Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Came back after a week of not playing.

Won three knock out games.

Lost five games, 15 goals conceded, 0 scored.

Whelp. Goodbye Fifa again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I think the problem might be your playstyle. Scoring in WC mode is the easiest it's ever been. Defending the hardest.
    Aube try some of the training drills, I found them great when starting out trying to get a grasp of the game. Might be a bit late in the day now, you'll have loads of bad habits.

I'm 45-18 on WC mode. As I said, won three, then badly lost five on the bounce, like I got matched against a higher skill level of player after the wins. I've been here before, and we've had this out before. My quality of play didn't drop off a cliff to go from winning most of my games to not being able to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I'm a poor enough player but the defending in WC mode is killing me in every knockout game! My tactic now is basically defend through possession and desperately doing anything to stop a shot being taken. Maradonna et al can be facing the completely wrong way and pickout the top corner without fail, Yashin and Neuer in goal doing very little in return.

Having some fun playing lukaku (upgraded nicely) an cavani upfront together in a narrow 4312, and willian playing as an 8chem RB because I can't seem to pack anyone decent there, posession and crosses all day!

Two more Icon packs.

Matthaus
    Blanc for the forth time

Needed the German anyway so that's grand return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Two more Icon packs.

Matthaus
    Blanc for the forth time

Needed the German anyway so that's grand return.

I've done 4 icon squad building challenges and got Costa, Pelé, Okocha and Maradona. Are Pelé and Maradona rarer than the others? I was surprised to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

That 92 Rooney card is pretty tasty.
    Or Zlatan.

https://www.futhead.com/18/totw/classic-european-heroes/

Given that no-one is opening packs, their prices are mental. Most are extinct on pc.

Its long passed the point now where the power creep is putting me off with regards team building for next year's game. Its like there's always a newer, more OP card round the corner, ready to crash the market and grab your money.

I'm wondering if we'll see our first Rated 100 card next year...

Lord TSC wrote: »

I'm wondering if we'll see our first Rated 100 card next year...

Ronaldo keeps scoring in the WC and we could see it in a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Defending in WC mode is hard. Really easy for through balls to completely destroy your midfield and defence all in one go.

I haven't played it in about a week now even with my superteam.
    I'm much happier with vanilla mode.
    This is my final XI now. Apart from Jesus who is replaced by Kaka or potm Zaha the rest are perfect.

Also I noticed recently that any images I post from my mobile show up on touch boards but not on my pc..
    3_D1_DCA32-_CDFB-47_A9-90_F9-6_ED24_A796_BAF.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I really like the world cup mode.

Finally broke my poor pack record in it yesterday by getting Klose in a normal pack and today I got CR7 in a 7.5k pack and Ronaldinho in an icon pack.

I also got my first sore loser in the wc mode who moaned that I only won because I had better players. This was a few days ago so I had a much worse team, I beat him 8-0 and he only had 25 chemistry so some people really can't accept losing :rolleyes:

I just need the two other brazilians, Henry, Costa and the centre backs to have used all the icons which is my goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Gyan84 wrote: »
    I really like the world cup mode.

Finally broke my poor pack record in it yesterday by getting Klose in a normal pack and today I got CR7 in a 7.5k pack and Ronaldinho in an icon pack.

I also got my first sore loser in the wc mode who moaned that I only won because I had better players. This was a few days ago so I had a much worse team, I beat him 8-0 and he only had 25 chemistry so some people really can't accept losing :rolleyes:

I just need the two other brazilians, Henry, Costa and the centre backs to have used all the icons which is my goal.

Packed Neymar myself yesterday out of a single player pack, delighted. Running him and Willian either side of 90-rated Cavani, great fun up front, buck-tooth ronny in behind in a midfield of him, matthaus and Paulinho. Limiting myself to 2 or 3 icons at most in each team... really wish they had multiple squad spots.

Decided to cash in all my players and went with a lique 1 tots team which was rated 92.
    Awful rubbish..now I know why they were so cheap.
    Back to my brazilian/BPL hybrid team.

Stupid game. I’m being hammered by teams rated 82 etc and last night I played a guy with a 95 rated team with me being down 3 within 10 mins. Made a comeback though to win 4-3 at the last shot.
    My team turns to muck when I come up against weaker teams.
    anyway had it with FIFA and have my Xbox one x up for sale on adverts.
    Also if anyone wants the following players for min BIN pm me.
    I have the following .
    Tots Firminiho, Tots Talisca, tots Felipe Luis, tots Maicon, IF Fernandinho and Aurier and base De Gea.
    Eg the min bin for Firminio is 29.2k :)
    It’s a pity you can’t trade cards as I have tots Neymar as well as a few others.

To make it fair I will limit one per person unless no demand

Speckydodge gets Firminio...enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

How are you getting rid of them for min bin mate?

jayo26 wrote: »
    How are you getting rid of them for min bin mate?

how or why?
    If how I'm simply listing then as the lowest I can sell..according to Firminio the lowest is 29k I can sell him for and a buy now of 29,250k. I didn't list but will let you know how it goes shortly,
    If why? I'm getting out of the console gaming as I want to spend more time on my guitar and I'm looking to pick up a fender strat..
    I already have my pc for gaming so trying to cut it back a bit to focus on other hobbies :)

No I ment how were you selling them cheap to people on here without others buying them that's all.

I'm the same mate havent looked at Xbox in few weeks.

• Advertisement

No I ment how were you selling them cheap to people on here without others buying them that's all.

I'm the same mate havent looked at Xbox in few weeks.

Oh well party chat and list them and let them hopefully find them straightaway before the bots
    Eg list firminio for 29k with bin of 29,250, specky will already have the filter set up and as soon as I list he should find it within a second and buy now. At least that’s how i hope it will work out.

Ah yeah i get you mate.

Don't do it for minium, do it for 1-2k over and it'll throw off some of the bots from buying them. Should be able to do it at this stage of FIFA anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Yayyyyy, won the World Cup! Who cares? Nobody. Even I don't care. The key is staying sober I think.

Love World cup mode, have a cracking team, still get a trouncing here and there but sure that's Fifa.

Not played in ages but noticed several of my favourite WC cards are getting upgrades in my absense. Griezmann, Mbappe, Marcelo, William.

Should be remotely interesting when I get back.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Yayyyyy, won the World Cup! Who cares? Nobody. Even I don't care. The key is staying sober I think.

Love World cup mode, have a cracking team, still get a trouncing here and there but sure that's Fifa.

Liam do you play any other games? I'm going to miss your drunken game requests haha

Liam do you play any other games? I'm going to miss your drunken game requests haha

lol I don't know what you're talking about :D I play the odd other game here and there but usually just fifa :(

Liamalone wrote: »
    lol I don't know what you're talking about :D I play the odd other game here and there but usually just fifa :(

Screenshot_20180709-235008.jpg

20180709_235034.jpg

Hahahaha

Lol good man Liam :)

• Advertisement

Thanks Jayo, I thought we had a connection, now that it's public....... It's over :(

Edit : lmao ****ty Wok (South Park)

Advertisement