming. Either way, it’s annoying as ****. Can’t even get a proper game. Only started in the last two days as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Is it even boosted versions of the players? Already have Rodriquez and Lewandowski...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Is it even boosted versions of the players? Already have Rodriquez and Lewandowski...

Nope.
    Complete rubbish sbc. I mean without a doubt the worst sbcs ever.
    What they should have done was have an icon if possible for each country and allow people to complete 3 of them etc to make it interesting and that people still require base cards but instead we got this rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

What's wrong with having the chance to get Lewandowski? Is he not 91 rated or thereabouts? I'll be doing it when I next get on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Yea not sure what's peoples expectations are. What's the point in giving away 3 icons now? So everyone will have stopped playing by this time next week?

They've got to layer the rewards. Not everyone has gone out and spent 500k on the packs.
    They're great rewards to be fair, very easy to get too.

They do need to have something to sort the duplicate piles out. I'm discarding loads from it now.

Liamalone wrote: »
    What's wrong with having the chance to get Lewandowski? Is he not 91 rated or thereabouts? I'll be doing it when I next get on

Probably because nearly every single person would have Ronaldo, Messi,Mbappe etc so he’s redundant.
    Plus who’s got 11 polish players?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

if you have the 11 polish players you have better options than Lewandowski

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Market in vanilla mode seems to have recovered to an extent. I had a list of the following to buy: Naingolan IF, Pjanic TOTS, Icardi TOTS and Insigne TOTS. I was sitting on around 200k when World Cup mode dropped and all the above were going for less than 100k (Naingolan going for around 55k). Wanted to save up a bit more so I could afford all 4 (I have nearly 300k now).

Unfortunately they have all shot up in price in the mean time. Naingolan now goes for 65k and all the rest are around 120k (I had seen Icardi for less than 90k).

Do people think the market has settled now or is it likely to drop again when the actual World Cup starts? I should be able afford the first three players on my list but had hopped to go for Insigne as I would be close to affording him too based on old prices.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Blazer wrote: »
    Plus who’s got 11 polish players?

Me!! Haha I did it last night to have him I wont use him but I won't use 11 polish players either so may aswell have him there for a future sbc.

If I had a decent Colombian keeper I would of got James too.

Nah market is settled now. Prices only going up as WC doesn't have any longevity to it at all.

If they don't put some sort of WL into it there's nothing to do. No challenge in winning the WC.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Nah market is settled now. Prices only going up as WC doesn't have any longevity to it at all.

If they don't put some sort of WL into it there's nothing to do. No challenge in winning the WC.
    I feared as much. Might hold off another week or so and hope that WC mode is improved. Not playing it myself but maybe they are holding features back until the WC begins.

I feared as much. Might hold off another week or so and hope that WC mode is improved. Not playing it myself but maybe they are holding features back until the WC begins.

Redo91 wrote: »
    Market in vanilla mode seems to have recovered to an extent. I had a list of the following to buy: Naingolan IF, Pjanic TOTS, Icardi TOTS and Insigne TOTS. I was sitting on around 200k when World Cup mode dropped and all the above were going for less than 100k (Naingolan going for around 55k). Wanted to save up a bit more so I could afford all 4 (I have nearly 300k now).

Unfortunately they have all shot up in price in the mean time. Naingolan now goes for 65k and all the rest are around 120k (I had seen Icardi for less than 90k).

Do people think the market has settled now or is it likely to drop again when the actual World Cup starts? I should be able afford the first three players on my list but had hopped to go for Insigne as I would be close to affording him too based on old prices.

I would skip Insigne if I were you.

He is fast, but that's all. Both him and Immobile I found lacking physicality and ball control and everything else... maybe it was just me, though.

Immobile is quality for me. Have him up front with TOTS Aguero and Crespo at CAM. All 3 banging in goals for fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I'm getting sick of WC mode now the rewards are pants,if playing offline tournament do you get better rewards the higher the lvl you play or is it all the same

Damn ptg Jesus was going for 60k the other night. Said I’d wait till the morning time and he’s back around 140k.
    Was some nice bargains to be had.

Redo91 wrote: »

I would skip Insigne if I were you.

He is fast, but that's all. Both him and Immobile I found lacking physicality and ball control and everything else... maybe it was just me, though.

Thanks for the heads up on Insigne. I meant to say in my original post that of the four players I listed Pjanic and Naingolan were the only two I was definitely getting as I‘ve been meaning to upgrade my 85 rated Matuidi and Pjanic for ages. If I couldn’t afford all four (doesn’t look likely now with the market) it was going to be a decision between Insigne and Icardi. I already have both of their 88 rated IF. I find both great but Icardi could do with the extra pace and Insigne is so weak. Was hoping their TOTS cards wouldn’t suffer from the same weaknesses.

Was leaning towards Icardi in any event so good to hear Insigne isn’t all that.

so glad I traded in my Sane and Lewandowski tots cards to get Neymar's one.
    He's absolutely unreal and one of the best strikers I've played with in years for Fifa.

D5476459-_C35_C-44_E6-8169-_CE2225_EDF3_FA.png

David Luiz doesn't cut the mustard at this stage so I swap him for tots Skriniar who for 45k is a snap and brilliant.

10262_B28-97_FB-4_B76-90_D4-95955311942_E.png

• Advertisement

That zaha card is one of the worst I've ever used. His pace is his only asset. He can't finish 1v1s. He's useless. Wouldn't have him near my finished squad.

That zaha card is one of the worst I've ever used. His pace is his only asset. He can't finish 1v1s. He's useless. Wouldn't have him near my finished squad.

Disagree again mate I used him as a cam and he is very good. His shooting i didn't find poor at all compared to tots dele ali on the other side as cam zaha scored and assisted more then double.

Seems like there always are two different opinions on every player :)

Seems like there always are two different opinions on every player :)

That's why the best way is to form your own opinion :)

Yea? Jesus I found him useless. Still have the card actually. He's just not as good as del piero or Costa as a cam, for me.

I had both his 84 and 86 cards, found them much better. I found IF Lanzini to be better than him, too.

I thought so too at the start. But Firminio is too slow for ST so I swap them in-game and voila..Zaha is banging in the goals all of a sudden. That's why I have the CF card on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I didn't think much of zaha either tbh

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I didn't think much of zaha either tbh

it just shows what a mockery what EA makes of Fifa.
    a 17 year kid Ryan Sessegnon has 97 composure for a LB while a host of out and out strikers have less..way less...joke..
    I know CBs have very high composure but changing your LB to a LW and forgetting to reduce composure for defenders to the striker version is a farce.

Made it to the final, 3-1 down managed to pull it back to 3-2 in the 85th. Last attack of the game, Dembele in the box gets dispossessed, the defender takes a heavy touch and Dembele wins it back in the 6 yard box and the whistle is blown just as he’s making the cross to the unmarked man in front of goal.....

Actually couldn’t believe it. Hasn’t happened to me before where they’ve ended the game at a ridiculous moment.

• Advertisement

Happened to me few times. The most ridiculous one was awarding a penalty to me after the ball just landed in the net.

Of course I missed the penalty :)

Advertisement