Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

So many many icons..too many CAMS for me.

02_E7_DB3_E-63_A8-4_BD9-_B810-_DA2_A854393_CE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

So I just noticed that the next two WL's are one nation only, that’s a shame was really enjoying my end team, probably the final nail in the coffin of normal FUT for me unfortunately

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blazer, I know I said Ronaldinho was special but that's taking the piss :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Blazer, I know I said Ronaldinho was special but that's taking the piss :P

Lol.
    Ronaldinho starts on the bench but I’m dropping Pele for him.
    I have tots Neymar and he feels like a 97 rated player but Pele doesn’t feel anything special at all on this mode.

I actually played with all my icons with Moore in goals etc for total chem of 55.
    It took me 6 attempts before someone would actually play me. Everyone would quit once they saw my team.
    He rage quit after I went 4-1 up ...lol oh lol..
    I think i’ll Just play with icons the entire team just for the laugh

2nd game I lost 6-4.
    Lineker isn’t as good as Moore in goals. But every time I had the ball your man shat himself

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    Lineker isn’t as good as Moore in goals.

*First world problems

Quality of player in WC has gone up, I feel. Struggling to win my three matches now, and way more people doing flicks and stuff.

I just need a good LB/RB and Messi for RW and that's as good as I can get really. I've definitely found the standard has risen but now I'm just messing around doing all the flicks and stuff and trying to score outrageous goals..don't even care if I qualify or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I just need a good LB/RB and Messi for RW and that's as good as I can get really. I've definitely found the standard has risen but now I'm just messing around doing all the flicks and stuff and trying to score outrageous goals..don't even care if I qualify or not.

Thats what I like about it no pressure to do anything.

I won the world cup with a 3412 formation this morning with ronaldinho on the left side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

In most games I play, i attempt to rainbow flick to a half volley and score or rainbow flick it over the keeper.....only managed the half volley one with Rashford so far. Hopefully it’ll be easier with the icons :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

In most games I play, i attempt to rainbow flick to a half volley and score or rainbow flick it over the keeper.....only managed the half volley one with Rashford so far. Hopefully it’ll be easier with the icons :pac:

How do you do it,I've had a few do it against me

shamrock55 wrote: »

Shows all the skills for each level and how to do them...very good I found.
    Everyone should be doing 5* skills now :D

Maybe we should have a best goal of WC mode during it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

shamrock55 wrote: »

The video above will basically show you how to do it...practice it in the practice arena first, takes a few tries to perfect the timing of it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

As someone who likes the concept of ultimate team but doesn't want to pay money for packs and doesn't have the time to grind for coins or use the market, the world cup version is ideal for me. I'm no "super casual" either, just enjoy the other modes more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

ShaneU wrote: »
    As someone who likes the concept of ultimate team but doesn't want to pay money for packs and doesn't have the time to grind for coins or use the market, the world cup version is ideal for me. I'm no "super casual" either, just enjoy the other modes more.

It should have been entertaining for the duration of the worldcup though, now it's longevity is completely done. No player updates will make any difference to anyone's team except a mad Messi or Ronaldo upgrade. One 24hour icon SBC per week would have been fine.

hots wrote: »
    It should have been entertaining for the duration of the worldcup though, now it's longevity is completely done. No player updates will make any difference to anyone's team except a mad Messi or Ronaldo upgrade. One 24hour icon SBC per week would have been fine.

There’s still a lot of people who only have the one icon

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

have got a nice selection of icons now including pele and maradona, cant seem to pack any of the fullbacks though, has anyone packed carlos or zanetti in the wc mode, team at the minute is Russian icon in goal, cbs moore and blanc, rb kinmmich, lb sandro, cdm matheus, lm neymar, rm messi, cam pele(luv him), with maradona and cr7 up front

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I haven't she's one team who hasn't had 5 orore in the starting line up. Would matches since the icon SBC came out.

The players are ****e ****e, I've an average of 4.4 goals a game. Hardly ever get to the final whistle.

seamie78 wrote: »
    have got a nice selection of icons now including pele and maradona, cant seem to pack any of the fullbacks though, has anyone packed carlos or zanetti in the wc mode, team at the minute is Russian icon in goal, cbs moore and blanc, rb kinmmich, lb sandro, cdm matheus, lm neymar, rm messi, cam pele(luv him), with maradona and cr7 up front

There’s no Carlos or Zanetti. A pity as Inwould have loved both of them.
    Just a shed load of CAMs.

There’s no Carlos or Zanetti. A pity as Inwould have loved both of them.
    Just a shed load of CAMs.

well that explains that, I assumed all the old icons carried over to wc mode, guess im stuck with what I have then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You've got all the best ones by the sounds of things.

It really doesn't have any longevity in it. Don't know what they were thinking with the icon SBC.

RossieMan wrote: »
    You've got all the best ones by the sounds of things.

It really doesn't have any longevity in it. Don't know what they were thinking with the icon SBC.

seems easier to pack pele than linekar got 3 of pele, crazy stuff, I probably have them all now must check out the full list

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

There can't be many, I'm RTG'ing the mode and have 4 now, having recycled a dupe too. Gonna leave it at that and see if I can keep up with just the 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Well I for one am loving the pressure free experience of world cup mode. It's a great way to bow out of ultimate team after years of trading finally getting a chance to play with a team of elite players.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

jayo26 wrote: »
    Well I for one am loving the pressure free experience of world cup mode. It's a great way to bow out of ultimate team after years of trading finally getting a chance to play with a team of elite players.

Have to agree, I got Hernandez so have him up top with Ronny and maradona being, neymar and Messi on the wings, kante as my cdm. Marcelo as LB, Ramos and puyol as cbs and it's great fun. Might go for one more icon but not too sure on that unless I get Ronaldo for up top :D

I haven't got any after 14 games.

I haven't got any after 14 games.

did you not do the sbc?

Porteguese flag, Striker, Ronaldooooo, no Silva, frackers. That’s twice they caught me with that.
    On the plus side I pulled Yashin.
    The only ones I am now short are Henry and Maradonna.

did you not do the sbc?

That's only a loan player though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

That's only a loan player though?

No ;)

Advertisement