Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

jayo26 wrote: »
    Bonaventura as cam is excellent I've used him last year and this year love him.

He does look decent but I'd play him as a CDM/CM, my CAM has to have a 4 star weak foot and 4 star skill moves or I'm screwed.
    I'd honestly love to know how people can beat the squad battle games on ultimate. Chanced my arm trying a game tonight. Only lost 3-1 but was completely destroyed all over the pitch. I was able to win games last week on world class but this had to drop down to professional

Same. I've been playing most games on Legendary, bar the super teams. I had a few good 4-0 wins so I tried Ultimate last night against a 69 rated team with 40 chemistry, a bronze RW at CB, lost 2-1. The AI just never lose shape, even with players with terrible stats.
    Mokuba wrote: »
    I win most of my games on Legendary squad battles, but sometimes it feels as if the computer just decides - "I'm scoring now". And nothing you can do can stop it. Can be extremely frustrating.

I've definitely had this where it's like a switch has been flipped and they go from playing normally to being like "yeah, gonna score now and there's nothing you can do". When they randomly begin to do 8 or 10 first time passes in your final third in mini triangles around the corner flag, you know you are screwed and they are never losing possession without scoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Blazer wrote: »
    I'd definitely like Mane on the wing though.
    Anyone else get him?

Are you on about regular Mane or POTM Mane?

250k+ for an untradeable player who's similar to a tradeable Hazard at 350k, I don't see the sense in it at all

He'll get informs during the season that will be as good as if not better than his potm

His normal card at 180k+ either is silly coins at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Are you on about regular Mane or POTM Mane?

250k+ for an untradeable player who's similar to a tradeable Hazard at 350k, I don't see the sense in it at all

He'll get informs during the season that will be as good as if not better than his potm

His normal card at 180k+ either is silly coins at this stage

They’ll probably be savage prices though and it is a monster card in fairness.
    Never liked Hazard for some reason.Potm mane has the strength to keep it defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

They’ll probably be savage prices though and it is a monster card in fairness.
    Never liked Hazard for some reason.Potm mane has the strength to keep it defenders.

Savage prices that you can get back, 250k spent on Mane is 250k gone forever

I've only used Hazard in draft but he's like glue to the ball and so hard to get off the ball

Best player I've used so far is Maradona though, absolutely ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Forgot how much I have a love/hate thing for FIFA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Forgot how much I have a love/hate thing for FIFA

I'm the same.. really dislike the squad battles game play on Legendary, you can see when the goal is coming a mile off as others have said, playing it mainly for the prizes now.. loving the online seasons though :D

Savage prices that you can get back, 250k spent on Mane is 250k gone forever

I've only used Hazard in draft but he's like glue to the ball and so hard to get off the ball

Best player I've used so far is Maradona though, absolutely ridiculous

yeah I'd love Maradona too..although I have Eriksen and he's unreal...not as fast as Maradona, but long shots, left shots, right shots, finesse shots, goal assists..he's fantastic..only for getting him as an untradeable I'd be using a different league as I have only used BPL once since FUT began.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Played a good few games today got promoted twice it's mainly because of the weeekend league but anyway will keep going ha.

Few things I am getting the hand of is defending is insane hard this year and mostly because it is more reliant on perfectly times tackles instead of button bashing and this is something I have been guilty of in recent years so I'll stick at it and hopefully get used to it.

Another thing is people just seem to be playing with high pressure and the right shoulder button held down I was wondering how good they all were at pressing but you can see they it not even controlling any of the players doing the pressing I think this is something that they are going to have to combat.

Also one of the best things about set pieces was switching control to receiving player and getting into position but you can't do that now because there is a permanent marker on your players head so no element of surprise about it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Trying to resist the urge to splash out on Mane for my team.
    I already has Jesus,Sane,Erikkson,Willian up front and they're terrorizing defenses.
    Apart from Ronaldo, Del Piero none of the other icons appeal to me although I could put Berkamp up front but Jesus is banging in the goals.
    I'd definitely like Mane on the wing though.
    Anyone else get him?

I came up against POTM Mane in the daily knockout in every game barring one. He absolutely destroyed me...no catching up with or stopping him. Reckon his normal card is just as good

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Hammo19

First post by myself but have been reading posts for the past 3/4weeks..
    I'm loving Fifa18 for many reasons!
    Defending is without a doubt a challenge but keeping shape and being patient is crucial.
    I'm 7 games into the weekend league. 3 wins and 4 losses but one game got dissoconnected which was an EA issue but i got a loss for this?
    Any idea how to inquire about this issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Hammo19 wrote: »
    First post by myself but have been reading posts for the past 3/4weeks..
    I'm loving Fifa18 for many reasons!
    Defending is without a doubt a challenge but keeping shape and being patient is crucial.
    I'm 7 games into the weekend league. 3 wins and 4 losses but one game got dissoconnected which was an EA issue but i got a loss for this?
    Any idea how to inquire about this issue.

That's just a part of FIFA. I've had the same all throughout last year when I played the weekend league. I was getting 2 or 3 disconnects every weekend.

