Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I now have icon Moore,blanc, Ronaldinho,and Hernandez

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I reckon EA weren’t supposed to make this repeatable :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Gets home. Fifa needs to update , 4.28gb ...you cocks!!!

I reckon EA weren’t supposed to make this repeatable :pac:

It's ruined the whole world cup mode now,the whole thing is now pointless

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »
    It's ruined the whole world cup mode now,the whole thing is now pointless

Well they can fix it.
    Roll out an update that limits the number of icons in your team.
    I mean it’s just killed pack sales for it

Stop all sbc now its only right :)

jayo26 wrote: »
    Stop all sbc now its only right :)

Lol. Got there just in time.
    First 3 packs.
    All German , 2x Klose and Matheus.
    Gets Moore, then 2 pele and Ronaldinho.
    Still could do with a striker.
    Ok Lineker and Costa.
    Yep have to agree it’s ridiculous.

Just had that glitch where you’re stuck in the pause menu and it doesn’t load back into the game...the last time, I just quit it and it worked and I had the win. This time, not so much...lost my 3-0 win in the semi finals :(

It will be interesting see how EA react to this latest screw up.
    There’s no way this was meant to be a repeatable SBC.
    If they leave as is the game is basically destroyed as most people will roll with their icons.
    I’m glad I still have my super team in vanilla mode.
    Reckon we’ll see a big surge back to that mode if things stay as they are.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    It will be interesting see how EA react to this latest screw up.
    There’s no way this was meant to be a repeatable SBC.
    If they leave as is the game is basically destroyed as most people will roll with their icons.
    I’m glad I still have my super team in vanilla mode.
    Reckon we’ll see a big surge back to that mode if things stay as they are.

Stopping it now won't change much there is only 14 or 15 icons possible to get and most people I've seen have at least 7 or 8 in start 11.

It don't bother me either way I was mostly playing it just because there is no pressure on it you playing games just for fun mostly and don't have the keep ball sh1t of vanilla mode so I'll still enjoy it and play it casually.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Let's see then. Going to do a few packs.

1. Pele

Lol, awesome. That's the end of normal FUT for me then. Not even sure how to use the bastard.

2. Blanc :(
    3. Costa :(
    4. Nakata
    5. Okdcha
    6. Blanc :(

And coming up, a sentence I never thought I'd type.

7. Duplicate Pele
    8. Klose

Not bad, not great. Considering I had a tonne of high rated players, I got a tonne of feee legends to mess round with.

I don't see much point in not sinking my last 100k into WC packs now and doing a load more of these though. I'm annoyed cause I played WC mode to get away from the legends nonsense, only for it to be so, so much worse now.

But bugger hell, Pele! I actually got Pele. How do I not just go all in on WC mode now and just mess round with teams built round him for the rest of the game's life?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Pele's ****e, tbh. No way does he play like a 98.

yeah got 2 Pele's two and used him for a SBC.
    I also got Costa from a pack.
    I played some poor chap this morning who only had his base icon (still Hernandez) but I'm pretty sure he was looking at my team going wtf?.
    Its a real pity though. As far as I knew all the cards were dynamic so as the tournament progressed your base players were more than likely going to increase their stats.

RossieMan wrote: »

I found they're very slow or lethargic really.
    My tots Neymar is miles ahead and my vanilla team feels a lot more fluid and attacking going forward.
    Both my WC team and vanilla team are set up identical for custom tactics and 4-2-2-2 formation but vaniall mode feels a lot lot better. Could be the servers etc.

Some day, I'll get a rare high rated player and you'll share my enthusiasm rather than rush to tell me how dreadful they are :(

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Some day, I'll get a rare high rated player and you'll share my enthusiasm rather than rush to tell me how dreadful they are :(

I think we all doubt that tbh :D

Just being honest. Matthias is the best midfield card on WC mode. Hands down. Had him in a draft, he's head and shoulders above any other midfielder.

Then CR is the very best.

Did 2 more

Okocha again
    Ronaldinho :D

Yeap, that's me 100% done with normal FUT.

Ronald.....nah he's actually pretty good. Have him myself. His passing is insane.

• Advertisement

Ronald.....nah he's actually pretty good. Have him myself. His passing is insane.

I think he is sh1t :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

The world cup mode is ruined by the icons now.

Should have a limit of 1 icon per squad some of them are insane.

I agree but there's no way EA will do that.
    Some people are suggesting that they're doing it to get people to use all their players up and during the WC will bring out a load of upgraded players etc so people will have to spend coins etc.

Playing today, I've actually decided I don't mind now tbh.

WC mode is basically the super-casual version of FUT. Easy to get top players, but relatively little in way of different competitions and such.

Normal FUT is for the hardcore players, and you'll have a bigger pool of 90+ players to build around. WC is basically an arcade mode now.

Ronaldinho is bloody special. 8 goals in 8 games, 4 assists. Most of them off chem as an LF as well. He's incredible.

Pele is grand. 5 goals in 8 games, 2 assists. Not sure where his best position is yet though, or what system to use.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Pele is grand. 5 goals in 8 games, 2 assists. Not sure where his best position is yet though, or what system to use.

I play him as a ST in 4312 beside Henry. Unreal there, dribbles last everyone likes it’s nothing....and surprisingly strong. Doesn’t get pushed off the ball too easily. His heading is actually brilliant from corners too....just whip it in near post and he’ll out jump most defenders, it’s insane.

Previously played him as a wide CAM in 4231 and CAM in 4312, but he wasn’t as involved as I’d like. ST suits very well.

Ronaldinho is my fav icon,I don't much like CR7 tbh,I'd love to have maradona or original Ronaldo they always seem deadly when I play against them,I can also see why alot of people have Hernandez in normal mode

Had 50k spare coins so said i’d do a few packs and try and see if I could do one more icon pack.
    Low and behold I get R9 from the 7.5k pack :)

Gets Okocha from my icon pack then.
    I definitely can’t complain about my icon packs.
    Out of 13 packs I got the following
    2x Klose
    2x Pele
    Ronaldinho
    Ronaldo
    Costa
    Matthaus
    Blanc
    Moore
    Hernandez
    Lineker
    Okocha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I declare it ruined! Their thingys are better than my thingys!

Edit: it is farked, I've played two games since the SBC and met teams of 8 and 9 icons respectively. I've played my usual game, with my virgin five icons, and played well. Got hammered both times with numerous wonder goals from outside the box. I can't defend against that craic lol. Meh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Brazilian Ronaldo is pure Filth!

• Advertisement

Any Ronaldo is filthy

Advertisement