Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Blazer wrote: »
    Did he get anyone though :)

Chellini was the best he got. Insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Paully D wrote: »
    Chellini was the best he got. Insane.

That’s crazy. I know he probably has a few million in coins from the players but still.
    I was reading before that the odds of getting Ronaldo and Messi was about 1 in 4.5 million thanks to EA’s weighting system.

On the good side I’m very happy with my team.
    Jesus and Erickson are unreal and belting in goals for me. Erikson is lethal at any range.
    Last year I couldn’t use them but this year I find them fantastic.
    Have about 500k coins now and dying to buy an icon.
    Must resist urge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Have 160k now. Was going to go PL but it's crazy expensive, predictably.

Serie A is still pricey but manageable, think I'll start with that.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Have 160k now. Was going to go PL but it's crazy expensive, predictably.

Serie A is still pricey but manageable, think I'll start with that.

Yeah I was lucky with some good pulls like Lloris twice and Varane and Higuain.
    I then got untradeable Erikson (80k), Sane (70k) and Schmeichil which kinda forced me to go BPL for the first time since 2014 and I’m actually enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Apparently I'm half way between Elite 1 and top 100 at the moment in squad battles. I'm away for the weekend though which is a pain....

My ranking is probably a bit artificially high because of the timezone difference, squad battles are 5pm to 5pm for me, so I probably get to play my 4 games while it's night time for most EU players. Not sure how that works though, because for the first cycle, I will still only like Gold after 4 games.

I thought it would be much harder to get Elite this week as most players only got the game on Friday and you'd have a 2 day head start. Hasn't seemed to work out that way. I wonder if a lot of people are bothering with it, and more are just waiting for the weekend league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Lost 3 in a row since getting to div 6. Switching to high press won me 6 or 7 in a row, but not sure if its better teams I'm facing or players, but getting cut up in defence again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Sitting on 300k + some IFs after packing Sane earlier on from marquee matchups. Will be able to afford an Icon soon enough :D

First team...

DLZ4H4UWkAEE4qD.jpg

Compared Anderson and Cuadrado and can't see why Cuadrado would cost 20k extra other than 5 star skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Very new to FUT and have what i'm sure is a very dumb question but how do i know if a player is "rare" or not? Trying to do SBCs but can't tell who's rare and who's not? Is it on their card or what, feeling very thick haha

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Very new to FUT and have what i'm sure is a very dumb question but how do i know if a player is "rare" or not? Trying to do SBCs but can't tell who's rare and who's not? Is it on their card or what, feeling very thick haha

Rare are the shiney cards while non rare are non shiney. If that makes sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

astradave wrote: »
    Rare are the shiney cards while non rare are non shiney. If that makes sense

Ah i see it now, thought the card itself would have something written on it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

J. Marston wrote: »
    First team...

Compared Anderson and Cuadrado and can't see why Cuadrado would cost 20k extra other than 5 star skills.

Looks great. The problem for me with Serie A is CAM/CF and ST. I can't see any good options apart from Mertens (can't afford him) and Gomez (not really familiar with him IRL). Higuain is too slow for me and Dybala way too expensive.

The rest of the team is great though. I was half thinking of putting something like that together with Insigne up top, Costa at LW and Gomez at CAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

v3ttel wrote: »
    Looks great. The problem for me with Serie A is CAM/CF and ST. I can't see any good options apart from Mertens (can't afford him) and Gomez (not really familiar with him IRL). Higuain is too slow for me and Dybala way too expensive.

The rest of the team is great though. I was half thinking of putting something like that together with Insigne up top, Costa at LW and Gomez at CAM.

I play Valero at Cam and does the job for now until I get more funds.

Gomez in front of him doing fine until I get Dybala. Had the same issue with Higuain who just doesn't fit my game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

v3ttel wrote: »

Bonaventura as cam is excellent I've used him last year and this year love him.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Bonaventura as cam is excellent I've used him last year and this year love him.

I play him as cm in 433 (4) formation, does a lot of defending work if needed.

I might switch him and Valero around to see how he performs there, but with Valero's 37 goals and 28 assists in 68 games I am not sure about that.