If you get disconnected in a daily knockout tournament final or in a draft game, you can talk to EA chat and they will give you entry to the weekend league or a free draft token.

They won't do anything about a disconnect.

I came up against POTM Mane in the daily knockout in every game barring one. He absolutely destroyed me...no catching up with or stopping him. Reckon his normal card is just as good

feck it,..I had money to spare so what the hell eh :)

feck it,..I had money to spare so what the hell eh :)

Let me know how it goes. Tempted to pair him up with Walcott now haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Heard ye the first time lol.

Sorry to hear that Gilberto, I know you like the fifa. I haven't played it with too be disheartened yet but I must say it is awful in regard to defending, defenders don't know how to defend.

Played three games today. 6-7, 4-4 and 6-3.

stick with it mate..take a break for a week or two and you know there'll be another patch for it. It has dramatically improved since Day 1.

I haven't played enough to have seen any improvement but I agree with the first part.

Step back, bite fist, smoke a crinny!

Made a fair bit trading, probably 500k easy, but by eck it's a nuisance.

Then, spur of the moment style, 'invested' in some OTW players over the past few days and tied up all my dosh lol.

That said, I did sell a few unexpected Sigurdssons for about 12k profit each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fair play to those who have the patience to invest and trade.

I don't have the patience for it at all, tried it early last year and it wrecked my head. Made about 12k after 5 rounds of selling players.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Signing off for the night with 8-5 on the weekend league. Happy with that considering I went from 2-0 to 2-5 ending on 8-5 :P

3W and 4L in the weekend league. Probably should be 4W 3L smashed some guy all game he had 1 shot on target and scored.

Elite 2 in Squad Battles atm. No doubt will be Elite 3 when I wake up.

Weekend league is so sweaty, I turn into a cnut going to the corner flag etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Said I'd check in here :) I've taken a good interest in UT for the past 4-5 years. I mainly focus on putting a squad together with money made from online seasons so it's cheap thrills :P

Anyways, below is what I'm currently working with. I find this FIFA is brutal for leaking goals at the back and I regularly concede 3, sometimes more. Not shown below but Nicolas De Préville is a secret weapon. He has something like 15 goals in 12 matches for me, decent!

Currently in Div.6, onwards and upwards! :)

ligue_1.png

• Advertisement

Switched to 41212 recently as well...starting to win games again! Have 2 squads, the second one being 442 with Spanish striker Rodrigo up top (very good player) and Doumbia.

Fcuk this game ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I'm not sure if it's the update or weekend league, but the game feels completely different and not in a good way. Back to fifa 17 tactics.

I'm playing 4-3-3 (4) and finding my cam and wingers are tearing through defenses. You definitely need a good cam with long range shots, finesse shooting and excellent passing which will split defenses apart.
    If you're using this formation for BPL you simply have to have Eriksen. He's something like 28 goals in 20 for me and Jesus is the same.Eriksen has a ridiculous amount of traits.
    Sane and William and surprisingly Schneiderlin are also chipping in goals.
    Nice strong midfield with a good tough back line.
    I could get Kante and Bailly and Mane and that would complete my team but this team is performing excellently.

9KpvsgA.png

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

No talk of coin selling means NO talk of coin selling

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

blaa85 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's the update or weekend league, but the game feels completely different and not in a good way. Back to fifa 17 tactics.

I'm winning games today, but I've got to admit, I'm just really bored today.

I put in Musa into my team, and hes scored 10 in 4 for me, and him and Son up front are a great combo. But everyone else on my team, I just feel very "meh" about. I'm just getting loads of tik-takka bs opponents today, and I'm not having any genuine fun. I'm playing because I've the habit of playing.

Usually, it's Xmas before that feeling kicks in... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm winning games today, but I've got to admit, I'm just really bored today.

I put in Musa into my team, and hes scored 10 in 4 for me, and him and Son up front are a great combo. But everyone else on my team, I just feel very "meh" about. I'm just getting loads of tik-takka bs opponents today, and I'm not having any genuine fun. I'm playing because I've the habit of playing.

Usually, it's Xmas before that feeling kicks in... :(

I know what you mean I'm actually same I can't even be bothererd trading already and it's so easy I think I'm fifa burnt out

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Squad battles are wearing thin already,it's too obvious when the computer decides it wants to score! 2 up against a 69 rated team on pro difficulty and got steamrolled for last 30 mins of the match!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    I know what you mean I'm actually same I can't even be bothererd trading already and it's so easy I think I'm fifa burnt out

Yeap. I've sold up most of my team, and invested it into some IFs, but I think I'm gonna give the game itself a break for a few days, and go play Divinity Original Sin 2 instead. I'll relist the IFs when I get a chance but gonna take a break from the more intensive trading.

I've sat down and tried to think up of other teams to try, but the players I want, I just cannot justify the prices the players are currently going for. Maybe if I take a break and come back, they'll have calmed down and I can try them then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is there a limit to the amount of games you can play in Squad Battles?

Advertisement