Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

J. Marston wrote: »
    Doesn't matter what Ozil is, no one will use him. Like David Silva.

I use Ozil :confused:
    Hes always one of my first signings

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I got Ozil in a gold upgrade pack last year and never used him. Just always found him so slow and weak. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

irishman86 wrote: »
    I use Ozil :confused:
    Hes always one of my first signings

Ozil can be good if used right, he just doesnt fit the meta of the last fifas, power and pace

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

30-21 released:

https://www.easports.com/fifa/fifa-18-player-ratings-top-100?utm_campaign=fifa18_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_ratings30to21-tw-090917&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=35699&ts=1504976575845#30-21

Thought they'd have dropped every player rating by 3/4 across the board to stop things like Messi and Ronaldo each having multiple 99 rated IFs/TOTS/etc but it seems like there are more 88+ players than ever this year.

30-21 released:

https://www.easports.com/fifa/fifa-18-player-ratings-top-100?utm_campaign=fifa18_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_ratings30to21-tw-090917&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=35699&ts=1504976575845#30-21

Thought they'd have dropped every player rating by 3/4 across the board to stop things like Messi and Ronaldo each having multiple 99 rated IFs/TOTS/etc but it seems like there are more 88+ players than ever this year.

They seem to have dropped the face stats on the cards, I'm not going checking all the cards from last year to compare but the cards just seem to be a couple points down in each stat

• Advertisement

Details of the web app.

September 15 – FUT 17 Web App goes offline.

September 20 – FUT 18 Web App comes online. If you’re eligible, this is when you can start using the Transfer Market.

September 21 – New Companion App launches. This is your chance to update your Companion App for FIFA 18 on Android and iOS.

Early access to the Web and Companion Transfer Market ends at 12:00 a.m. GMT on October 9. After that, you’ll need to log in to FUT 18 on your console or PC at least once to continue using both apps.

21st is also early access to the game, if you have EAAccess.

You must have created a FUT Club before August 1, 2017, to get early access to the FUT 18 Web and Companion apps.
    Your FUT 17 account must still exist.
    Your account needs to be in good standing. If you were banned or had other actions taken on your account in FUT 17, you won’t get early access.
    What’s up with my rewards?

Rewards are based on your account’s good standing in the game, along with your player history and engagement. This is why your rewards may be different from your friend’s.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/fifa/fifa-18/fut-18-early-web-and-companion-app-start/

Both the web app and companion app will be out a day or 2 earlier than they say going on previous years, they announce a day and then release it early so people don't all try and go on it at once and crash it

AFAIK we can do SBC's on the web app this year so that should be way handier than the companion app which was a pain

SBC on the web app sounds magnificent. I hated having to have the web app and companion going at once on two screens.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Ozil can be good if used right, he just doesnt fit the meta of the last fifas, power and pace

I found stick him in a three behind Giroud with the two stoke boys on the wings worked perfect
    Ive never been a Vardy/Theo sort of player

irishman86 wrote: »
    I found stick him in a three behind Giroud with the two stoke boys on the wings worked perfect
    Ive never been a Vardy/Theo sort of player

My best striker last year was probably Falcao, I use unpopular players here and there as well

I'm going to make a commitment to myself to never use Renato Sanches, if he's anything like last year he's going to be a nightmare

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

My best striker last year was probably Falcao, I use unpopular players here and there as well

I'm going to make a commitment to myself to never use Renato Sanches, if he's anything like last year he's going to be a nightmare

Use and abuse I say.

Sanchez was good last year for start off teams but once you were building teams up in the mid 80s marks he wasn't that great.

Only player is dispised last year was that stupid Leicester forward ridicules overpowered.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Use and abuse I say.

Sanchez was good last year for start off teams but once you were building teams up in the mid 80s marks he wasn't that great.

Only player is disposed last year was that stupid Leicester forward ridicules overpowered.

True but he ruled the midfields for 3/4 months at the start, and there's always these low rated overpowered players like Sanches and Musa

A lot of players seem to have gotten pace downgrades so those with 90+ pace will be demons

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sanches has downgraded to 76 overall with a significant pace decrease.

He won't be popular this year, not without one or two IF's.