In my formation Bonaventura seems to be better to stay back a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

I'd honestly love to know how people can beat the squad battle games on ultimate. Chanced my arm trying a game tonight. Only lost 3-1 but was completely destroyed all over the pitch. I was able to win games last week on world class but this had to drop down to professional

I'd honestly love to know how people can beat the squad battle games on ultimate. Chanced my arm trying a game tonight. Only lost 3-1 but was completely destroyed all over the pitch. I was able to win games last week on world class but this had to drop down to professional

I won 1 in 2 on average.

Some are easy, some not.

Compare it with div10 game last night against a guy who had 6 icons, 4 premium players and Van Dijk (???) and I like it.

Only do it for rewards. Way too easy to get those rewards. I thought it was an error until I got them :)

Really enjoying it since they patched the game.
    I think this is the best FIFA in years.
    Erikson is an absolute beast at CAM in 4-3-3(4) and With Jesus in front both of them are raking in the goals.
    I find the game seems to reward players who pass the ball around, do some skill and maintain possession.
    So far I haven’t seen any defenders falling over themselves in so called scripting issues etc

First two games of Fifa 18, one in seasons and one in squad battles. Won both but the seasons game was tougher than any previous division 10 game I can remember in previous years.

Beat Muller's team 3-0 in squad battles on World Class. Don't think I'll go above WC difficulty for any game in squad battles though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Legendary is ridiculously hard on it as well. Even those simple teams can play one touch passing and straight to goal. Might have to drop down on the difficulty on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Has anyone played with Isco and is he worth the 50K?

Have Asensio, Kosasic and J.Viera in my midfield but ideally want to replace the latter with Isco for the triple threat Real Madrid :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Has anyone played with Isco and is he worth the 50K?

Have Asensio, Kosasic and J.Viera in my midfield but ideally want to replace the latter with Isco for the triple threat Real Madrid :pac:

I've been lucky enough to pack him twice, he's decent but I shifted him on for the time being. Hopefully buy him back later when prices drop a bit. Casemiro is very good on the defensive side of things although lacking a little on pace

Today is a bit like "make hay when the sun shines" playing gakes when all the half decent players are distracted by the weekend league haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Legendary is ridiculously hard on it as well. Even those simple teams can play one touch passing and straight to goal. Might have to drop down on the difficulty on that.

I've played a good bit of career mode on legendary and it's totally different to the legendary on squad battles, I'm more than used to the game at this stage but legendary on squad battles is bloody hard

jayo26 wrote: »
    Today is a bit like "make hay when the sun shines" playing gakes when all the half decent players are distracted by the weekend league haha.

Damn right! I'm not touching WL until next month. Gonna pad that win record in seasons and squad battles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

I win most of my games on Legendary squad battles, but sometimes it feels as if the computer just decides - "I'm scoring now". And nothing you can do can stop it. Can be extremely frustrating.

Mokuba wrote: »
    I win most of my games on Legendary squad battles, but sometimes it feels as if the computer just decides - "I'm scoring now". And nothing you can do can stop it. Can be extremely frustrating.

Agree it happens quiet a lot after I score a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Mokuba wrote: »

They do that to me on World Class :pac:

Never done a weekend league before not even in old FIFA as didn't play much. Qualified for this one. What are the benefits? 40 games win as many as possible and profit? What's a decent strike rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

They do that to me on World Class :pac:

Never done a weekend league before not even in old FIFA as didn't play much. Qualified for this one. What are the benefits? 40 games win as many as possible and profit? What's a decent strike rate?

Haven't tried it yet in 18, but I found last year getting 18 wins more then achievable. Rare player pack, some other pack, 25k iirc and qualification to next week's round. If you have the time, I was getting 25-26 wins, but it was hard going as it was too much fifa. I found Sunday evenings is where I'll get a good run of results, as the hard-core crowd may have finished up. Go two goals up early and people where more likely to disconnect then waste time.

• Advertisement

Trying to resist the urge to splash out on Mane for my team.
    I already has Jesus,Sane,Erikkson,Willian up front and they're terrorizing defenses.
    Apart from Ronaldo, Del Piero none of the other icons appeal to me although I could put Berkamp up front but Jesus is banging in the goals.
    I'd definitely like Mane on the wing though.
    Anyone else get him?

Advertisement