Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Done another icon and out popped Ronaldo :D squad is at 192 now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Kimbot wrote: »
    Done another icon and out popped Ronaldo :D squad is at 192 now :)

Hope you have 100 chem :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

jayo26 wrote: »
    Hope you have 100 chem :)

Oh I do ;) I was on 99 chem with my 190 but 91 rated squad :P

Kimbot wrote: »
    Oh I do ;) I was on 99 chem with my 190 but 91 rated squad :P

You can join the club so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's like draft, you gotta have 100 chem for it to count ;)

Some serious looking teams you've got there though.

I find I'm searching through games before i get an actual match. Obviously some glitch out there to farm packs. They start, kick the ball twice and back out. Fierce annoying.

• Advertisement

My team is now:

Ronaldo
    Okacha-maradona
    Neymar-messi
    Kante
    Marcelo-ramos-puyol-carvjal
    Patricio

Its probanly a pc thing but I've no problem at all with people quitting. I'm not playing itnso much but when I do I don't have anyone quitting at the start it's usually just the usual 3 goals up and they quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Finally moved on from 42222, I kept breaking down the in the middle. Switched to 41212(2) and adjusted my custom tactics and player instructions and what a difference it makes. 2 league titles on the trot. Replicated it for the World Cup and finally winning matched again after a dreadful losing streak.
    As good as R9/Henry are none of them compare to tots Neymar. I just love playing with him.

Custom tactics are a waste of time in WC mode. They've pretty much confirmed it doesn't work. Can't find the link for the source on my phone though.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Custom tactics are a waste of time in WC mode. They've pretty much confirmed it doesn't work. Can't find the link for the source on my phone though.

Yep, what you have to do is in the middle of a game change one value and it will then work. Shocking from EA but are we really surprised?
    Last year or 16 it was that chemistry wasn’t working for IF cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Managed to win the world cup for the first time with hernandez, lineker and mathaus making up for the rest of my squad.

I opened my packs after: Brazil, lw, Taison :( Ramos is still the my highest rated normal player and that was in my starter pack.

Got Maradonna in my next icon pack though so swings and roundabouts :)

I still need Messi, CR7 and a good right back.

Blazer wrote: »
    I still need Messi, CR7 and a good right back.

It's easier to get pele then it is to get a right back. I just play felepe luise on the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Had to change formation from my 4-1-2-1-2 with right and left mids to the 4-5-1 with 2 CAMs as I was overloaded with Ronaldinho, Maradona, Okocha, De Bruyne and Kroos. Not used to playing with one up top but Heavy Set Ronaldo is wrecking teams - 12 in 4 since the switch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bought Far Cry 5 which is keeping me away. Had been keeping an eye out to see how they'd handle upgrades. Looks like the upgrades are based solely on the base WC cards, not on the FUT IF cards, as had been hoped.

7qvcxb9pl8411.jpg

Ronaldo now a 96 ha ill have that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Not sure how I feel about this "fcuk defending" world cup mode. In the online tournament (outside of FUT), I scored 6 or 7 in every game, normally conceding 1-3. It's like the players you aren't controlling are on amateur AI. It's a bit mad.

Also, how many icon upgrade SBCs have you all done? I've done about 12 but just get duplicates (Moore or Yashin) every time. I'm seeing crazy teams with R9, Henry, Matthias, Maradona so presumably people are doing hundreds of these things!

v3ttel wrote: »
    Not sure how I feel about this "fcuk defending" world cup mode. In the online tournament (outside of FUT), I scored 6 or 7 in every game, normally conceding 1-3. It's like the players you aren't controlling are on amateur AI. It's a bit mad.

Also, how many icon upgrade SBCs have you all done? I've done about 12 but just get duplicates (Moore or Yashin) every time. I'm seeing crazy teams with R9, Henry, Matthias, Maradona so presumably people are doing hundreds of these things!

I done 4 icons and got maradona, puyol, Hernandez and Ronaldo. Got okacha from a standard pack and ronny/blanc are loans :)

No joke, id say I've done 25+.

Just missing Matthaus and maradona from the big ones.

v3ttel wrote: »

I did about 17 and got every icon apart from Maradonna. Very lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Back on after a few days of not playing, 5k pack, 96 Ronaldo :D

you never lost it did you ? :)

I may let you login on mine and open my packs :pac:

So have gotten Dupe Maradona/Hernandez/Puyol, traded Maradona in and got Hernandez then traded him in for Puyol. Traded Puyol in for Blanc :D

So I have the following icons now: Maradona/Okacha/Deco/Ronaldo/Puyol/Hernandez/Blanc, I just need Alves for RB and maybe an upgrade in goal, currently have Courtious in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johny Cage

Have not played in ages. Decided to give World Cup mode a go. Everyone I play online has at least 3 icons, I have one player rated 83 everyone else is 70s and under. Fifa matchmaking at its best.

Johny Cage wrote: »
    Have not played in ages. Decided to give World Cup mode a go. Everyone I play online has at least 3 icons, I have one player rated 83 everyone else is 70s and under. Fifa matchmaking at its best.

Once you get a few games in it will change.

Still waiting for the Portugal sbc to crop up.

91 lozano, 95 isco and a 98 at Ronaldo for normal UT. My god.

Edit: some more cards just released. 92 coutinho. 90 Mooy. Might be finally something to play for on regular FUT.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Hoped those huge upgrades would come to WC mode too, give out some cards than can compete with the icons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Johny Cage wrote: »

Play offline for a bit until you can get a competitive team, if you win the world cup offline twice you'd be able to make a decent side I reckon

Advertisement