Think we'll be seeing a lot of Wijnaldums in starter squads this season.

ae064da5e8f5fc8fc59de2b12a2b3bce.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Wijnaldum looks solid for a starter squad for sure. Glad that Sanches has been downgraded a bit. Sanches and Kante as part of every BPL team, starring as "The energizer bunny midfield".... with the Chris "I'm 5 at the back just by myself" Smalling behind them....... no thank you.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Wijnaldum looks solid for a starter squad for sure. Glad that Sanches has been downgraded a bit. Sanches and Kante as part of every BPL team, starring as "The energizer bunny midfield".... with the Chris "I'm 5 at the back just by myself" Smalling behind them....... no thank you.
    Thanks to his rating Kante will probably be mad expensive this year anyway

Cant wait to start trading again haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I'm gonna miss my wee mate Deulofeu in my First Division team :( Not for his ability, just because I run an Everton team mainly - not looking good this year, can't think of one toffee that will make the grade, unless Keane and Pickford get big ratings upgrades :(

Edit : maybe I liked Duolefuo's pace also lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Liamalone wrote: »
    I'm gonna miss my wee mate Deulofeu in my First Division team :( Not for his ability, just because I run an Everton team mainly - not looking good this year, can't think of one toffee that will make the grade, unless Keane and Pickford get big ratings upgrades :(

Edit : maybe I liked Duolefuo's pace also lol

Rooney should do the job :)

wonski wrote: »
    Rooney should do the job :)

Ye think lol, guaranteed a downgrade now he's left a 'top' team. If you leave Chelsea, City or United then down you go.

• Advertisement

Ye think lol, guaranteed a downgrade now he's left a 'top' team. If you leave Chelsea, City or United then down you go.

He is 81 rated this year lol.

I think Keane will be an 82 surely.

jayo26 wrote: »
    He is 81 rated this year lol.

I think Keane will be an 82 surely.

81? From an 84? lol it's probably correct if you take it on merit/last seasons performance or should I say minutes played. Laughable when you compare it to other players holding/dropping by one in comparison.

Meh lol, was never a fan of his in Fifa tbh.

81? From an 84? lol it's probably correct if you take it on merit/last seasons performance or should I say minutes played. Laughable when you compare it to other players holding/dropping by one in comparison.

Meh lol, was never a fan of his in Fifa tbh.

Just found this

fifaratings1.jpg

Those ratings are laughable! I'll just pick out two of our own, Coleman and McCarthy 81? Coleman has went down, wtf? McCarthy held lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I had the dynamite midfield duo of Rooney and Kovacic (81, NIF) in my main team in FUT17, but they were surrounded by a bunch of unreal players. You really don't need elite CMs if you play 4-2-3-1.

Rooney's work rates (high defensive), strength and shooting made him an unreal CM. He's probably only be good for a starter or second team judging by the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Coleman 73 pace? What the fúck?

One rule for the top teams and another for the others.

Coleman and Gundogan were out injured more or less all season. Coleman gets downgraded, Gundogan keeps an 85 rating (which is an absurd rating for him anyway).

lol I expect to see Seamus toggling out with crutches then. Only way I can rationalise the 73 pace rating.

So what versions are people thinking of buying?

I've never bought any of the premium versions because the extras usually aren't worth the extra dough, but I'm quiet Tues-Thurs right now so I'd have serious fomo if I didn't have it on the Tuesday and for an extra 20/30 I think it's worth the 3 days of fun I'd get, wasted more than that in 2 hours in the pub plenty of times

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

So what versions are people thinking of buying?

I've never bought any of the premium versions because the extras usually aren't worth the extra dough, but I'm quiet Tues-Thurs right now so I'd have serious fomo if I didn't have it on the Tuesday and for an extra 20/30 I think it's worth the 3 days of fun I'd get, wasted more than that in 2 hours in the pub plenty of times

I always get the edition with the 20 jumbo packs..now even more important thanks to SBCs.
    I never get anyone good in them but they could save me a bob or two.

• Advertisement

I got the one with the 20 jumbo packs, but that was thanks to the discounts. I got the loyalty bonus and the EA access bonus, so that knocked the edition down to the price of the regular one :)

Advertisement